Which commish has it harder?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which commish is having a tougher time with the issues?

Gary Bettman, NHL
No votes
Bud Selig, MLB
14%
David Stern, NBA
71%
Roger Goodell, NFL
14%

Total votes : 7

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:41 pm
Which one?

Gary Bettman, NHL - Low ratings, low interest, low everything.

Bud Selig, MLB - Steroids, Bonds and his chase for No. 755/756, the media hounding him asking for answers every time he steps out the door

David Stern, NBA - Officiating scandal

Roger Goodell, NFL - Michael Vick issue, trouble makers such as Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, ect.
Last edited by xbay on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:33 pm
Great poll. They are all having their problems, but I have to say Roger Goodell. Not only does he have to deal with Vick, Jones, and Tank Johnson, but the whole Cincinnati Bengals team, where half the team is in jail right now. :shock:

If you were to ask who dont you like, I gotta say Bud Selig. He is an ass who thinks he knows everything.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:00 pm
True. I'd go with Stern IMO. They only have one guy so far... but there are plenty more to come. And it's not just referees, it's players too which could mean players fixed games by paying the refs to call the game their teams' way. And those games could be significant games.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:20 pm
Oh yeah, there will be more. I wouldnt be suprised to see ten, twenty more refs get busted. It is terrible that this would happen in a sport that has stayed relatively clean for a while.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:24 am
xbaywarrior wrote:True. I'd go with Stern IMO. They only have one guy so far... but there are plenty more to come. And it's not just referees, it's players too which could mean players fixed games by paying the refs to call the game their teams' way. And those games could be significant games.

Yep. It's only going to get bigger. And another blow for Stern, who has been making some dubious moves the last few years... He's got the most pressure now.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:37 am
It has to be Stern. The ref scandal is on him, and it is huger than anything else going on in other sports. After spending so much time trying to clean up the NBA image he is getting nailed by the one group he didn't take to issue - the refs. He has been way too cocky and arrogant of late and now would be a great time to humble himselft a little and get his ship in order.

Selig, as inept as he is, would be my close second. Just because he has been so wishy washy with Bonds and the whole steroids issue has blown up under his watch. Not to mention, in general, he is just a bad commissioner who make poor decisions with the sport.

Goodell isn't really in that tight of a bind. His players keep getting arrested, but at least now he is putting them on lockdown.

Who would have thought that Gary Bettman would be the best commish this summer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:20 pm
Bud Selig has the easier job out of all these morons.

The whole Barry Bonds thing is a joke. Its a witch hunt. Selig will be at the game when Bonds breaks the record.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:33 pm
I am going to the game tonight. I hope that they show him on the screen so that he can get his ass booed out of San Fran.

Condoleesa Rice was out there a month back and they showed her on the screen, and people booed for about five minutes strait until she left. It was kind of funny.

That is what would happen if Selig was shown.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:04 pm
What I've noticed is that when the media starts getting on Bonds about the record, he starts to struggle. The media is Bonds' kryptonite. The more talk Bonds hears about what Selig's plans are and the more people ask questions about the record, he's going to struggle.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 am
xbaywarrior wrote:What I've noticed is that when the media starts getting on Bonds about the record, he starts to struggle. The media is Bonds' kryptonite. The more talk Bonds hears about what Selig's plans are and the more people ask questions about the record, he's going to struggle.

Even the great Barry Bonds gets a little stage fright i guess.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:01 am
Dubs4life wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:What I've noticed is that when the media starts getting on Bonds about the record, he starts to struggle. The media is Bonds' kryptonite. The more talk Bonds hears about what Selig's plans are and the more people ask questions about the record, he's going to struggle.

Even the great Barry Bonds gets a little stage fright i guess.

This is beyond stage fright.

He's breaking the most sacred record in all of sports and the majority of the country is rooting against him. He's getting death threats, the media's slamming him, he's being massively booed... its the Hank Aaron ordeal all over again. Only, instead of racism, the media's created this hoax about steriods and cheating for everyone to get mad at.

Its absolutely ludicrous.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Sports Board