Michael Vick

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Should Michael Vick be allowed back into the NFL if he is found guilty?

Yes, it isnt that bad.
25%
No, what he did was terrible.
75%
Other, explain
No votes

Total votes : 8

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:15 pm
Personally, I dont think he should.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:04 pm
While he is one of my favorite players to watch, I really don't know who this man is anymore. I too believe he should be banned.

And by the orders of the NFL and Roger Goodell, Vick has been benched until everything is settled.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:07 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:While he is one of my favorite players to watch, I really don't know who this man is anymore. I too believe he should be banned.

And by the orders of the NFL and Roger Goodell, Vick has been benched until everything is settled.

There is no doubt that he is certainly fun to watch, but I think that even if he were to get back into the league, he is going to get booed every single place that he goes. He may even get booed at home. :shock:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:10 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:While he is one of my favorite players to watch, I really don't know who this man is anymore. I too believe he should be banned.

There is no doubt that he is certainly fun to watch, but I think that even if he were to get back into the league, he is going to get booed every single place that he goes. He may even get booed at home. :shock:

Yeah. I'd be embarrassed to be a Falcons fan. This should get more attention than Bonds and steroids.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:14 am
If he's found guilty, he'll have to deal with whatever sentence he may get. He'll have to worry about a lot more than his NFL career.

Of course, he shouldn't play next season, and maybe more,pending on his involvement.

Now I wonder how the Falcons front office feels about trading Schaub...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 am
When I heard that they werent letting him back to camp, that was my first though. Who is going to be their qb?
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:43 am
Joey Harrington.

What Vick did is inexecusable and atrocious. If he is found guilty he should sit for a long time, if not forever. It would be a change in the past but it is still something that needs to happen. The NFL can right its ship by not being lenient on Vick the way they were with Leonard Little (no way that guy should be on the field).

But TMC is right, it won't matter what the NFL wants to do if he is found guilty because Big Gov is going to shut him down.

And the one vote for "Yes, it isn't that big of a deal" was mine and it was an accident. I clicked the wrong option and had submitted it before realizing what I had done.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:45 am
Thunder wrote:Joey Harrington.

What Vick did is inexecusable and atrocious. If he is found guilty he should sit for a long time, if not forever. It would be a change in the past but it is still something that needs to happen. The NFL can right its ship by not being lenient on Vick the way they were with Leonard Little (no way that guy should be on the field).

But TMC is right, it won't matter what the NFL wants to do if he is found guilty because Big Gov is going to shut him down.

And the one vote for "Yes, it isn't that big of a deal" was mine and it was an accident. I clicked the wrong option and had submitted it before realizing what I had done.

UGH!!! Joey Harrington.... he is terrible....

How long would Vick be in jail if he is found guilty? Anybody know?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:04 am
Some of the things I heard about this Mike Vick case sicken me...

A dog was found, buried, with a noose around it's neck. They found a dog buried that they had confirm was killed by being thrown into a brick wall (or something as solid). They saw video footage of a guy spraying an injured dog down with water and electrocuting it to death.

That kinda sh*t is just sick. I can't totally hate on the whole idea of it (because, to be totally honest, I'd probably go see a dog fight if I got invited to one... just to see it once), but torturing the defeated dogs and killing them off is just absolutely disgusting. And, honestly, just because I'd go to see one dog fight doesn't mean I support that sh*t; its so much worse than cockfights or anything else.

Vick's days in the NFL are done. He had it all. All kinds of fame, money, love, support, fans who worshipped him... and now its all gone. Thats a damn shame and its damn sick, too.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:11 am
To me, the whole idea of dog fighting is absoutly disgusting. I dont understand why they would do it. It is abusing and killing an animal that cant defend itself. I would absolutely NEVER go to one, and if I knew where one was, I would tell the cops. I hate that these people who are talented just completely waiste it by being stupid. Pacman Jones, Michael Vick, and Tank Johnson just astound me.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:48 am
:dontknow: I dunno, don't ask me. The dog-fighters try and brush it off as a difference in cultures. That, disturbingly, is also one of NAMBLA's main argument's, too...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:25 pm
32 wrote::dontknow: I dunno, don't ask me. The dog-fighters try and brush it off as a difference in cultures. That, disturbingly, is also one of NAMBLA's main argument's, too...

What do you mean a difference in cultures?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:To me, the whole idea of dog fighting is absoutly disgusting. I dont understand why they would do it. It is abusing and killing an animal that cant defend itself. I would absolutely NEVER go to one, and if I knew where one was, I would tell the cops. I hate that these people who are talented just completely waiste it by being stupid. Pacman Jones, Michael Vick, and Tank Johnson just astound me.

So true. They're all so talented. They had a gift, and they go out and do this sh*t? Every damn person wishes they had their talent so they could be as rich and famous as everyone. It's absolutely disgusting to see something like this. He may not have had his dog do it, but he sponsored the damn thing. We all love Vick for what he can do on the field, but off the field... it's just f*ckin' stupid. He deserves to be banned and jailed for this. Inexcusable.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:49 pm
I dont care if he didnt have his dog in it. The fact that he was a supporter of this, in my opinion, is just as bad. To me, there is no difference if you are doing it or just watching it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:06 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote::dontknow: I dunno, don't ask me. The dog-fighters try and brush it off as a difference in cultures. That, disturbingly, is also one of NAMBLA's main argument's, too...

What do you mean a difference in cultures?

They try to claim that thats one of the things that are apart of that ghetto, southern, black culture. Dog-fighting is an ugly hobby for some of the people in the south. I don't agree with it (and neither does the majority of southerners), but its the excuse dog-fighters fall back on nevertheless...
Next

Return to Sports Board