Rockets acquire Scola

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:49 pm
They don't need pass first PG. The team is best with T-Mac intiating

Yao will have a huge initiating role that JVG never gave to him and that will be interesting to see.

Mike James is perfect for spreading the floor and being a spot up shooter.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:41 pm
Thunder wrote:They'd be better if they jettisoned both Mike and Skip and tried to get a pass first guy like Ridnour.

Good point and I agree, Ridnour would be a great fit and MJames and Alston should be shipped out. They will keep James as they just got him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:45 pm
~W~ wrote:
migya wrote:That does make alot of sense. Rockets pull in and make the move, a move that could well finally break their 1st round hoodo, especially McGrady's

McGrady has the first round curse... something you can't control... :banghead:

Reckon the Rockets will getpast the 1st round this time but if I was to bet money on it, I'd say they won't because they haven't so far and it must be a big mental block for TMac to pass

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:15 am
lakerfool wrote:They don't need pass first PG. The team is best with T-Mac intiating

Yao will have a huge initiating role that JVG never gave to him and that will be interesting to see.

That's what I think, too. We'll see what happens, but I really like their offseason. It's now or never for these Rockets.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:48 am
TMC wrote:
lakerfool wrote:They don't need pass first PG. The team is best with T-Mac intiating

That's what I think, too. We'll see what happens, but I really like their offseason. It's now or never for these Rockets.

I don't think that they only have a year or two in which to compete for a championship. They are still young and have a good 7-10 years of TMac being able to perform at a top level (depending on his back ofcourse). What they do have to do is figure out their lineup because it changes year after year

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:56 am
I think they have a two year window to win, at least, a first round series. They'll blow up the team if not (minus Yao, of course).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:08 am
They won't blow up the team. It doesn't get much better than TMac and Yao as your superstars. They do need to get a proper PG as neither MJames or Alston has shown they can be great PGs. As someone already mentioned, Ridnour would be a good fit there. They have good scrapping PF in Hayes but they do need a more capable PF that can score some. A Haslem type would be ideal for them. Battier is good at SF but his defense didn't seem to be a factor last season like it was for the Grizz all those years. Another good bench player is needed as well

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:28 pm
IMO the team is best with T-Mac initiating and taking a magic role. I don't care for him shooting 40% to get a bunch of points. He should shoot less, and pass more, which he has done lately.

Keep in mind too Bonzi Wells is playing this year. The guy who putup 20/10 against the spurs? in th eplayoffs under adelman, who JVG idiotically refused ot play because he "wasn't going to let a player play into shape ala shaq"

unlike Yao and Mcgrady, Bonzi has a killer instinct and that toughness they've lacked
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:37 pm
Bonzi is a headcase though and yet to prove he wants to be a great playeer again. If he could get back to caring and be something like he was when he was in the Blazers, the Rockets would be my favourites for the championship right now

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:35 pm
He'll be fine. He was rejuvenated in his stay with Adelman in Sacramento.

He likes playing in offensive systems like he did with the blazers.

He really dropped off when he was in Hubies grind it out system and of course JVG's militant system.

05-06 he puts up 23 pts, 12 reb, 60% shooting from FG and 3's and I believe it was against the Spurs or Mavs.

He's rested for a year and remotivated to play under Adelman. He'll be fine.

He'd be perfect for the Warriors BTW. :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 am
If he can be the old Bonzi, he's gonna help that team a lot. To the point of making them one of the favorites to win it all. Not the main contender, but a top 4 team.

At least, I'm sure he won't have a season as bad as the last one... It's also a contract year for him, and that can only help.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:05 am
If Bonzi plays pretty well, chances are he'l out price himself and leave to go to another team. Be good if he does get back to how he was and stays with the Rockets as they could really use him longterm

Previous

Return to Sports Board