The Oakland Athletics Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:25 am
The A's had another brilliant season. but they hit the Tigers which has been their postseason kryptonite.

I think Bob Melvin went done fucked up by starting Sonny Grey in game 5. I'd of gone with Colon who pitched way more shut outs this year. got more wins. Colon sounds like he'd be back next year.. but the do and die death attitude of someone on the mound chasing that ring. I believe he would of gone toe to toe with Verlander for the shut out until the disastorous Tigers bullpen would of opened up for the A's bats.

Anyways its all in hindsight. Tigers have advanced and the A's gotta work hard for another chance cause the 2014 Rangers & Angels should be much improved.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:43 pm
3 things certain in life: Death, taxes, and the Oakland Athletics rewarding all-star players by trading them away for a bunch of prospects. I don't know how ya'll tolerate being A's fans. Billy Bean is so predictable. He's no genius, he's a buzzkill. Thank God I'm a Giants fan. Adios Josh Donaldson, hope you enjoyed your farm system aka Oakland A's.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:25 am
rockyBeli wrote:3 things certain in life: Death, taxes, and the Oakland Athletics rewarding all-star players by trading them away for a bunch of prospects. I don't know how ya'll tolerate being A's fans. Billy Bean is so predictable. He's no genius, he's a buzzkill. Thank God I'm a Giants fan. Adios Josh Donaldson, hope you enjoyed your farm system aka Oakland A's.

When Life gives you Lemon, Trade away your assets for prospects.

JD didn't deserve to go but he made some comments on twitter about owners not opening their chequebooks.

Brett Lawrie is younger, cheaper and fingers crossed more talented.. Lawrie had a real shocking injury history run this season.. So Billy is taking chances with this trade.

It's going to hurt twice as deep if Lester signs with the Giants this week. "Trade Cespedes away and the guy you got ends up across the BAY"
Previous

Return to Sports Board