im sick of duncan

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:01 am
please, i know he is tall and have great foundaments, but, c'on, he isn unstopable, when i saw kurt thomas defending him i was going crazy, they are, or almost the same height, and have similar bodies, so why cant thomas defend duncan, duncan is slow, he have a great shoot, yes, but not unstopable, we lost against utah, so i not going with my fury with them, cause i really like okur and kirilenko, so im hopin to see okur defending duncan cause i know he can do, he stop shaq (of course with some ben wallace help) in their times, and shaq is much more unstopable than timmy, so c'on memo, put the things in their place, well, sorry about repeat so much the "unstopable" but my english is very limited, thanks :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:19 am
Duncan is an alltime great and IS unstoppable! He has some bad game now and then but the guy does it without being fancy and without even trying to out jump everyone! He is pure skill and smarts and a great showing of what big guys shuld try to do = Beat your opponent with skills rather than pure athleticism. He is a good athlete but defers to his skill. Okur is not a good defender and wouldn't have a chance in hell of stopping Duncan even if Duncan was on one leg. Kirilenko will likely be the one guarding Duncan and he has the ability to do quite well but the Jazz will double and triple team Duncan often

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:29 am
well, then the nba big man sucks a lot, cause when i saw the olympics games, piculin ortiz stop duncan, so what can i say...the big man plays one on one in 2 mts space, if u have the strenght and height u can stop any inside player, is much harder to defend in the 3 point zone, cause when a player run to the basket u need to move really quickly and close the spaces, defence in the low post is much easier, just need that two things, height and streght, and knowledge off course, if u are in the best league u must think a little right?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:39 am
Strange that Duncan has been unstoppable for some 10 years now. Some players have been able to slow him down for a game or two but none have done it over and over. Duncan, like Shaq, is an alltime great that has been and will always be successful

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:09 am
saintly man you are, migya :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 11:27 am
LMAO, somehow I knew (opening this thread) that miggy would be the first person to rush to Duncan's aid...

I think I'm gonna sit this one out. :)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:32 am
32 wrote:LMAO, somehow I knew (opening this thread) that miggy would be the first person to rush to Duncan's aid...

I think I'm gonna sit this one out. :)

I think any nba fan would attest to the greatness if Duncan! Him and his team are becoming quite sick to watch with their influencing of the refs but what they have done in the recent past must be given credit

Return to Sports Board