Wow Stoudemire, Diaw and Horry Suspended

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:20 pm
I cant believe the league would suspend Amare and Diaw. I know its in the rule book but come on... They basically just handed the series to San Antonio... Unless nash goes crazy.

I know the league would have gotten a lot of crap from spurs backers for not suspending them but i doubt many of the spurs fans wanted this either. If i was a spurs fan I would want to win fair and square.

Oh well i guess the warriors will just have to dig themselves out of this 3-1 hole and then go on to beat the spurs in the western conference finals. I dont know if I can take another San antonio vs Detroit Finals

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:33 pm
why... Tim Duncan came off the bench too during a separate altercation, why wasnt he suspended???
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:55 pm
This was the most idiotic response the NBA could have given to the event.

The correct options are as follows:

- Suspend STAT, Diaw, Duncan, and Bowen for all coming off the bench. Duncan and Bowen weren't as noticeable when they came off but if you are going to follow the letter of the law then all of them need to sit a game. This would be mostly fair for both sides and wouldn't tip the series one way or another.

- Don't suspend anyone. This would viewing the context of the actions rather than simply isolating the event. This too, would be fair for both sides.

As it is the Suns are going to lose 2 key players for a very important game when they are the team that had the bs occur on them. Also how is Horry only gone for 2, meaning a game 7 return is possible? He should be done for the series. There was no pride involved, no play on the ball at all with what he did. He simply body checked Nash into the table. I didn't really respect the guy to begin with but now he's just bought himself a boo ticket for the rest of his career.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:16 pm
This ruined the series. A very entertaining series loses two huge players on the Suns and one role player on the Spurs. Whoever finalized this is an idiot. Suspend both Amare and Diaw? Amare is real important, he brings a crowd in from the TV because of the Nash to Amare connections. Diaw is Diaw, but still, if they're only going to suspend Horry and not maybe Duncan, then this is just absurb.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:35 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:This ruined the series. A very entertaining series loses two huge players on the Suns and one role player on the Spurs. Whoever finalized this is an idiot. Suspend both Amare and Diaw? Amare is real important, he brings a crowd in from the TV because of the Nash to Amare connections. Diaw is Diaw, but still, if they're only going to suspend Horry and not maybe Duncan, then this is just absurb.

Losing Amare and Diaw are wayyyy more crucial then Horry. This next game is going to be difficult for the Suns to win even at home, which would mean they go down 3-2 and face elimination at San Antonio. These suspensions for the Suns can lose their season, a season in which they had a very good chance of winning a Championship.
Image Image
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:44 pm
I don't care that Horry got two games with Amare and Diaw getting only one. Amare has been huge. The Spurs losing pretty much no one is a huge advantage. I think Suns fans will want Stern's head if they lose game five and possibly the series.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:36 am
Seems unfair and the Suns are in trouble for the next game. These rules need to be reviewed but it is what it is

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:47 am
Thunder wrote:- Don't suspend anyone. This would viewing the context of the actions rather than simply isolating the event. This too, would be fair for both sides.

That would have been the right move. Don't suspend anybody. Fine them all you want, but don't change the outcome of the series by suspending players.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:15 am
Just David Stern playing God again. :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:29 pm
D'Antoni is not happy with the suspensions. Neither is Amare, he hides that he's pissed but he isn't going to say more because Stern will add more punishment. Diaw has done nothing wrong since coming into the league. All they were trying to do was check on Steve Nash.

Return to Sports Board