Re-Seeding in the playoffs.

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Should the NBA reseed teams after the first round?

Yes
29%
No
71%

Total votes : 7

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:04 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:No way! The whole point on playing more games is to find out which is the better team and deserving winner. Wouldn't change the 7 game format

:dontknow: The best thing about the NFL playoffs is the one game format. The team with the best record plays at home the whole playoffs except the SB. And it works pretty well. Much better than the NBA format, actually.

With that said, I don't think a 1 game format would work well for bball, but I'd like it to go no further than 5 games. 7 seems a bit too much, like the league is just trying to make more money.

But that may just be me.

I like it as is. Better for the fans because they get to see more games but also it shows the best team (usually) because the winner wins 4 games, no small feat. The thing I never liked about the NCAA BBall Tournament was that it is 1 game between teams and that's it. They should reduce the number of teams from 64 to 32 and play best of three

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:00 am
migya wrote:I like it as is. Better for the fans because they get to see more games but also it shows the best team (usually) because the winner wins 4 games, no small feat. The thing I never liked about the NCAA BBall Tournament was that it is 1 game between teams and that's it. They should reduce the number of teams from 64 to 32 and play best of three

That's also its biggest attractive. And why it's called March Madness... it'd be March Boredom if not. :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Sports Board