Carlisle fired

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:51 pm
It took less than half a season for Dungmurphy to drop their perennial, playoff, team out of contention and subsequently get their coach fired.

There are a lot of white people to blame for the mess in Indy right now.........lol

Just a joke fellas, just a joke.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:16 pm
Not his fault. The idiots fell for Diogu's potential and Murphleavy starting a "new career" in on another squad. It did nothing but decrease their talent. Terrible trade, Carlisle could do nothing much really. Sad to see him go like that. I think he'll end up with the Bobcats or Sonics.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:30 am
Moved to the sports board.

I think Carlisle is overrated. He did well in Detroit because he had a great group of players there, but they needed to hire Brown to really become a contender. I like him as a defensive coach, but his teams usually are pretty awful on offense. Too predictable. I like him better as an assistant coach that head coach.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:32 am
What Carlisle did two years ago with the Pacers, taking a very depleted team to the playoffs, was AMAZING and showed he is a great coach! A team like the Sonics or TWolves desperately need him, as do the Celtics, a playoff talent team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:14 am
migya wrote:What Carlisle did two years ago with the Pacers, taking a very depleted team to the playoffs, was AMAZING and showed he is a great coach! A team like the Sonics or TWolves desperately need him, as do the Celtics, a playoff talent team

Well, he would definitely be an improvement over Doc Rivers. But there will be better coaches available. I think Bdzelik or Terry Porter (or Larry Brown, but seems like he's Memphis pick for their position, if he accepts) would be better than Carlisle.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:38 am
This was totally expected. Somebody had to pay for the complete 180 the Pacers made this year... and, more often than not, its never the GM who pays for it (even if it is rightfully his fault).

Carlisle will be hired in the Pacers' front office. I have a feeling he'll just wanna make money for a season or so without really doing anything (besides playing golf at the team fundrasers) to earn it. When he does return to coaching, he'll likely go to a younger team (where he'll command more respect than the Pacers gave him).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Sports Board