Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:34 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
O.G. Broe wrote:Uhh how bout those Warriors :mrgreen:

I could care less if Kobe scores 60 as long as the Warriors get a W [-o<

hence why this is in the sports board :roll:

I think he was referring to migya stirring it up again outside of the private forum.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:00 pm
Him scoring 50 points against the Hornets is good for two reasons:

A) Obviously, the Hornets lost, and they are a threat to us.

B) If we can keep him to under 40 points at least and win the ball game, major confidence boost for us.[/i]
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:56 pm
Clearly, Kobe is one of the best scorers in the league. He does it from everywhere, with anyone on him, when he wants to put the effort in. But, I don't think its that surprising that the Lakers have done well, considering Jackson's Triangle Offense. The Triangle, of course, basically boils down to this:

1. have the best scorer in the league (Jordan, Shaq, Kobe)

2. find ANYONE that can be a dependable second scoring option (Pippin, Kobe, Oden)

3. find ANYONE that can brng the balll to half court and hand it to the top scorer, even if its the scorer himself

4. grab the tallest players available to fill out the roster and grab boards

5. have scorer 1 chuck the ball; rebound; reset; chuck again

6. repeat

It doesn't take QUALITY role players, just a couple guys that can rebound better than the opposition, pass decently, and make an occasional open three. Fair defense is a plus as well. Simple, but it works, especially when you have a guy that can score even double teamed, and can pass out to the open men. Still, even 50 from Kobe might not match 20+ from 4 Warriors, like last night againts the Wiz.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:13 pm
Phil Jackson is the reason why there is any success in the Lakers at all. He has got more out of Kwame and Cook than anyone and he has three or four players around Kobe playing well enough to make that team a playoff one. No other coach could get them to where they are, they are a pretty awful team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:56 pm
Uh... Brian Cook has never played for anyone else besides the Lakers. His only season without Phil was his rookie year (where he got career low minutes), so you can't really make that statement.

And I dunno what you mean by "getting more out of Kwame"...? 8 points and 6 rebounds has been his MO throughout his entire career. And, before you backtrack, keep in mind Kwame averaged 11 points and 7.5 rebounds a game in 2004 for the Wizards. Technically, Eddie Jordan got more out of Kwame than anyone ever has. :roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:05 pm
Don't recall Kwame ever doing anything good in the Wiz and Cook wouldn't do anything anywhere else. Phil Jackson's record with improving players in roles speaks for itself

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:07 pm
migya wrote:Don't recall Kwame ever doing anything good in the Wiz and Cook wouldn't do anything anywhere else. Phil Jackson's record with improving players in roles speaks for itself

I agree. It does. Just not with Brian Cook or Kwame Brown.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:48 am
well, we shut down kobe last night. Iced that motherf**ker. held him to a paltry and pathetic 43 points. We OWN him like we own the Mavs 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Previous

Return to Sports Board