Kobe is a f*cking savage

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:52 pm
A thread needs to be started at this point. Kobe just got his third 50 point game in a row to total 175 points across three games. That's f_cking monopoly money. It's insane. I don't like the guy, but at this point you can't say he isn't the best player in the league.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:02 pm
From January 5, 2006:

Player32 wrote:(3) Kobe Bryant – Los Angeles Lakers

His current record with the Lakers doesn’t show it, but Kobe Bryant is an absolute winner. He can score at will, create on the break, rebound better than most guards, defend at a top level, shoot from the outside, take opponents off the dribble, get bumped and still score, fly with the birds, run the floor easily with his young legs, and take down opposing teams with ice cold shooting in the clutch. He is the most complete ball-player in the game that’s proven he can win in situations when it counts. Name another player who’s jammed on Ben Wallace, crossed-up Michael Jordan’s All-NBA 1st team defense, was valued higher than Shaq on his team, swatted Scottie Pippen’s fade-away jumper, shut down John Stockton’s passing game in the playoffs, and is still the face of the league (despite being involved in a year long trial where he was accused of rape and, ultimately, proven to have cheated on his wife). He’s that damn good. Opposing teams can only hope he shoots himself in the foot, because there aren’t many things teams can do to stop him other than kryptonite or a chop block.

If there's one guy here who hates Kobe with a passion but respects the hell out of him, it's me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:22 pm
Kobe is coming up big lately but ultimately the Lakers wil get nowhere with him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:48 am
Let me revise that... the Lakers would go nowhere without Jackson. Without their man callin' the shots on the bench, Laker fans would be in a crawled up fedal position hoping that the Clips make the 8th spot so there would be playoffs in socal still.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:14 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Let me revise that... the Lakers would go nowhere without Jackson.

Yep. Kobe was also a monster under Tomjanovich, but that team didn't win as the current one. Jackson just knows how to use him properly.

I'm not saying anything against Kobe, tho. What he's doing is absolutely unbelievable for the kind of talent that team has. He alone is leading that team to the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:47 pm
TMC wrote:What he's doing is absolutely unbelievable for the kind of talent that team has.

I think this sentence is a little backwards.

Aside from Kobe and Lamar Odom (whose currently on the shelf), the Lake Show is a bunch of misfits. Kobe Bryant scoring a butt load of points to keep his team in the chase seems like LA's only option. If Kobe wasn't scoring, nobody else would be either (yes, I know Brian Cook, Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum, Smush Parker, and a few other streaky Lakers have had their moments, but nobody could consistently carry the team. Don't be a smart ass and act like they're viable options :wink: ).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:24 pm
Well he did it... 4 straight games of 50 or more. Hate him or love him, you still have to respect him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:37 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:What he's doing is absolutely unbelievable for the kind of talent that team has.

Aside from Kobe and Lamar Odom (whose currently on the shelf), the Lake Show is a bunch of misfits. Kobe Bryant scoring a butt load of points to keep his team in the chase seems like LA's only option. If Kobe wasn't scoring, nobody else would be either (yes, I know Brian Cook, Jordan Farmar, Andrew Bynum, Smush Parker, and a few other streaky Lakers have had their moments, but nobody could consistently carry the team. Don't be a smart ass and act like they're viable options :wink: ).

I think TMC meant that it is difficult to score all those points when he is surrounded by garbage and thus has all the opposition defense geared towards him.

Hope that "smart arse" comment was just a joke! You are already walking thin messing with one mod, don't start with another

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

I think TMC meant that it is difficult to score all those points when he is surrounded by garbage and thus has all the opposition defense geared towards him.

Hope that "smart arse" comment was just a joke! You are already walking thin messing with one mod, don't start with another

OOoooooooh, 'messing with a mod!!!!!!' :roll: Calm down, tool.

I'm sure TMC's not as dense as you are. For God's sake, I spoon fed it to you with a smiley face and you still didn't get it.

Which grade, exactly, were you in when you finally dropped out...? :scratch:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:26 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:

OOoooooooh, 'messing with a mod!!!!!!' :roll: Calm down, tool.

I'm sure TMC's not as dense as you are. For God's sake, I spoon fed it to you with a smiley face and you still didn't get it.

Which grade, exactly, were you in when you finally dropped out...? :scratch:

I'm not going to say it again, keep the garbage in the Private Forum. Be a little shiit there!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:29 pm
:shock: You started it, prick. Don't speak to me, I won't speak to you. :-#

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:45 am
Uhh how bout those Warriors :mrgreen:

I could care less if Kobe scores 60 as long as the Warriors get a W [-o<
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:36 am
Back to topic, please...

migya wrote:I think TMC meant that it is difficult to score all those points when he is surrounded by garbage and thus has all the opposition defense geared towards him.

Exactly, that's what I meant. Kobe is the first, second, third and fourth option on offense for the Lakers (with Odom being the fifth), and that makes what he's doing much more harder to achieve. Everybody knows that if they stop Kobe, they won't lose. It's just that nobody seems to be able to stop him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:45 am
Well, just because other teams know it doesn't mean they can do anything about it. Trotting out your best defender on Kobe usually isn't good enough; and teams fail to double-team him early enough to stop his momentum. Even though Kobe is known as the Laker's scorer, he's still playing in single-coverage (for the most part).
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:03 am
O.G. Broe wrote:Uhh how bout those Warriors :mrgreen:

I could care less if Kobe scores 60 as long as the Warriors get a W [-o<

hence why this is in the sports board :roll:
ImageImage
Next

Return to Sports Board