The San Francisco Giants Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:06 pm
JREED23 wrote:yeah you probably right about Cain, but Sanchez is not enough


you might be right about that
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3114
» Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 pm
love seeing Zito throw it into curse control and get us 8 shutout innings.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:34 am
JREED23 wrote:love seeing Zito throw it into curse control and get us 8 shutout innings.


yeah his curveball was nasty last night. So good, he was able to plant that fastball as well. What a great performance. A good first 2 wins to start the second half.

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:52 pm
May 30th.... the day Burrell signed as a member of the Giants AND the day Buster Posey was called up.

All Star
Posts: 1910
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:02 pm
Ah man... Posey goes opposite field over the right field wall at ATT&T. :D
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:28 pm
He has a lot more pop than what we were sold. The majority of his home runs are to right field.. and at AT&T? wow

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:32 pm
I was looking at the standings... a win puts us in second. A couple weeks ago, when the Giants had lost 9 of 11, i thought the team was done. I win today should bring us to having wins of 9 of our las 11... funny how baseball works.

FYI, the Giants have given up the fewest runs in baseball. No surprise, but in a year of just dominate pitching all around the league, glad to see we are leading it.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:39 pm
Wow, we got jobbed today. Should have been a sweep. The umpiring in the ninth was atrocious. First Manuel comes out, then Bochy, then Manuel again..all on different plays. Umpires were chasing their tails.. I think the out call at home was a makeup for the ball call that Rodriguez protested, and Huffs "foul ball" was a makeup for the out call at home. None of it equates to anything other than a Giants loss, which should have been a great comeback win.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:15 pm
We got somewhat robbed today but have noone to blame but ourselves... All Sanchez had to do was hit a pop fly and the game was over. He couldn't even get it out of the infield so we have no1 to blame but ourselves. I find it funny that K-Rod gets this win though.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:41 pm
Beast Mode wrote:We got somewhat robbed today but have noone to blame but ourselves... All Sanchez had to do was hit a pop fly and the game was over. He couldn't even get it out of the infield so we have no1 to blame but ourselves. I find it funny that K-Rod gets this win though.


doesn't matter though when a guy was clearly safe at home on the infield grounder.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3114
» Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:57 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:We got somewhat robbed today but have noone to blame but ourselves... All Sanchez had to do was hit a pop fly and the game was over. He couldn't even get it out of the infield so we have no1 to blame but ourselves. I find it funny that K-Rod gets this win though.


doesn't matter though when a guy was clearly safe at home on the infield grounder.
I agree with both posts, Sanchez is an offensive liability with runners in scoring position and we got robbed because we finally got that RBI *instant replay?*. Our inability to score runners on 2nd and 3rd is embarrassing - like it was tonight when we had the bases loaded with 0 outs :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: But the more I watch, the more I believe that we maybe the best team in the NL West barring a hot streak from the Rockies, and like I said in the beginning of the year, no team wants to face the top of our rotation in a best of 7. Even more so now that Bumgarner is going to be our eventual 4th starter.

All Star
Posts: 1218
» Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:13 am
The comeback game last night...I was about to turn the game off after Little Timmy went into whatever alternative universe he sometimes visits but then one interesting thing after another happened and it sure was worth watching to the end.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2562
» Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:46 am
most exciting game in a while . love that it was against the dodgers ... in LA.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3114
» Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:04 pm
carlgo wrote:The comeback game last night...I was about to turn the game off after Little Timmy went into whatever alternative universe he sometimes visits but then one interesting thing after another happened and it sure was worth watching to the end.

me too about the 4th or 5th I told my girl friend she could change it - good thing she turned it back!
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3114
» Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:18 am
Anyone else see Eugenio Velez get drilled by that foul ball tonight? It was pretty crazy how he got instantly dropped. Kind of scary but the CT scan came back OK.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest