The San Fransisco Giants Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:39 pm
Well said. Our offense isn't that good enough to make us a division title threat. With Bonds on a "slump," we had to count on guys to step up. Molina and Winn have been doing a nice job lately, but they'll really become the type of hitter we need to pair with Bonds. If we can get someone like we had with the Bonds/Kent combo, we can be some serious NL West title contenders. Lowry's thrown some serious stuff this season which makes teams attractive to him. Lincecum and Cain are just as attractive, but teams should know that they're untouchable unless you package some serious names in a trade.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:23 am
Exactly. The Giants' only attractive bargaining chips are their young arms... and some of us would prefer to trade Lowry over Cain, Sanchez, or Lincecum. Call us 'ignorant Giants fans', I guess. :roll:

I wish the lineup was good enough to stand pat, but its not. Changes definately must be made. The Giants wont contend until they get at least one more A-list hitter to pair with Bonds (or Bonds' future replacement). Noah Lowry is our easiest path to that. And the best part is: he's totally replaceable.

Barry Zito, Matt Cain, Matt Morris, Russ Ortiz, and Tim Lincecum make a fine rotation. We can stand to lose Lowry for the sake of another hitter.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:40 am
im sorry guys but a title run with barry this year is a pipedream and it has been the last 3 years. this team has too many holes to fill in the bullpen and in the hitting to just magically fix by making a few trades.

thats why i oppose any trading of the young arms for some quick fix! its not worth it just to be able to "contend until the last few weeks of the season". no one is going to give us a premier hitter aka a miguel cabrera unless we give them half our young staff!

so, what i say unto you, as hard as it may seem, grind it out with barry and the gang for this year, cross your fingers that a few breaks will go our way and our bullpen wont implode on a nightly basis and that we'll get a few key hits, and be contenders, enjoy the all star game. then this offseason get ready for a real overhall.

no more feliz, no more vizquel, no more benitez, no more bonds, hopefully when the draft comes up here in early june will will draft the best players available, we have like 4 or 5 picks in the first 40 i believe.... anyway i believe with our first pick if we can get major league ready talent or damn close to it like tim lincecum has been. crazy to think last year at this time he was pitching in college! i realize i cant expect every draft pick to do that because he's just a freak! or "the franchise' really.

this upcoming draft is HUGE for sabean and the giants, and can really make or break our team for the next 5 years. we have to draft well with position players! and i think they'll do a better job, they sound more focused and aware that they need to put more stock in that, as our pitching is pretty set for the time being.

get ready to come to the bigs sep-08 angel villalona!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:20 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:im sorry guys but a title run with barry this year is a pipedream and it has been the last 3 years. this team has too many holes to fill in the bullpen and in the hitting to just magically fix by making a few trades.

thats why i oppose any trading of the young arms for some quick fix! its not worth it just to be able to "contend until the last few weeks of the season". no one is going to give us a premier hitter aka a miguel cabrera unless we give them half our young staff!

so, what i say unto you, as hard as it may seem, grind it out with barry and the gang for this year, cross your fingers that a few breaks will go our way and our bullpen wont implode on a nightly basis and that we'll get a few key hits, and be contenders, enjoy the all star game. then this offseason get ready for a real overhall.

no more feliz, no more vizquel, no more benitez, no more bonds, hopefully when the draft comes up here in early june will will draft the best players available, we have like 4 or 5 picks in the first 40 i believe.... anyway i believe with our first pick if we can get major league ready talent or damn close to it like tim lincecum has been. crazy to think last year at this time he was pitching in college! i realize i cant expect every draft pick to do that because he's just a freak! or "the franchise' really.

this upcoming draft is HUGE for sabean and the giants, and can really make or break our team for the next 5 years. we have to draft well with position players! and i think they'll do a better job, they sound more focused and aware that they need to put more stock in that, as our pitching is pretty set for the time being.

get ready to come to the bigs sep-08 angel villalona!

This kid Angel.. has anyone seen him pitch or have any stats? kid is 16 years old right?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:29 pm
yeah angel might be 17 now. i look for him to be in the bigs by the time he's 19, maybe sooner! but i hear the giants are going to baby him, and not rush him.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:39 am
Angel Villalona's a pitcher...?

I was under the impression that he was a powerful 3rd baseman...?

:dontknow:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:03 am
I meant, has anyone seen him hit a pitch... no he is not a pitcher, supposedly he is a powerful third baseman but has anyone even seen this kid?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:14 pm
~W~ wrote:I meant, has anyone seen him hit a pitch... no he is not a pitcher, supposedly he is a powerful third baseman but has anyone even seen this kid?

Nope. Not even a picture.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:34 pm
Where'd this Angel fella go to high school at? And where's he going to attend college?

All Star
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:32 pm
he's from the dominican republic or somethin, im not sure what his schooling is and what not, all i know is we signed him the day he turned 16 and one of the boras dudes got all mad cuz he didnt get a piece of the pie, and didnt get to represent him. they say that he's the type of dude that will see 10 piches and he'll hit 5 or 6 outta the park in bp. he's got big time hitter potential. thats from what i've heard in a dick tidrow interview on knbr one time. he's 16 and he's like 6'3 230 or something, so they are keeping a close eye on his weight.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:04 pm
I think its time to say ADIOS to Benetiz....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:23 pm
I think Benitez should've left when we had the chance.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:53 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I think Benitez should've left when we had the chance.

iTS NEVER TOO LATE... Its 7 million Dollars though... who wants that contract@?@?@
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:07 pm
~W~ wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:I think Benitez should've left when we had the chance.

iTS NEVER TOO LATE... Its 7 million Dollars though... who wants that contract@?@?@

Somebody looking for an expirer.

Trade him while he's only blown 2 saves. Let Vinne Chulk or Steve Kline or Brian Wilson close. **** Benitez.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:32 pm
Wow, Benitez. Clutch clutch clutch. Glad the A's don't have someone like him. :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board