The San Francisco Giants Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 pm
Interesting note... of the top six strikeout pitchers in the NL this year, the Giants have three:

1. Tim Lincecum - 143
2. Cole Hamels - 133
3. Chad Billingsley - 133
4. Edinson Volquez - 129
5. Matt Cain - 126
6. Jonathan Sanchez - 123

They're all 25 and younger, as well.

Role Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:18 pm
the gigantes jus cant win at home. wtf... they better win when the dodgers come to town tho! im watchin next friday w/ xbay n friends.

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:55 pm
If I was Lincecum, I would tell management that Tyler Walker cannot be in the dugout when I am pitching. He will just lose it for me.

Franchise Player
» Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:58 pm
I don't even understand why he's still the set-up man, yet alone, on the team. He sucks. I'm still waiting on Merkin Valdez to return because I heard he'd be our new set-up man.

All Star
» Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:01 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:If I was Lincecum, I would tell management that Tyler Walker cannot be in the dugout when I am pitching. He will just lose it for me.

The easy solution to that is to dump his ass...again!

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:06 pm
I don't have the link because it's an insider on ESPN, but there's a rumor that the Twins are interested in Aurilia.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:16 pm
xbay wrote:I don't have the link because it's an insider on ESPN, but there's a rumor that the Twins are interested in Aurilia.

The trading deadline was three hours ago. :mrgreen:

Role Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbay wrote:I don't have the link because it's an insider on ESPN, but there's a rumor that the Twins are interested in Aurilia.

Teams can work around that via waivers.

Franchise Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 pm
Linc Mob wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I know, but that normally doesnt happen. Most trades, especially ones of any size, happen before the deadline.

I just can't imagine anybody wanting Richie. He is terrible... and old... and terrible.

Role Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Linc Mob wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

I know, but that normally doesnt happen. Most trades, especially ones of any size, happen before the deadline.

I just can't imagine anybody wanting Richie. He is terrible... and old... and terrible.

Richie is actually batting 280 and is having a pretty good year.

Role Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
Linc Mob wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Agreed. Trade would be small however. Probably along the lines of player to be named later. Maybe we could have a reversal of fortune after some of our past dealings with the Twins (Nathan/Liriano :banghead: ).

Role Player
» Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:07 pm
The Giants messed up. I'm not watching a game until a trade happens, or Sabean is fired.... or Lincecum is pitching... :mrgreen: ...... but still. Screw this. Screw a failure of managemant and an inability to strive beyond a crawl away from mediocrity.

All Star
» Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:04 am
Nice win for Zito yesterday. Only the Padres offense, which is horrible, but still a nice win.

All Star
» Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:23 pm
My oh my, has anyone been keep tracking of the Giants' stats lately? Rowand is leading the team in batting with a .282 BA. It must really suck to pitch for this team.

Role Player
» Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:26 am
I went to Saturday's game and left after Walker gave up the HR to Kent in the tenth. On the way to the car, I heard one load cheer followed minutes later by an eruption. If I could have kicked myself in the ass at that moment, I would have. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: