Final Four picks?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:28 am
The tourney is underway and I was just curious who you guys have in your final four.

I got Kansas, Wisconsin, Georgetown, and Ohio State with Kansas beating Georgetown in the finals.

I think some upsets will be from Oral Roberts, Davidson, GT, and Nevada.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:34 am
Midwest: Florida
West: UCLA
East: Georgetown
South: Texas A&M

Georgetown over Florida in the finals.

I don't think there will be many upsets. If anything, Marquette may be a darkhorse if they go past Michigan St... Ohio St., Kansas or Texas will have a chance to sneak into the final four, but I don't consider any of those as upsets.

Now, I must admit that I haven't seen more than a handful of games this season. I'm mostly guessing when it comes to most of these teams.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:38 pm
Shows what I know about my upsets as Davidson and Oral Roberts went down.

Nice to see a Georgetown believer though. I think the easy pick this year is Florida to repeat which means that it won't happen. Texas is dangerous because of Durant, but they have been in a ton of close games and have only come out on top in half of them. I just think people are falling in love with his talent and not looking at the results in their pools.

Some of the stranger picks I've seen so far have BYU and Maryland winning it all. Even Kornheiser has Lousiville in his final four. But who knows?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:54 am
Thunder wrote:Some of the stranger picks I've seen so far have BYU and Maryland winning it all. Even Kornheiser has Lousiville in his final four. But who knows?

BYU is out in the first game. And so are my "darkhorse" Marquette and Duke... That proves how unpredictable this tournament is (even tho Marquette had a tough game against Michigan St.)
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:10 pm
I can't think of a tournament that has had less upsets than this one. At least the games today are more entertaining.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:17 pm
Wow how about that. Yesterday, Duke upset. Another Cinderella team in the making. Marquette is out, I too thought they could be a sleeper. I do not want to see Noah dancing and yelling again. Someone please beat the Gators. Hoping it's Georgetown, Ohio State, or UCLA. Texas is my sleeper pick of the tourney. Hey, if 'Melo could do it as a freshman, I don't see why Durant can't either.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:24 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Hey, if 'Melo could do it as a freshman, I don't see why Durant can't either.

Could happen, but everybody will be expecting that from him. That's both a good and a bad thing. In any case, he's going to be the big start of the tournament... until they lose. Personally, I think it will happen against G'Town.

Florida has an easy route to the Final Four. I honestly doubt they'll lose before. Wisconsin and Maryland doesn't look to have enough to win... but hey, anything can happen in just one game.

The West is more interesting, or will be once UCLA and Kansas meet. That's going to be a great game. Also, if anything goes the way I expect, there will be a great game between Texas A&M and Ohio St. in the South finals.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:30 pm
Florida will lose to the winner of Oregon/Wisconsin. I say this mostly out of disdain for Noah, not on any inclination or premonition.

A lot of people have Texas knocking out UNC and Georgetown to get to the Final Four. I don't know though; Durant is a monster, but his team has lost a lot of really close games. As huge has an impact he can have on a game he is only 50-50 in closing out wins. The more I see him the more I think he will be a faster version of Dirk.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:35 pm
Thunder wrote:Florida will lose to the winner of Oregon/Wisconsin. I say this mostly out of disdain for Noah, not on any inclination or premonition.

Yeah, but disdain won't be enough to make them lose. I don't think any of those teams has enough to win against Florida. I'm also rooting against them, tho. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:17 am
Ohio St., Texas A&M, G'Town, UCLA & UNC are already in the next round. Not many upsets so far. That's both a good and a bad thing... bad because it makes for a boring tournament so far, and good because we'll have some great games in the final rounds.

btw, every year there are several 7 footers that are terrible players and still become lottery picks due to their height and "potential" (see Sene last year). So... am I crazy or does Roy Hibbert look like a better prospect than Joakim Noah?

btw (part deux), Acie Law is going to be a really great player for anyone that picks him...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:09 pm
Yeah. Acie Law is vicious.

I thought Lofton would be a nice late second round pick but he wasn't really present in that Tennessee - Virginia game . . . until all the free throws at the end.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:34 pm
Darn, Purdue lost. They had the advantage early on, but lost it as the game went on. Horford did his thing.

Wisconsin lost to UNLV. Wow, how about that. Didn't see this coming. But looking at the scoreboard early on, I felt like that was going to be a possible upset.

And unfortunately, Durant will not follow in 'Melo's footsteps as a freshman winning a title because USC outplayed them. KD just didn't have enough help while the Trojans had a balanced attack.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:00 am
xbaywarrior wrote:And unfortunately, Durant will not follow in 'Melo's footsteps as a freshman winning a title because USC outplayed them. KD just didn't have enough help while the Trojans had a balanced attack.

That's the real upset of the day. I never thought USC would be the ones to end Durant's run... Not so surprised about Wisconsin losing, tho.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:05 am
I wasn't surprised too much about Wisconsin losing. I had them in the Final Four but mostly because I thought if they could survive the first weekend they would get Butch back and be as great as they were in February. He mattered that much to the team.

Conversely, I wasn't too surprised about the Texas loss. I had them getting to the sweet 16 but then losing to UNC. Texas was just way too inconsistent this season to make a run at the Final Four.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:33 pm
Dudes im hyped, Kansas is practicing in my high schools gym tomorrow! Hell ya! Just thought i would let you guys know.

Return to Sports Board