giants vs a's

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:23 pm
giants vs a's tomorrow (tuesday) on fsn, i dont know about you but im itching to watch some baseball!!!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:44 pm
Let's go Oakland!!

(Yeah, I'm an A's fan, but I like the Giants too; just not as much as the A's)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:29 am
I'm hoping to see more of the Giants kickass rotation. Anybody know whose getting the start today...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Is there a GM in baseball to do less with so much as Sabean? I can't believe he wasn't canned the moment Liriano made his first start for the Twins.

Obviously I'm an A's fan but I'd like to see Zito do well all year. Unlike most ball clubs, my gripe with the Giants isn't with their fans - they are pretty cool dudes for the most part. I do, however, have a HUGE issue with Peter McGowan.

A's 28, Giants 0.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:44 am
I'm not a McGowan fan either... but its for more personal reasons.

When you have a guy that gives you 15 great seasons, bringing in fans, keeping your team in the hunt, and consistently putting up MVP seasons, the way Barry Bonds did, you don't throw him to the wolves when the media circus crucifies him.

If anybody should have been on Bonds' side, its Peter McGowan. Barry Bonds has served the Giants EXTREMELY well for the past couple of decades. The fact that McGowan has been toying with the idea of not resigning a guy like that seems like penny-pinching BS to me. Bonds will retire after this season (or possibly next). Its not like he's locking up the Giants finances indefinately. Paying the guy to finish his career in San Fransisco is important. Loyalty is a lost art in today's game... but Bonds is one of the few who still carries it.

It would be an injustice to the Giants organization (and fans, who still love him) if Barry Bonds ever lands on another team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:49 pm
Lowry is going up against Haren, I believe. The Giants rotation is looking alright, but not as good as I was hoping for. It's still spring training I suppose. Morris needs to just be cut iif he starts the season 0-3 or 1-4. He gave up 7 runs in the first inning yesterday against the Cubs. That's Morris at his finest! I was really hoping for a big turnaround from him this year, but that doesn't look like it'll happen.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Return to Sports Board