To All The Iverson Supporters...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can we finally all agree that Allen Iverson is a blackhole?

Yes, but not because of Iguodala.
10%
Yes, Iggy's stardom proves it.
40%
No, Iguodala was going to blow up anyway.
20%
No, Iguodala's numbers having nothing to do with Iverson.
30%

Total votes : 10

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:25 pm
I'd think AI got the message about being "The Cancer."
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:13 pm
Well, the Nuggets have won 8 games in a row, Iverson is taking only 19 shots per game, shooting 45+% from the field for the first time in his career, and now have an above .500 record with him at 28-27. So much for the "cancer" talk, they clearly just needed time to adjust chemistrywise to such a big aquisition.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:23 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Well, the Nuggets have won 8 games in a row, Iverson is taking only 19 shots per game, shooting 45+% from the field for the first time in his career, and now have an above .500 record with him at 28-27. So much for the "cancer" talk, they clearly just needed time to adjust chemistrywise to such a big aquisition.

Some players some people like and others they don't :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:58 am
That's funny. I was just about to mention that Pest would probably come from out of the cuts as soon as the Nuggets started playing well. Wonder why i thought that. :wink:

The Nuggets recent surge is nothing more than 110% effort in light of their playoff spot being threatened. If Denver wasn't in the race, they'd still be falling (be it if they were the 4th seed or in the 10th spot).

Before everybody starts falling all over Iverson, let me make one thing perfectly clear: Carmelo has pulled the Nuggets out of the ditch, not AI. 'Melo is averaging 29.5 PPG in the month of April (his highest PPG average since aquiring Iverson). On top of that, he's averaging a season-best 7.0 RPG and 85% on his free throws (shooting 12 a night, which is more than he ever has in his career). He's also doing it all while shooting a season-low 19.6 attempts per game (you know AI's on your roster when the league's 2nd leading scorer, who happens to be on your team, dips under 20 shot attempts per night).

The only thing I give Iverson credit on is that he's cut his turnovers to a season low (which is still an insanely high 3.5 a night). And before everyone creams on his assist average, just know that its sporadic as hell. I'd gladly take 7 assists every night, but unfortunately for Denver AI's past 4 games have been: 5, 4, 5, 12. Sporadic; like Antoine Walker. He's also grabbing his season-low in steals, while shooting the worst from the free-throw-line he's ever shot (60% in April), and cashing in on only 27% of his 3-pointers.

Talent. Pure talent. =D> :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:54 pm
Iverson has stepped to the side a bit and let Carmelo do more. He is taking less shots, shoting a much higher FG% and stepping up when his team needs him

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:47 am
Carmelo is only playing better because Karl was willing to bench him, btw... If there's someone that fits the blackhole definition on that team, that's Melo.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:52 am
TMC wrote:Carmelo is only playing better because Karl was willing to bench him, btw... If there's someone that fits the blackhole definition on that team, that's Melo.

Carmelo has been much more allround the last month. He is getting alot of rebounds as well as steals that I have noticed just off the top of my head

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:25 am
TMC wrote:Carmelo is only playing better because Karl was willing to bench him, btw... If there's someone that fits the blackhole definition on that team, that's Melo.

I'm not arguing that. But it doesn't bother me because Carmelo's not the point guard.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:34 am
32 wrote:I'm not arguing that. But it doesn't bother me because Carmelo's not the point guard.

Neither is AI. Blake's their PG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:05 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I'm not arguing that. But it doesn't bother me because Carmelo's not the point guard.

He is now.

JR Smith is still in Jason-Richardson-recovery-mode, after having athroscopic surgery. Smith has averaged 6.0 points in the past 6 games (which is crazy, since he averaged around 16 all year). They're limiting his minutes, but they can't completely let him rest (seeing as they're in a playoff hunt and need every player they can get). But, make no mistake, once they get JR Smith back at 100%, Blake will hit the bench... and Iverson will resume his role as the point guard who brings the ball up only because it gives him a closer shot.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:18 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

He is now.

JR Smith is still in Jason-Richardson-recovery-mode, after having athroscopic surgery. Smith has averaged 6.0 points in the past 6 games (which is crazy, since he averaged around 16 all year). They're limiting his minutes, but they can't completely let him rest (seeing as they're in a playoff hunt and need every player they can get). But, make no mistake, once they get JR Smith back at 100%, Blake will hit the bench... and Iverson will resume his role as the point guard who brings the ball up only because it gives him a closer shot.

I don't know. That can happen, but I think Karl is smart enough to keep doing the things that work. If the team plays well with AI at the 2 and Blake at PG, I don't think he'll change anything. Not this season, at least.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:22 pm
I don't think so either... purely because there are so few games left.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:52 am
Things are working in Denver and both Iverson and Carmelo are stepping up so neither of them are making the team worse

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:35 am
32 wrote:I don't think so either... purely because there are so few games left.

Yeah, I was also counting the playoff games...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:57 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I don't think so either... purely because there are so few games left.

Yeah, I was also counting the playoff games...

I agree.

Smith won't be fully healed until next season, at least. Athroscopic surgery is no walk in the park. You can ask Jason Richardson about that. Did you see JRich totally abort his attempted windmill jam against the Timberwolves? I saw it on NBATV and it almost made me cry. :oops: Our Slam Dunk Champion doesn't have his hops anymore. Don't get me wrong; Richardson can still get up there. But I dunno how many 360's or windmills we're gonna see out of him again (and those both used to be his trademark breakaway dunks).
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board