Niners should trade for Dre Bly

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:16 pm
Niners obviously need work on D. Why draft another Mike Rumph, when they could give up a one or 2 mid-round picks for a proven CB? I mean they do have 8 or 9 picks in the first 4 rounds.

quick stats on him.

29 years old
2 pro bowls
8 years experience

also possibillites of returning kicks/punts....

well what u guys think?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:34 pm
Do it. He's not great but he's a decent corner. We might be able to get him cheaper than his actual value because he is demanding out of Detroit. Either way I think he'd be a good fit.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:25 pm
What's the asking price?. He's been allowed to look for a trade... but he's not worth a first or second rounder. Not at this point, at least.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:40 pm
They shouldn't be going after a defensive back in the first round anyway. Not in my books. The defensive backs that may be entering FA could come at a respectable price. The Niners need vets in the secondary. I wouldn't mind Dre Bly, but I'd rather go with Asante Samuel if he declares for FA. The only way the Pats can keep him is via franchise tag and I doubt that because they have two first round picks.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:33 am
Samuel is going to be a hefty price tag. How much cap room are the niners going to have this offseason?

If an elite receiver drops in the first round (Calvin or Dwayne) to the niners I'd like to see them swipe them up. Bryant is not the answer. If not, however, I'd prefer them to bolster the defense or the O line with their first pick.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:13 pm
Well with Newberry not returning, that helps. BY, Ulbrich, and Eric Johnson headline the Niners potential resignees. They should have some real good cap room depending on who returns.

Samuel would hurt the cap because he'd probably be asking for a hefty bargain since he's won already like 2 Superbowls so he's in it for the money.

Calvin could drop, depending on the combine. But I strongly doubt that. Dwayne Bowe could easily be taken in picks 20-25.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:10 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Calvin could drop, depending on the combine.

Nope. He won't fall. No way. He won't get past 4... and I'm pretty sure his combine will make him even more of a "can't miss" project.

btw, Samuels and Clements are going to ask for a lot of money... but Clements is better. If you're going to break the bank for a CB, he's the way to go.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:05 pm
I don't mind Clements, it's just he most likely will be asking for a hefty price over Samuels. Hopefully we bring in one of those guys because I absolutely hate Sammy Davis.

Return to Sports Board