Favorite MMA fighter?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:00 pm
migya wrote:Revenge of Liddell it will be

I have tickets, so look for a Jason Richardson jersey!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:38 am
I forgot i started this thread awhile back. Im assuming more guys are into MMA now and will be soon.

Im taking Rampage by decision. I think he has the stamina to outlast Chuck and Chuck looked plenty tired in round 3 vs. Ortiz.

Rampage is one of the best sports personalites ever. Funnier than hell, smart and just knows whats up. "Ol Drunk Ass Chuck" was great, especially if you knew what he was refering too.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:35 am
Liddell dominated Ortiz the recent time they met (second time)! He looked like he could have taken on another fresh fighter straight away and punch the crap out of him too

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:14 pm
migya wrote:Liddell dominated Ortiz the recent time they met (second time)! He looked like he could have taken on another fresh fighter straight away and punch the crap out of him too

were we watching the same fight? Liddell was seriously gassed at the end of round 3. Lets just hope he trains harder for Rampage.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:50 pm
We'll see. He's avenged two of his three losses with Rampage coming up this Saturday. I think he can pull it off. Liddell says, "Im'a knock him out in the 1st round." Of course, since when was the last time Liddell actually said something correctly in an interview? Rampage's response, "You can't always get what you want." We'll see Saturday. I don't mind Rampage winning, but I'ma Liddell fan and he's my favorite so obviously I'm behind the man.

Also, I completely forgot that there were some pretty interesting matches coming before the Liddell/Rampage fight. What's the deal with those? Any nice names out there?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:58 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
Also, I completely forgot that there were some pretty interesting matches coming before the Liddell/Rampage fight. What's the deal with those? Any nice names out there?

Karo is fighting Josh Burkman so that should be a good fight, Karo was suppossed to get a title shot at Hughes back when but got injured.

Keith Jardine is fighting too, I think he is pretty scary, if he wins on saturday I want to see him fight Tito or Shogun.

Leben is also fighting alot of guys know him from TUF tv show on Spike, but all in all this undercard is pretty weak. The Strikeforce undercard here in San Jose on June 22nd is 10X better. Tickets are pretty cheap to. I got mine for downstairs at $50.

Chuck hasnt fought anyone top notch in awhile, while rampage after beating Chuck has been fighting Top 5 guys at the 205 weight class. I juts want to see a good fight and like both guys really. I just think Rampage will win and Chuck will get an immediate rematch, which he should.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:20 pm
xbay, Liddell and Rampage have only fought once, not three times, it seems like that's what you meant in your last post.

Money, against Ortiz, Liddell was a little tired but that's it, he dominated Ortiz by continually punching him and Ortiz was nowhere near hurting Liddell

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:29 pm
migya wrote:xbay, Liddell and Rampage have only fought once, not three times, it seems like that's what you meant in your last post.

Money, against Ortiz, Liddell was a little tired but that's it, he dominated Ortiz by continually punching him and Ortiz was nowhere near hurting Liddell

Oh no, I know he's lost to Corture and Ortiz also. I was meant that he's avenged his losses to those two and his third loss could be avenged also against Rampage.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:18 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
migya wrote:xbay, Liddell and Rampage have only fought once, not three times, it seems like that's what you meant in your last post.

Oh no, I know he's lost to Corture and Ortiz also. I was meant that he's avenged his losses to those two and his third loss could be avenged also against Rampage.

Oh alright. Likely he will avenge his loss

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:42 pm
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

Liddell has lost to Couture, Horn and Rampage....hes never lost to Ortiz. Sherdog.com fight finder is an easy place to get more educated.

So if Liddell wasa little tired in round 3 what do you think would have happened in round 4 and 5 if Tito didnt chase him and get KO'ed like the rest? Dont get me wrong I wanted Liddell to beat Tito, but my unbiased opinion is that hes gonna get winded and Rampage gonna take advantage unless Chuck lands a BIG BIG one early, cause Rampage can take a punch better than Sobral and Tito combined.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:22 am
Money wrote:
migya wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

Liddell has lost to Couture, Horn and Rampage....hes never lost to Ortiz. Sherdog.com fight finder is an easy place to get more educated.

So if Liddell wasa little tired in round 3 what do you think would have happened in round 4 and 5 if Tito didnt chase him and get KO'ed like the rest? Dont get me wrong I wanted Liddell to beat Tito, but my unbiased opinion is that hes gonna get winded and Rampage gonna take advantage unless Chuck lands a BIG BIG one early, cause Rampage can take a punch better than Sobral and Tito combined.

I should have mentioned he hasn't lost to Ortiz. Sherdog Fightfinder is what I use also.

Liddell was a little tired the second time against Ortiz but he dominated him. You make it sound like Ortiz was fighting well but he wasn't, he got punched all over the place and ran away from Liddell a few times

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:16 pm
Pretty sad with the ending, but that's what you get if you miss against Rampage. All the long title holders have lost their belts, guess it's time for a new era of champions.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:41 am
A shocker! Liddell stuffed up not seeing the right hand from Rampage and he lost again to him. Jackson is highly regarded now after being the only man to beat Liddell twice

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:03 am
migya wrote:A shocker! Liddell stuffed up not seeing the right hand from Rampage and he lost again to him. Jackson is highly regarded now after being the only man to beat Liddell twice

Thats funny, most knowledgable MMA fans were picking Rampage. Rampage already had beaten Liddell once and not too long ago, plus Rampage was facing 10X better opponents the last few years than Liddell was facing.

But its great because just like when Anderson Silva did an extreme makeover on Rich Franklin, UFC fans are starting to realize MMA is bigger than just one org. Although with Pride being shut down for good, UFC will be the only Big Show in town.

As long as we see more cards like July's and August's and no more like June's ill be one happy camper.

I have Rashard upsetting Tito for the record.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:27 pm
Money wrote:
migya wrote:A shocker! Liddell stuffed up not seeing the right hand from Rampage and he lost again to him. Jackson is highly regarded now after being the only man to beat Liddell twice

Thats funny, most knowledgable MMA fans were picking Rampage. Rampage already had beaten Liddell once and not too long ago, plus Rampage was facing 10X better opponents the last few years than Liddell was facing.

But its great because just like when Anderson Silva did an extreme makeover on Rich Franklin, UFC fans are starting to realize MMA is bigger than just one org. Although with Pride being shut down for good, UFC will be the only Big Show in town.

As long as we see more cards like July's and August's and no more like June's ill be one happy camper.

I have Rashard upsetting Tito for the record.

I picked Liddell because firstly, he has avenged two of his three defeats and beat Courture handedly in the two fights after their first one, which Courture won. Also, I see Rampage as more of a striker than anything else and though that is what Liddell does more of then anything else as wel, I just thought he'd get him this time

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board