Favorite MMA fighter?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:24 pm
I knew you were into boxers/punchers, Mig! :wink:

Pick Gina Carano, too. She's purely a puncher and don't like the ground.
Undeafeated, too!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:19 am
CjR wrote:I knew you were into boxers/punchers, Mig! :wink:

Pick Gina Carano, too. She's purely a puncher and don't like the ground.
Undeafeated, too!

Think they're boylovers actually :mrgreen:

Note that the best MMA fighters are/were more known for their grappling than anything else eg. Matt Hughes and Randy Couture

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:26 pm
Anyone catch the finale of Ultimate Fighter? Have to say, Penn's beasty. I knew Diaz could win it all near the ending of this season. Pretty nasty moment when I saw Gamburyan's shoulder pop out like that. Yikes.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:50 pm
I'm downloading the latest UFCs and have received UFC 70 yesterday. Arlovski looks so much like Leonidas off 300 :mrgreen:

That giant with the surname Kongo is a mountain of muscle! 6'4' and 230 plus pounds of lean muscle. He beat Asseurio Silva by split decision by mostly nice looking punches and knees. He looks like he needs to increase his conditioning and jiu jitsu a fair bit but he has real potential.

I'm real interested to see what Matt Hughes is going to do next as GSP lost the welterweight to Matt Serra a couple of months ago. Reckon Hughes is itching to take on Serra as he has a better chance of beating him than GSP

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:43 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Anyone catch the finale of Ultimate Fighter? Have to say, Penn's beasty. I knew Diaz could win it all near the ending of this season. Pretty nasty moment when I saw Gamburyan's shoulder pop out like that. Yikes.

YEA I loved it.... BJ Penn has always been uber-talented. He upset Matt Hughes for the title back before the UFC got popular again. He just has a problem with training/cardio. Skill wise he can beat anyone in the UFC from 155 to 170.

I really want him to move back up and fight at 170, alot of better matchups there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:43 pm
Money wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Anyone catch the finale of Ultimate Fighter? Have to say, Penn's beasty. I knew Diaz could win it all near the ending of this season. Pretty nasty moment when I saw Gamburyan's shoulder pop out like that. Yikes.

YEA I loved it.... BJ Penn has always been uber-talented. He upset Matt Hughes for the title back before the UFC got popular again. He just has a problem with training/cardio. Skill wise he can beat anyone in the UFC from 155 to 170.

I really want him to move back up and fight at 170, alot of better matchups there.

BJ Penn is known as the Prodigy for a reason - He is a freak, not overly strong or athletic but crafty and the best jiu jitsu in the UFC I've ever seen

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:38 pm
Favorite is Sakuraba

Cung Le is my fav up and comer

Favorite now is Rampage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:19 am
lakerfool wrote:Favorite now is Rampage

Yea rampage is my favorite fighter now too. I liked him in pride but didnt get a chance to see him much. But if u dont know him just youtube a few of his interviews.

Cant wait for Saturday, im hopin Hermes wins as well as Rashard.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:17 am
Money wrote:
lakerfool wrote:Favorite now is Rampage

Yea rampage is my favorite fighter now too. I liked him in pride but didnt get a chance to see him much. But if u dont know him just youtube a few of his interviews.

Cant wait for Saturday, im hopin Hermes wins as well as Rashard.

I got to meet him at an autograph signing. The guy is very funny and down to earth. he gave my mom a TAPOUT shirt. Actually gave all the mom's there.

Cung Le was at the signing but had that high nose attitude. I used to be a fan of his until then :agrue:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:21 am
Who's ordering UFC 74? Can't wait for that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:05 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Who's ordering UFC 74? Can't wait for that.

Get it off bearshare or torrents
:wink:

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:46 pm
UFC 73 wasn't stacked. I don't give a crap about 155's. And I don't care about 185's. Those are UFC's weakest divisions IMO
Previous

Return to Sports Board