All Star Game

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:53 am
I haven't seen anything of the all star. And I'm quite happy about it...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:01 pm
Well let me see, from what I've read in the newspaper this morning on the weekend competitions...

Haier Shooting Stars - Horrible. Malfunctions? DQ? What the f*ck is up with that?

Playstation Skills Challenge - Crap.

Barkley vs Bavetta - Hilarious. The overweight Barkley BARELY edged the 67 year old NBA ref in a 3 1/2 Up and Back race by backpedalling in the end and falling on his ass while Bavetta slides for the finish line.

Foot Locker 3-Point Shootout - Crap.

Sprite Rising Stars Dunk Contest - Decent. I expected Green to win. Nate puts on a show, but a long one. Thomas is horrible. And I did love the sticker dunk with Howard. Jordan was a "Russian Judge" indeed.

Got it all on my DVR just to watch the dunk contest and the race.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:52 pm
Everyone claims on Jordan being the Russian judge but I thought he at least had a strategy. Everyone loves to drop 10s on people from the get go and he was making people earn it. I would have liked to see more consistency from his marks, but at least he wasn't giving it away like past judges.

I think the 3 point challenge is at least allright. I mean, at least it is a real skill. The "skills" challenge is pointless though. Nobody involved cares at all during the thing. It is liked they were forced into it at gun point. It's not really their fault though, because nobody outside of idiotic Playstation execs gives a crap about the event.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:07 am
The allstar game was the best one in a while (and by that I mean "the only good one in a while). It was a bad brand of basketball, but it had what you want in an allstar game - flashy moves and plenty of 'em. Dwight Howard was a fiend.
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:18 am
oh man it woulda been so much more fuckin funny if shaq made that pull up jump shot
Previous

Return to Sports Board