Aftermath of Trade: Troy Murphy

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:19 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:In the end run, Murph is giving them 9.6 and 7.1 while Harrington is giving us 15.9 and 6.3, while shooting better percentages across the board.


You mean he gave them 15.9 and 6.3. He's giving us 18.4 and 6.8.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:48 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:And his rebounding is the same deal:
11,8,12,12,10,10,4,4,8,6,1,4,10,5,11,6,5

Completely random and not even that good.

All throughout the year for us, Murphy underperformed due to his broken nose. After he was traded to Indiana (fully-healed), he averaged 10.5 RPG in 7 contests for them... before re-breaking his nose.

Since that time, his rebounding numbers have been consistent with WHEN HE LAST BROKE HIS NOSE.

Nobody listened to me last time when I said it was his nose. This time, I would hope it's painfully obvious...
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:59 pm
Good point about the broken nose but the guy is no monster rebounder and doesn't do much else above average either, except maybe jump shooting at times. Harrington is a slight upgrade
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:15 pm
Nah, dude, Harrington is a solid upgrade, being better in most areas except rebounding.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:46 am
32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:And his rebounding is the same deal:
11,8,12,12,10,10,4,4,8,6,1,4,10,5,11,6,5

Completely random and not even that good.

All throughout the year for us, Murphy underperformed due to his broken nose. After he was traded to Indiana (fully-healed), he averaged 10.5 RPG in 7 contests for them... before re-breaking his nose.

Since that time, his rebounding numbers have been consistent with WHEN HE LAST BROKE HIS NOSE.

Nobody listened to me last time when I said it was his nose. This time, I would hope it's painfully obvious...


Ok, then he better cuts his nose. It's not like it's helping him do anything... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:49 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:And his rebounding is the same deal:
11,8,12,12,10,10,4,4,8,6,1,4,10,5,11,6,5

Completely random and not even that good.

All throughout the year for us, Murphy underperformed due to his broken nose. After he was traded to Indiana (fully-healed), he averaged 10.5 RPG in 7 contests for them... before re-breaking his nose.

Since that time, his rebounding numbers have been consistent with WHEN HE LAST BROKE HIS NOSE.

Nobody listened to me last time when I said it was his nose. This time, I would hope it's painfully obvious...


Ok, then he better cuts his nose. It's not like it's helping him do anything... :mrgreen:



Broken nose or not, he must realise he stinks and doesn't belong in the nba :mrgreen:

And dunnyboy too
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 am
I don't understand how wearing the mask would affect rebounding.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:55 am
JayPat wrote:I don't understand how wearing the mask would affect rebounding.


It covers his ugly face, so opponents are not as scared to come close to him to get boards. :mrgreen:
Last edited by TMC on Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:24 am
TMC wrote:
JayPat wrote:I don't understand how wearing the mask would affect rebounding.


It covers his ugly face, so opponents are not as scared to come close to him to get boards. :mrgreen:



:mrgreen:

Murphy just likes to spread his germs. He never believed in using the glove or the mask :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 am
migya wrote:Good point about the broken nose but the guy is no monster rebounder and doesn't do much else above average either, except maybe jump shooting at times. Harrington is a slight upgrade

Nobody's claiming he's not an upgrade from Harrington. And nobody's claiming he does anything well but rebound. But he rebounds among the league's best when he's healthy. There's no denying that.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:41 pm
It is a sure thing that Murphy will never ebound the way he did his first four seasons again! With Jermaine (if he stays) and Foster, Murphy will definately find it hard to get even 7 rebounds in 30mins of court time
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:10 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:26 pm
Murphy Sucks. Dun boy sucks. Yeah thats my word.
Previous

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron