Gilbertology

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:40 pm
As warriors fans, I remember some of these, I got a laugh out of this. These are all true.

In the Greater Washington area "Gilbertology" is the name given to his often bizarre behavior on and off the court[9], first coined by Wizards head coach Eddie Jordan. After being commented for shooting too much as a point guard, Arenas would play games nearly without shooting at all, and then score at will the next game. Arenas admits that he thrives under criticism, using jersey number "0" because he was told that he would get 0 minutes on the floor for his former team.

Use this thread to post all the crazy things Gilber Arenas does...

- While with the Warriors, he once took a shower at half time in full uniform

- Before every game he would take a teammate's jersey and hide it in the locker room to make them look for it.

- Arenas can often be seen playing online poker during half-time of games, instead of resting or preparing for the second half.

- On road trips, he will often eschew team outings on the town in favor of sitting in his room, ordering products from infomercials, such as a colon cleanser.

- In the same interview he said he preferred sleeping on the couch than on his bed, and that he once ate 12 cheeseburgers while on a road trip with the Wizards in Canada.

- During the 2003-04 season, Arenas tried to vote himself into the All Star game, trading a pair of shoes and a jersey for a box of ballots

- At the Wizards' first home game of the 2006-2007 season (November 4), during the introductions, Arenas came out wearing a blue robe with a hood, looking like a boxer. He was supposed to resemble a "wizard."

- During the 2006 NBA season, he began to shout the word hibachi as he took field goal attempts in games, explaining, "You know, a hibachi grill gets real hot. That's what my shot's like, so I've been calling it that: 'Welcome to the hibachi'." He has also stated that while he is scoring on opponents, he is "cooking chicken and shrimp" in reference to his "Hibachi grill," and that if his opponent wanted to double team him, he would "cook filet mignon" as well.

- Arenas wears size 13 sneakers on the court even though his feet are size 14½.

They left out the one with licking all the doughnuts
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:09 pm
This guy is something else i swear.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:53 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:As warriors fans, I remember some of these, I got a laugh out of this. These are all true.

In the Greater Washington area "Gilbertology" is the name given to his often bizarre behavior on and off the court[9], first coined by Wizards head coach Eddie Jordan. After being commented for shooting too much as a point guard, Arenas would play games nearly without shooting at all, and then score at will the next game. Arenas admits that he thrives under criticism, using jersey number "0" because he was told that he would get 0 minutes on the floor for his former team.

- Before every game he would take a teammate's jersey and hide it in the locker room to make them look for it.

- Arenas can often be seen playing online poker during half-time of games, instead of resting or preparing for the second half.

- On road trips, he will often eschew team outings on the town in favor of sitting in his room, ordering products from infomercials, such as a colon cleanser.

- In the same interview he said he preferred sleeping on the couch than on his bed, and that he once ate 12 cheeseburgers while on a road trip with the Wizards in Canada.

- During the 2003-04 season, Arenas tried to vote himself into the All Star game, trading a pair of shoes and a jersey for a box of ballots

- At the Wizards' first home game of the 2006-2007 season (November 4), during the introductions, Arenas came out wearing a blue robe with a hood, looking like a boxer. He was supposed to resemble a "wizard."

- During the 2006 NBA season, he began to shout the word hibachi as he took field goal attempts in games, explaining, "You know, a hibachi grill gets real hot. That's what my shot's like, so I've been calling it that: 'Welcome to the hibachi'." He has also stated that while he is scoring on opponents, he is "cooking chicken and shrimp" in reference to his "Hibachi grill," and that if his opponent wanted to double team him, he would "cook filet mignon" as well.

Funny stuff
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:09 am
John Patrick wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:As warriors fans, I remember some of these, I got a laugh out of this. These are all true.

Funny stuff

Yep. Makes him even more likeable... Most big stars are boring as hell. Anyone ever heard something like this about Duncan?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:24 am
I heard Duncan's mood ALMOST changed when he saw his best friend ****ing his mother, while crashing his car into his house. Almost.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:50 am
#32 wrote:I heard Duncan's mood ALMOST changed when he saw his best friend ****ing his mother, while crashing his car into his house. Almost.

:mrgreen: I think the breaking point would have been if Duncan's Mom had been doing him prison-style...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:50 pm
Ive actually heard that duncan is a pretty comical guy off the court. Sure as hell isnt on the court though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:06 pm
Tim Duncan only has one expression. One. He never looks dramatically different from his one pose.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:18 am
Damn, even the e-Duncan looks like that:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:56 am
"One college game that's five fouls, right? ... 40-minute game at Duke, they got soft rims I'd probably score 84 or 85. I wouldn't pass the ball. I wouldn't even think about passing it. It would be like a NBA Live or an NBA 2K7 game, you just shoot with one person." -- Gilbert Arenas

I just saw this one. He was talking about how he would exact his revenge on Coach K for cutting him from Team USA.

I'm not sure if I doubt his ability to drop ocho cinco on the Blue Devils.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:01 pm
::lol:

Think he's pissed with Coach K? :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:55 pm
Well he vowed this season to drop at least 50 points once against McMillan and D'Antoni when the Wiz meet up for cutting him from the team. So far, he's kept that vow.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:21 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Well he vowed this season to drop at least 50 points once against McMillan and D'Antoni when the Wiz meet up for cutting him from the team. So far, he's kept that vow.

Didnt today. :banghead:

Return to Sports Board