Where will webber and franchise end up?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:42 pm
Webber will end up in the Pistons and will add alot, especially if he really wants to! The guy played well last season and the Pistons would use that ahead of Mohammed and DDavis, if just for the offense and passing.

Francis is still a great player but going to the Knicks was the worst thing for him and he would be an asset to a team needing it in the backcourt. The Pistons need a backup PG, a decent one that could start right now while Billups is injured. There is a remote possiblity that both Webber and Francis could end up in the Pistons

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:46 pm
Francis has MORE motivation problems than Webber... and LESS overall talent when his head's actually in the game. He looks like a burden to me.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:48 am
Francis has the potential to be the best PG in the nba! He was touted so much because he has those abilities, he just doesn't seem to want to be. If he does get bought out, he could be attained cheaply so the Pistons have a chance and a need for getting him

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:32 am
migya wrote:Francis has the potential to be the best PG in the nba!

No way. Better than Nash? I wouldn't even consider him better than Baron (if he was full potential).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:05 am

Seems like you're a bit confused lately, friend. :mrgreen:

Franchise is not even a top 10 pg in the league.

From the top of my mind:

Nash
Baron
Arenas (yeah, he plays PG, too. A shoot first, second and third PG... but PG)
Andre Miller
Cassell
Iverson (see Arenas)
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Hinrich
Chauncy Billups
Kidd
Marbury (he's starting over Francis)

All those guys have a strong case to be better than Francis. Is he being wasted in NY?. Yes... but he's really far from having a chance to be the best PG of the league.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:30 pm

As you can see, I said POTENTIAL. Francis, back in Houston, was a top 10 PG if not top 5 but he was nowhere near as good as he could be. He has great allround skills and has shown near unstoppable offensive moves. He obviously doesn't try as hard as he could and so he should be seen as garbage at the moment

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 pm
John Patrick wrote:

No way. Better than Nash? I wouldn't even consider him better than Baron (if he was full potential).

the man said potential

Of course Dmiles had the potential to be the next jordan and Odom had the potential to be the GOAT
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:46 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
John Patrick wrote:

the man said potential

Of course Dmiles had the potential to be the next jordan and Odom had the potential to be the GOAT

Exactly. There are 25 guys with the potential to be the best PG of the NBA. By that same logic, we can say that Telfair has the "potential" to be the best PG in NBA history...

To be honest, I always thought that Francis was better suited to be a SG (in a pretty similar role to the one Iverson played in Philly under Larry Brown).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:35 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
John Patrick wrote:

the man said potential

Exactly. There are 25 guys with the potential to be the best PG of the NBA. By that same logic, we can say that Telfair has the "potential" to be the best PG in NBA history...

To be honest, I always thought that Francis was better suited to be a SG (in a pretty similar role to the one Iverson played in Philly under Larry Brown).

I reckon Francis was great his first three seasons but he never did get as many assists as he could have. He could still get back to being at least what he was but it may not happen

Previous

Return to Sports Board