Allen Iverson..... A football superstar?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:33 pm
<object><param></param><param></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hCAkVvNFk-0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Back in High School, Allen Iverson was as good at football as he was at hoops
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:09 pm
Is this for real! This is the same Iverson that plays in the nba!

Guy is a great athlete so it doesn't surprise me but to do that many things in football is real good

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:12 pm
migya wrote:Is this for real! This is the same Iverson that plays in the nba!

Guy is a great athlete so it doesn't surprise me but to do that many things in football is real good

yeah, scouts were saying that he'd be a surefire football hall of famer if he hadn't gotten into that brawl. Yes it is the same AI
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:20 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:Is this for real! This is the same Iverson that plays in the nba!

yeah, scouts were saying that he'd be a surefire football hall of famer if he hadn't gotten into that brawl. Yes it is the same AI

What brawl?

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:53 pm
He's body wouldn't have been able to cope with the rigors of NFL Life.

He already has nursed many injuries in his career (Not season ending ones) but the dude would have got pumped and no doubt his career would have been cut short due to the pain inflicted on him.

I guess he'd be Michael Vick like (elusive) .... But then i also guess he wouldn't have landed too many starting QB roles. Teams don't tend to go for the 5'11 6 foot QB cause they can't see over O-line.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:02 am
AI played more football than basketball before he ented the NBA. It's interesting, I really thought he could've became something in the NFL. But I do have to say that I rather see him in a basketball uni.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:42 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:AI played more football than basketball before he ented the NBA. It's interesting, I really thought he could've became something in the NFL. But I do have to say that I rather see him in a basketball uni.

I think he took the right decision going the bball way. I'm sure he would have been another Seneca Wallace in the NFL. Or even worse, maybe another Akili Smith... Most of these high school phenoms never pan out when they reach the NFL. I mean, IF they reach the NFL.

If I'm not wrong, he was the starter over Aaron Brooks while at high school. Guess that doesn't say much about Brooks.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:34 am
Iverson has gone on to become arguabky the best player in the nba or most unstoppable at least

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:51 am
migya wrote:Iverson has gone on to become arguabky the best player in the nba or most unstoppable at least

Yeah, but I doubt he would have been able to cope with life in the NFL.

That... and NBA players earn more money. It's not a tough choice at all.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:31 pm
I hate it when people say AI doesn't practice. You don't become the greatest dribbler of all times, and a 30-7 player without practicing your ass off.
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:30 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I hate it when people say AI doesn't practice. You don't become the greatest dribbler of all times, and a 30-7 player without practicing your ass off.

Practice? Practice? :shock: He's the franchise player and we're here talking about practice? How is practice going to make the team better? I mean c'mon seriously. :mrgreen:

But yes, he has had to practice. No player can do all those things without learning on his own time.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:47 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I hate it when people say AI doesn't practice. You don't become the greatest dribbler of all times, and a 30-7 player without practicing your ass off.

Allen Iverson no longer gets the credit he deserves and hasn't for a few years now. Guys like Kobe and Arenas are right now getting alot of credit for doing what Iverson has been doing for a decade!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:02 am
migya wrote:Allen Iverson no longer gets the credit he deserves and hasn't for a few years now. Guys like Kobe and Arenas are right now getting alot of credit for doing what Iverson has been doing for a decade!

Arenas is just starting to get some credit, but he's in the same boat as AI. If he does something "questionable", he's going to become the new punching bag of the media. Not like Kobe, who can do whatever he wants and everything is ok...

AI has had one of the most outstanding careers in NBA history, IMO. A truly unbelievable player. But probably won't go down in history like that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:52 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Allen Iverson no longer gets the credit he deserves and hasn't for a few years now. Guys like Kobe and Arenas are right now getting alot of credit for doing what Iverson has been doing for a decade!

Arenas is just starting to get some credit, but he's in the same boat as AI. If he does something "questionable", he's going to become the new punching bag of the media. Not like Kobe, who can do whatever he wants and everything is ok...

AI has had one of the most outstanding careers in NBA history, IMO. A truly unbelievable player. But probably won't go down in history like that.

I remember, a couple of weeks before the season started, ESPN ranked the top 20 player in the nba. They had LeBron 1st and then the top 5 was something like Kobe, Garnett, Duncan and Wade. They had Iverson at 16th! Way below every other major player there is :oops:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:11 am
migya wrote:I remember, a couple of weeks before the season started, ESPN ranked the top 20 player in the nba. They had LeBron 1st and then the top 5 was something like Kobe, Garnett, Duncan and Wade. They had Iverson at 16th! Way below every other major player there is :oops:

16th?... Top 5 is debatable, but 16th?. That's a joke.

Well, most of what ESPN does is a joke (specially their NFL section. Stein is good on NBA, but that's all).

I wonder what would happen if that same ranking were done by the players.
Next

Return to Sports Board