Best football game I ever saw

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:29 pm
I have seen great endings like Flute's hail mary and the all time winner Cal-Stanford with the band, but for a game from beginning to end I think Boise State-Oklahoma was the best I ever saw.

Actual hook & ladder and statue of liberty! Other interesting formations and plays. An on-camera proposal. David and Goliath. Pissing off a lot of big schools and their BCS bs.

About as good as it can get.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:16 pm
yeah i watched the game too and it was amazing....lots of people arent calling it the Greatest Game and the reason is that they didnt watch it....jus highlights.... i personally have it in my top 2, along with of course last years rose bowl

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:22 pm
Mine would have to be the NFC wildcard game Niners .vs. Green Bay.

That day was amazing from start to finish. I was sitting in the nosebleeds about the 25 yardline ( the endzone where T.O. made the catch). On the Niners last drive I was standing and imploring the fans around me to cheer.

Some Niner fans behind kept yelling at me to sit down, that the game was lost. We exchanged some words. A few minutes later Young drilled the pass to T.O.

I was jumping up and down and slapping high fives with the people around me...when I was literally tackled from behind. It was the guys that I had been fighting with a few minutes earlier. They had climbed over about 5 rows to jump on my back. They were shouting and yelling "damn man...you were right...I cant believe this,"

We hung out at the stadium for about an hour, near the tunnel and watched them film The Point after".

That even eclipsed the "Steve Young run" game versus Minnesota that a was lucky enough to be at as well.

Trolloc
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:40 pm
Both were amazing games. That was a real gutsy play to go for two to win it. Especially since the man who called it was a first year coach. For Boise State to come out and beat a perennial powerhouse in Oklahoma is very impressive. College football games can tend to be underrated. I just don't watch much of it because of the BCS. Rather see it in a playoff format.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to Sports Board