Most Dominant by sport...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:01 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Bulls always won as well and that did make things rough but I say the truth and that it is that the Bulls were a great team, the second threepeat team being the best team ever, and Jordan is the greatest player ever!


What made it even more amazing was the fact that those Bulls' teams weren't exactly loaded. He had Pippen, Rodman, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, Kukoc... and a few, very limited, role players. And not all of them at the same time. That's a proof of how great he was.

The Lakers three peats weren't loaded either - they had lots of role players and good coaching. Neither team had as many stars as the 2004 exiting mavericks. Just goes to show you (migya) that you need role players to win
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:30 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Bulls always won as well and that did make things rough but I say the truth and that it is that the Bulls were a great team, the second threepeat team being the best team ever, and Jordan is the greatest player ever!


What made it even more amazing was the fact that those Bulls' teams weren't exactly loaded. He had Pippen, Rodman, Horace Grant, Ron Harper, Kukoc... and a few, very limited, role players. And not all of them at the same time. That's a proof of how great he was.

well, respectful dissent, TMC. Pippen was one of the 50 greatest of all time, and Rodman, while a sick f**k was arguably the best defensive forward, certainly best rebounder, of all time. And they had the coach best able to work with headstrong superstars in 9 ring Phil Jackson. They all knew and accepted their roles, as it seems the Suns do now (Marion is a tiny ? there). So it wasn't exactly MJ against the world.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:08 pm
coltraning wrote:well, respectful dissent, TMC. Pippen was one of the 50 greatest of all time, and Rodman, while a sick f**k was arguably the best defensive forward, certainly best rebounder, of all time. And they had the coach best able to work with headstrong superstars in 9 ring Phil Jackson. They all knew and accepted their roles, as it seems the Suns do now (Marion is a tiny ? there). So it wasn't exactly MJ against the world.


Yeah, I said that about Pippen, and Rodman may be labeled as the best role player of all time, but far from a star (he was one, but only at one side of the court).

The coach shouldn't really count as far as how loaded the team was (the less help, the best job he does, obviously, but it's not like he has any option but to work with what he has).

So it's just MJ and Pippen against the world, with some help from role players. That's all that (first) team had. The Bulls second three-peat team was better, tho. Rodman alone gives them extra toughness.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:13 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:well, respectful dissent, TMC. Pippen was one of the 50 greatest of all time, and Rodman, while a sick f**k was arguably the best defensive forward, certainly best rebounder, of all time. And they had the coach best able to work with headstrong superstars in 9 ring Phil Jackson. They all knew and accepted their roles, as it seems the Suns do now (Marion is a tiny ? there). So it wasn't exactly MJ against the world.


Yeah, I said that about Pippen, and Rodman may be labeled as the best role player of all time, but far from a star (he was one, but only at one side of the court).

The coach shouldn't really count as far as how loaded the team was (the less help, the best job he does, obviously, but it's not like he has any option but to work with what he has).

So it's just MJ and Pippen against the world, with some help from role players. That's all that (first) team had. The Bulls second three-peat team was better, tho. Rodman alone gives them extra toughness.

Rodman IMO is a top 50 player all time because he is so much better at rebounding than anybody ever was and a top five defender all time. If he weren't a headcase he'd be thought of as a top 50 player ever because his rebounding was off the charts and his defense was phenomenal too.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:31 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:The Lakers three peats weren't loaded either - they had lots of role players and good coaching. Neither team had as many stars as the 2004 exiting mavericks. Just goes to show you (migya) that you need role players to win



The Lakers threepeat team was not all that loaded either, that's true, much ike The Bulls championship tems. That does show that Phil Jackson is a very good coach as he had to work role players around a couple of superstars effectively and he did that for three threepeat teams.

I never said that a team didn't need role players but superstars can play great roles :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron