Kobe Bryant's 81 point game

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21220
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:39 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:I still maintain Jordan's 63 against the celtics in the 86 playoffs was the toughest monster points game.


Yep. And doing it in the playoffs makes it even more impressive. I hope you're downloading this game, migya. Then we can really talk about comparisons with Kobe's 81 (not many, to be honest. Kobe's game is the least impressive high scoring performance I've seen)


I haven't found it on Bearshare but I remember you saying that it is available on Emule? Do you have it? I will be searching on Emule tonight and see what I can find and also on a couple of torrent sites


TMC wrote:And is it me or is Gerald Green seriously overrated?. The only impressive thing I've seen from him was a dunk during summer league in his rookie season.


Been checking the games lately, Green has had two great games since Pierce got injured and he is more than a dunker! Great three point shooter in fact, check the stats
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:49 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:I still maintain Jordan's 63 against the celtics in the 86 playoffs was the toughest monster points game.


Yep. And doing it in the playoffs makes it even more impressive. I hope you're downloading this game, migya. Then we can really talk about comparisons with Kobe's 81 (not many, to be honest. Kobe's game is the least impressive high scoring performance I've seen)


I haven't found it on Bearshare but I remember you saying that it is available on Emule? Do you have it? I will be searching on Emule tonight and see what I can find and also on a couple of torrent sites


I doubt you'll find it in torrents, but it is in the emule. Will take a while to download, but it's worth it.

migya wrote:
TMC wrote:And is it me or is Gerald Green seriously overrated?. The only impressive thing I've seen from him was a dunk during summer league in his rookie season.


Been checking the games lately, Green has had two great games since Pierce got injured and he is more than a dunker! Great three point shooter in fact, check the stats


That's why I'm asking... I haven't seen him play much, but he looks like just a scorer... and just a good prospect, nothing more. I don't see that superstar quality in him (yet).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21220
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:53 am
TMC wrote:I haven't seen him play much, but he looks like just a scorer... and just a good prospect, nothing more. I don't see that superstar quality in him (yet).



He shows glimpses of absolute greatness! I've only seen clips but the things he does are what TMac did before he became a superstar but he has a three point shot already! These games up until Pierce comes back will be great for Green because he should get alot of court time
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:58 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:I haven't seen him play much, but he looks like just a scorer... and just a good prospect, nothing more. I don't see that superstar quality in him (yet).



He shows glimpses of absolute greatness! I've only seen clips but the things he does are what TMac did before he became a superstar but he has a three point shot already! These games up until Pierce comes back will be great for Green because he should get alot of court time


Yeah, I guess that the next 2-3 weeks will allow us to have a better assessment of him. After all, he'll carry a lot more responsibilities with PP and Wally out.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21220
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:01 am
I'm not going to use eMule because it is not free like Bearshare. Hopefully some day I'll get my hands on that Jordan 63 point game.

Anyone know where you can buy nba games, past and present cheaply?
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:05 am
migya wrote:I'm not going to use eMule because it is not free like Bearshare. Hopefully some day I'll get my hands on that Jordan 63 point game.


It IS free. What e-mule are you talking about?. Download it here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21220
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:45 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not going to use eMule because it is not free like Bearshare. Hopefully some day I'll get my hands on that Jordan 63 point game.


It IS free. What e-mule are you talking about?. Download it here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download



I've been to that site and when I click on the installer, to download it, I get a file that is 15kbs in size and doesn't work.

there was two other sites but they want credit card payments
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:25 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not going to use eMule because it is not free like Bearshare. Hopefully some day I'll get my hands on that Jordan 63 point game.


It IS free. What e-mule are you talking about?. Download it here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download



I've been to that site and when I click on the installer, to download it, I get a file that is 15kbs in size and doesn't work.


That's weird. I've tried downloading it and it works fine. It's a 3.4 Mbs installer.

In any case, if you still want to try it, send me a PM with an email address with enough space and I'll send you the installer there.


btw, I've found a torrent for Jordan's 69 points game against the Cavs:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=32829bc9a20d627df6462e89888e027cbb49a0336574

I haven't checked the torrent, tho, so I'm not totally sure it's that game. I'll post about it once the download it's done.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:41 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:I still maintain Jordan's 63 against the celtics in the 86 playoffs was the toughest monster points game. Wilt was guarded by a 6'6" center who fouled out playing for the worst team in the league in a year that had the highest average score per team in the history of the game on a day Wilt's team scored over 160 points -no doubt Wilt got the most points, but to me, the quality of the opposition is relevant. Take it to another sport. Were the hitters really that much better in the days of routine .400 hitters, or did it maybe have something to do with pitchers routinely going nine innings, and zero black and latino players in the game? :roll:




:D

Again, beautifully said colt. Like a solo by jimmy hendrix.

:mrgreen:

shhh...don't tell the jimi hendrix estate, they like to sue people :wink: btw, did you know that Miles Davis and Jimi were going to record, derailed by Jimi's tragic death? I would have loved to have heard what they came up with.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:31 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:I haven't seen him play much, but he looks like just a scorer... and just a good prospect, nothing more. I don't see that superstar quality in him (yet).



He shows glimpses of absolute greatness! I've only seen clips but the things he does are what TMac did before he became a superstar but he has a three point shot already! These games up until Pierce comes back will be great for Green because he should get alot of court time


He got 20 and 8 in 40 minutes as the #1 option on a shitty banged up team and 18-9 in 36 minutes as the #1 option against a team missing all their defenders.

And he wasn't the best player on his team in either game

And his team lost those games

And he shot 41% from the field in both games

And those are his best games of his second season

Truthfully he's shown no more promise than Ike, Monta, or Biedrins. He's just in the celtics hype machine.
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21220
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:42 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not going to use eMule because it is not free like Bearshare. Hopefully some day I'll get my hands on that Jordan 63 point game.


It IS free. What e-mule are you talking about?. Download it here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download



I've been to that site and when I click on the installer, to download it, I get a file that is 15kbs in size and doesn't work.


That's weird. I've tried downloading it and it works fine. It's a 3.4 Mbs installer.

In any case, if you still want to try it, send me a PM with an email address with enough space and I'll send you the installer there.


btw, I've found a torrent for Jordan's 69 points game against the Cavs:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=32829bc9a20d627df6462e89888e027cbb49a0336574

I haven't checked the torrent, tho, so I'm not totally sure it's that game. I'll post about it once the download it's done.



This is a dead torrent
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21220
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:43 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:I haven't seen him play much, but he looks like just a scorer... and just a good prospect, nothing more. I don't see that superstar quality in him (yet).



He shows glimpses of absolute greatness! I've only seen clips but the things he does are what TMac did before he became a superstar but he has a three point shot already! These games up until Pierce comes back will be great for Green because he should get alot of court time


He got 20 and 8 in 40 minutes as the #1 option on a shitty banged up team and 18-9 in 36 minutes as the #1 option against a team missing all their defenders.

And he wasn't the best player on his team in either game

And his team lost those games

And he shot 41% from the field in both games

And those are his best games of his second season

Truthfully he's shown no more promise than Ike, Monta, or Biedrins. He's just in the celtics hype machine.



Seen the guy play at all?
He is the making of a superstar. TMac was nothing much in his first two seasons
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:10 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not going to use eMule because it is not free like Bearshare. Hopefully some day I'll get my hands on that Jordan 63 point game.


It IS free. What e-mule are you talking about?. Download it here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download



I've been to that site and when I click on the installer, to download it, I get a file that is 15kbs in size and doesn't work.


That's weird. I've tried downloading it and it works fine. It's a 3.4 Mbs installer.

In any case, if you still want to try it, send me a PM with an email address with enough space and I'll send you the installer there.


btw, I've found a torrent for Jordan's 69 points game against the Cavs:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=32829bc9a20d627df6462e89888e027cbb49a0336574

I haven't checked the torrent, tho, so I'm not totally sure it's that game. I'll post about it once the download it's done.



This is a dead torrent


Then how come I'm downloading it without problems? :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21220
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm not going to use eMule because it is not free like Bearshare. Hopefully some day I'll get my hands on that Jordan 63 point game.


It IS free. What e-mule are you talking about?. Download it here:

http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download



I've been to that site and when I click on the installer, to download it, I get a file that is 15kbs in size and doesn't work.


That's weird. I've tried downloading it and it works fine. It's a 3.4 Mbs installer.

In any case, if you still want to try it, send me a PM with an email address with enough space and I'll send you the installer there.


btw, I've found a torrent for Jordan's 69 points game against the Cavs:

http://btjunkie.org/torrent?do=stat&id=32829bc9a20d627df6462e89888e027cbb49a0336574

I haven't checked the torrent, tho, so I'm not totally sure it's that game. I'll post about it once the download it's done.



This is a dead torrent


Then how come I'm downloading it without problems? :wink:



I got the torrent and then when I start downloading it has an error message in red saying that there is no torrent ie. Noone is offering the file


I'll try again since it is working for you
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:38 am
migya wrote:I got the torrent and then when I start downloading it has an error message in red saying that there is no torrent ie. Noone is offering the file


I'll try again since it is working for you


Install the latest azureus version and try it. It's downloading pretty fast. I'll have the game in a hour or so...
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest