The possibility of a steve nash repeat

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:02 am
coltraning wrote:I agree with pest's amazing analysis (we're lucky to have the stats man on the board). Nash, Nowitzki and Bryant are the 3 obvious choices this year. I totally thought Nash deserved it the last 2 years, but this year I don't know. I understand what you are saying about Nowitzki and so on, but let's face it, Nash has 2 all-star players on his team (undeniably so, whether or not they make it) and Nowitzki has MAYBE one (who would you leave off to put Howard on?) and yet the Mavs are having a truly amazing year. With a healthy Odom I actually don't think the Lakers have any less talent than do the Mavs...in my view, either Avery repeats as coach of the year or they have to give the MVP to Dirk.

You have a good point and the Mavs don't really have many stars but what they are is a great teram that knows how to play and drills it every game. Dirk being MVP would be great because he has been a great player since the start

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:04 am
coltraning wrote:I agree with pest's amazing analysis (we're lucky to have the stats man on the board). Nash, Nowitzki and Bryant are the 3 obvious choices this year. I totally thought Nash deserved it the last 2 years, but this year I don't know. I understand what you are saying about Nowitzki and so on, but let's face it, Nash has 2 all-star players on his team (undeniably so, whether or not they make it) and Nowitzki has MAYBE one (who would you leave off to put Howard on?) and yet the Mavs are having a truly amazing year. With a healthy Odom I actually don't think the Lakers have any less talent than do the Mavs...in my view, either Avery repeats as coach of the year or they have to give the MVP to Dirk.

Yep. Great analysis, pest. Saves me the time I don't have to check all the stats. :wink:

The biggest disappointment so far has been Lebron, not for the way he plays, but he's a step below the other contenders for the MVP. Everybody had him as the favorite for the award this year... and he's, arguably, fourth on the race so far. Maybe lower, as Yao should also be there (even tho his injurys is hurting his chances).

I'd also have Nash as the main contender so far. In fact, the game in which he has impressed me more was the one in... I think it was Cleveland, but I'm not sure. He scored just 4 points but dominated the game completely, dishing out 21 assists.

Nowitzky and Bryant are head-to-head for the second position in the race.

btw, Josh Howard will be an all star. Book it. If he's not voted by the coaches, Stern will pick him to replace Yao on the team (as Yao won't be back in time from his injury, and yeah, I know they don't play the same position, but that doesn't matter when the league has to replace someone).

As for COY... Sloan is my pick above Avery. I like the job Avery is doing, but I'd still put Sloan over him by a hair.
Previous

Return to Sports Board