The possibility of a steve nash repeat

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:15 pm
case #26 for why it could happen...anyone heard from Tim Thomas lately? The hero of game six against the lakers last year has done nada once leaving the perfect passes of Stevie behind...meanwhile, the Suns are on their second double digit win streak and have won 28 of their last 31 games...is there a player since Magic who makes his teammates better than does our favorite Canadian (sorry, Kids in the Hall and Joni Mitchell)...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:29 pm
coltraning wrote:case #26 for why it could happen...anyone heard from Tim Thomas lately? The hero of game six against the lakers last year has done nada once leaving the perfect passes of Stevie behind...meanwhile, the Suns are on their second double digit win streak and have won 28 of their last 31 games...is there a player since Magic who makes his teammates better than does our favorite Canadian

I don't think there's a player in history who makes his teammates better. Stockton made Malone better and that's about it.
coltraning wrote:(sorry, Kids in the Hall and Joni Mitchell)...

whatabout william shatner? :letitallout: :mrgreen:
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:31 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
coltraning wrote:case #26 for why it could happen...anyone heard from Tim Thomas lately? The hero of game six against the lakers last year has done nada once leaving the perfect passes of Stevie behind...meanwhile, the Suns are on their second double digit win streak and have won 28 of their last 31 games...is there a player since Magic who makes his teammates better than does our favorite Canadian

I don't think there's a player in history who makes his teammates better. Stockton made Malone better and that's about it.
coltraning wrote:(sorry, Kids in the Hall and Joni Mitchell)...

whatabout william shatner? :letitallout: :mrgreen:

it's a given that the shatner is HOF status, beyond the discussion of mere mortal canucks 8)

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:01 pm
Nash has really risensince going to the Suns and I don't understand why this didn't happen in the Mavs. Obviously Nash decided to do something great and realised that this team was his to mold and he has done it like not many before him. He still hasn't won a championship but just one would certify him as a Hall of Famer

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:08 pm
migya wrote:Nash has really risensince going to the Suns and I don't understand why this didn't happen in the Mavs. Obviously Nash decided to do something great and realised that this team was his to mold and he has done it like not many before him. He still hasn't won a championship but just one would certify him as a Hall of Famer

he's there already - no multiple mvp has ever not made it

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:15 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Nash has really risensince going to the Suns and I don't understand why this didn't happen in the Mavs. Obviously Nash decided to do something great and realised that this team was his to mold and he has done it like not many before him. He still hasn't won a championship but just one would certify him as a Hall of Famer

take out the multiple. No MVP has ever not made it
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:07 am
coltraning wrote:

Yeah, he's a Hall of Famer already... but he still lacks the title(s) to be considered one of the best ever. (Don't bash me for that. You know it's true. The general fan remembers all Jordan, Bird and Magic did, but will soon forget about Nash if he doesn't win a title. It's not fair, but that's how it works).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:38 pm
coltraning wrote:

But a championship would make him an alltime great, say top 40-50 player that can be called a winner as well

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:55 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

But a championship would make him an alltime great, say top 40-50 player that can be called a winner as well

If he gets another MVP period he will be in the top 50 all time... He might be in it now...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:47 pm
John Patrick wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

If he gets another MVP period he will be in the top 50 all time... He might be in it now...

agreed. 3 MVPs and it'll be hard to keep him out of the top 50 all time. 3 MVPs and a ring probably will give him a trip to the top 30 but it stops there
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:37 pm
even Simmons and Hollinger, the 2 biggest Nash naysyaers the past 2 years are now on the bandwagon. Simmons pointed out the Suns are 2 squeakers away from a 29 game winning streak! As it is, they are 27-2 lately...the only thing is they are not majorly deep, and a Nash injury stops the show. Without Nash they are a 50 win team at best, with him, mid to high 60s.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:13 am
coltraning wrote:Suns are 2 squeakers away from a 29 game winning streak! As it is, they are 27-2 lately...

Yet the Mavs are still ahead of them

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:19 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:Suns are 2 squeakers away from a 29 game winning streak! As it is, they are 27-2 lately...

It's weird... but Dirk developed as Dallas' main player once Nash left the team. Guess sometimes a change of scenery is needed by both sides.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:01 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

It's weird... but Dirk developed as Dallas' main player once Nash left the team. Guess sometimes a change of scenery is needed by both sides.

It is much better when a great team has a rival (see celtics-lakers) as opposed to one team dominance (ala the bulls) so I am glad that the Mavs and Suns are both tearing up the league with such differing styles...does anyone doubt that the real final will be the western conference one?

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:05 pm
coltraning wrote:It is much better when a great team has a rival (see celtics-lakers) as opposed to one team dominance (ala the bulls) so I am glad that the Mavs and Suns are both tearing up the league with such differing styles...does anyone doubt that the real final will be the western conference one?

Yeah, I just don't think the Mavs will be there. Even tho they're playing great right now, I still have the Spurs (maybe the Nuggets, too, but not until AI and Melo show they can play together) over them.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board