Raja Bell.....

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:39 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Duncan is the best post player in the nba by far!

No. The best post player is Ike. Period... It's just that nobody knows (yet). :mrgreen:

donde estas el diogu?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:09 am
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

No. The best post player is Ike. Period... It's just that nobody knows (yet). :mrgreen:

donde estas el diogu?

Where are you the diogu? :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:35 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

donde estas el diogu?

Should we call him "the Diogu" from now on? :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:46 am
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:

donde estas el diogu?

Should we call him "the Diogu" from now on? :wink:

si :bday:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:07 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:A heck of a lot of brand's game is midrange (read about eight feet). I consider Duncan's game a lot more post. Plus you have to consider that the post is both sides of the ball and duncan kills Brand on D.

I think Brand uses the midrange the same way Ike does; to keep the defense honest. EB's steady midrange jumper is the only reason opposing forwards bite on his pump fakes; if they don't jump, he'll can it. Doesn't mean the post game the he has is any less dangerous; no one can argue that he uses it more often than anything else in his arsenal.

As far as defense, I dunno if Duncan's THAT much better than Brand. Sure, he has a bigger body (which is, inherantly, a good thing), but (since coming to the Clippers) Brand averages 2.3 BPG... only 0.2 less than Duncan, who has 3 more inches to his advantage.

I'd say they're about the same on defense.

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:As for KG, he hangs out on the perimeter a lot more than duncan.

I agree. But I also think that, when Garnett's in the post, he has the slickest set of moves out of anybody currently in the league. He doesn't have the power game of Brand or Duncan, which is a disadvantage, but his finese inside is off the charts for a 7-footer in this generation.

But, honestly, this one might boil down to pure opinion. I think Garnett's post game, when he uses it, is more effective than Duncan's... but there's no question, Big Tim's in the post a helluva lot more than KG.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:48 pm
#32 wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:A heck of a lot of brand's game is midrange (read about eight feet). I consider Duncan's game a lot more post. Plus you have to consider that the post is both sides of the ball and duncan kills Brand on D.

I think Brand uses the midrange the same way Ike does; to keep the defense honest. EB's steady midrange jumper is the only reason opposing forwards bite on his pump fakes; if they don't jump, he'll can it. Doesn't mean the post game the he has is any less dangerous; no one can argue that he uses it more often than anything else in his arsenal.

As far as defense, I dunno if Duncan's THAT much better than Brand. Sure, he has a bigger body (which is, inherantly, a good thing), but (since coming to the Clippers) Brand averages 2.3 BPG... only 0.2 less than Duncan, who has 3 more inches to his advantage.

Yeah, but blocks aren't everything. Duncan keeps the person he's guarding from scoring. Brand doesn't. Duncan keeps the person he's guarding from rebounding. Brand doesn't

And duncan plays more PF than center, this year brand is playing more center than PF (go figure) and center is an easier position to guard
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:58 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:

Yeah, but blocks aren't everything. Duncan keeps the person he's guarding from scoring. Brand doesn't. Duncan keeps the person he's guarding from rebounding. Brand doesn't

And duncan plays more PF than center, this year brand is playing more center than PF (go figure) and center is an easier position to guard

Point here is that Duncan has been doing this since the start of his career and has not fallen off inside, just done a little less with the rise of his teammates, like Parker. He plays mostly in th post and his team has always been among the best because of his ability there

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:19 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Yeah, but blocks aren't everything. Duncan keeps the person he's guarding from scoring. Brand doesn't. Duncan keeps the person he's guarding from rebounding. Brand doesn't

:scratch: Lets look at a few of Duncan's opponents this season:

Biedrins put up 18 and 15 against Duncan in their first meeting. Garnett ended the game with 19 and 12. Dirk had 31 and 10. Boozer got 23 and 16. Bosh got 19 and 17. Zach Randolph got 23 and 8. The list goes on and on. And we're only 24 games deep, so far.

Doesn't sound too stellar to me...

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:And duncan plays more PF than center, this year brand is playing more center than PF (go figure) and center is an easier position to guard

Not when you're 6'8" like Brand, facing an average of 7-feet every night. He's giving up an average of 4 inches a game this season.

And still averages 1.9 blocks and 1.2 steals a night. Not quite Tim Duncan's 1.7 and 0.7, respectively, but it gets the job done.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Sports Board