Raja Bell.....

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:54 pm
says that yao ming is the toughest player in the league.

discuss
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:54 pm
toughest mentally? I dont know about that Ive always considered yao to be kind of soft but maybe i just havent seen enough of him. Before this year ans the end of last year I wouldnt have considered him as one of the best players in the league.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:42 pm
If you are talking about physical toughness, I would doubt that since he uses his height to score and block shots (not that that's a bad thing). Hmmm... I'd still consider Shaq tougher than Yao (not better though... Shaq's getting old).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:16 pm
Yao's become a beast in the last year and a half, there's no doubt. But tough is still a word I wouldn't use to describe him. Hell, I'd call Duncan more of a contact player than Yao.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:39 pm
#32 wrote:Yao's become a beast in the last year and a half, there's no doubt. But tough is still a word I wouldn't use to describe him. Hell, I'd call Duncan more of a contact player than Yao.

well, while duncan may not be a banger, he does have the best post game in the NBA (maybe Randolph is better, haven't seen him this year)
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:07 pm
I think Elton Brand and Kevin Garnett both rank in front of Duncan, personally. In my opinion, Brand is the best post-player in the league.

The Big Fundamental has game... but he's borderline soft (borderline - I didn't say he was soft). I think Yao is still a cupcake. The man's got game, there's no doubt. But so does Brad Miller. So does Troy Murphy. So does Dirk Nowitski. So does Shareef Abdur-Rahim. A lotta big guys put up big numbers... but not all of them are tough.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:20 pm
Oooh I forgot about Elton Brand... he's probably the toughest. Dwight Howard deserves a mention as well.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:13 am
Raja only finds Yao the toughest one because, even when he jumps, he doesn't get over Yao's hips.

I still consider Yao one of the softest players in the league. At the same time, I consider him one of the toughest players to defend. There's a difference.

As an example, a tough player can be Alonzo Mourning... not Yao. Yao may be a headache for the rivals due to his height and talent, but tough?. Gimme a break...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:33 am
I think what Bell meant was tough to stop! Yao has become so effective this season that it must be a nightmare for opposing coaches to try to plan to stop him.

I think Yao will only get better from here and may become the most dominant player in the nba. Tough call but the guy has the physical tools to do it and he seems to be mentally tough enough as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:36 am
migya wrote:I think what Bell meant was tough to stop!

I think so as well. The other option doesn't make sense. Charles Oakley would eat Yao for breakfast in terms of toughness. He just seems too much of a nice guy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:23 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I think what Bell meant was tough to stop!

I think so as well. The other option doesn't make sense.

Agreed.

For all future purposes, Raja Bell must have meant Yao was tough to defend. Anything else just doesn't add up.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:14 am
#32 wrote:I think Elton Brand and Kevin Garnett both rank in front of Duncan, personally. In my opinion, Brand is the best post-player in the league.

A heck of a lot of brand's game is midrange (read about eight feet). I consider Duncan's game a lot more post. Plus you have to consider that the post is both sides of the ball and duncan kills Brand on D.

As for KG, he hangs out on the perimeter a lot more than duncan.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:48 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
#32 wrote:I think Elton Brand and Kevin Garnett both rank in front of Duncan, personally. In my opinion, Brand is the best post-player in the league.

A heck of a lot of brand's game is midrange (read about eight feet). I consider Duncan's game a lot more post. Plus you have to consider that the post is both sides of the ball and duncan kills Brand on D.

As for KG, he hangs out on the perimeter a lot more than duncan.

I didn't see that quote. Well responded Pest!

Duncan is the best post player in the nba by far!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:47 am
migya wrote:Duncan is the best post player in the nba by far!

No. The best post player is Ike. Period... It's just that nobody knows (yet). :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:51 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Duncan is the best post player in the nba by far!

No. The best post player is Ike. Period... It's just that nobody knows (yet). :mrgreen:

Your joking but give him a couple of years AND opportunity and he just might be!

Next

Return to Sports Board