62 vs. 81

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:59 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:gilbert arenas just had a game better than tmac's by a long shot and approaching (if not surpassing) kobe's all around. Only problem is that gilbert played nonexistent defense.



Gilbert is not much of a defender anyway.
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:17 am
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:gilbert arenas just had a game better than tmac's by a long shot and approaching (if not surpassing) kobe's all around. Only problem is that gilbert played nonexistent defense.



Gilbert is not much of a defender anyway.


The whole Wizards team is like that. Even their coach. I'm downloading that game right now...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:35 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:gilbert arenas just had a game better than tmac's by a long shot and approaching (if not surpassing) kobe's all around. Only problem is that gilbert played nonexistent defense.



Gilbert is not much of a defender anyway.


The whole Wizards team is like that. Even their coach. I'm downloading that game right now...

from what torrent site?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:50 am
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:The whole Wizards team is like that. Even their coach. I'm downloading that game right now...

from what torrent site?


The one we always use for bball torrents (and only bball torrents):

http://bt.davka.info/

btw, the Wizards have the ugliest uniform I've seen in a looooong time... Not even our orange unis looked that bad.

Image
What the f*ck is that...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:40 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:gilbert arenas just had a game better than tmac's by a long shot and approaching (if not surpassing) kobe's all around. Only problem is that gilbert played nonexistent defense.

And by "all-around" I assume you mean everything but the numbers in the scoring column?

There's a huge difference between 60 and 80. That's all I intend to say on this issue.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:52 am
#32 wrote:There's a huge difference between 60 and 80. That's all I intend to say on this issue.


There's also a huge difference in shots taken (32 by Arenas against 46 by Kobe). And Arenas had a more complete game (8 boards and assists) than Kobe had.

I've got no doubt that Arenas has a better game than Kobe's 81... In fact, Kobe's game is one of the least impressive big games I've ever seen (considering that it only was a scoring contest and he took a whopping 66 shots, counting free throws).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:07 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:There's a huge difference between 60 and 80. That's all I intend to say on this issue.


There's also a huge difference in shots taken (32 by Arenas against 46 by Kobe). And Arenas had a more complete game (8 boards and assists) than Kobe had.

I've got no doubt that Arenas has a better game than Kobe's 81... In fact, Kobe's game is one of the least impressive big games I've ever seen (considering that it only was a scoring contest and he took a whopping 66 shots, counting free throws).



Almost downloaded that 81pt game but yea, Kobe had all the chances to do what he wanted
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:20 am
migya wrote:Almost downloaded that 81pt game but yea, Kobe had all the chances to do what he wanted


You're still downloading the game?. You need to change to a faster connection, migya. It's been... what?, a month?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:26 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Almost downloaded that 81pt game but yea, Kobe had all the chances to do what he wanted


You're still downloading the game?. You need to change to a faster connection, migya. It's been... what?, a month?



I have 256kb ADSL. It has been about 3 weeks but the torent is quite slow and I've been getting one other game at the same time all the time. I got the 76ers against the Suns in Phoenix and one other game during the same time period
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:43 am
You can't discount it due to the number of shots Bryant took, because the man was shooting 61% from the field. It would be crazy not to go to a guy who was that hot (especially considering he's, arguably, the best player in the league... and he only had one decent teammate).

Despite taking less shots, Gilbert shot 53% on the game (nearly 10 points less than Kobe). And if you wanna bring free throws into the mix, Gilbert took 27 (nearly 10 more than Bryant).

As I said, the numbers are proof enough. Only Wilt Chamberlain has ever gotten to the 80-bench-mark. Off the top of my head, I can name at least 5 other occasions with a 60-point showing.

Gilbert had a career night... but not a historic night by any means.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:54 am
:dontknow: I'm just more impressed by someone that gets 60 points, and almost a triple-double (2 boards and assists short of it) than someone that takes more than half the shots of his team score 81 points.

Arenas probably would have gone for 80 too if he decided to shot even more than he did... and the Wizards probably would have lost the game if that had happened. In fact, if not because the game was against the Raptors, Kobe woulnd't have scored 81... and if that were the case, they would have lost.

Kobe's 81 game is extremely overrated. It's just a byproduct of a ball-hog playing against one of the worst defenses of the league and taking all the shots he could.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 pm
First of all, statistically speaking, Seattle was the "worst defending team in the league" last year... and Kobe dropped 43, 22, and 34 on them, respectively. All great games, but nowhere near 80.

And, you can't possibly believe Arenas would have gotten 80 if he took more shots. First of all, he shot a poorer percentage than Kobe (all, from the field, the arc, and the line). Secondly, he PLAYED more minutes than Kobe did during his 80-point game (7 more, to be exact... which is just over half a quarter of play longer)!

And if you REALLY wanna get technical and talk about "all around game", than Kobe Bryant himself out-played Gilbert Arenas DURING Gilbert's 60 point game. First of all, he got a double-double (45 and 10 assists), while matching Gilbert on the boards. Secondly, he shot a better percentage across the board than Arenas (FG: 63%-53%, 3P: 64%-42%, FT: 80%-78%). Lastly, he did it all... while playing LESS minutes (46 to 48).

If you wanna base your argument on "overall play", than you can't escape by trying to say that 60 is a helluva lot more impressive than 45... because 80 topples them all.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:49 pm
#32 wrote:First of all, statistically speaking, Seattle was the "worst defending team in the league" last year... and Kobe dropped 43, 22, and 34 on them, respectively. All great games, but nowhere near 80.

And, you can't possibly believe Arenas would have gotten 80 if he took more shots. First of all, he shot a poorer percentage than Kobe (all, from the field, the arc, and the line). Secondly, he PLAYED more minutes than Kobe did during his 80-point game (7 more, to be exact... which is just over half a quarter of play longer)!

And if you REALLY wanna get technical and talk about "all around game", than Kobe Bryant himself out-played Gilbert Arenas DURING Gilbert's 60 point game. First of all, he got a double-double (45 and 10 assists), while matching Gilbert on the boards. Secondly, he shot a better percentage across the board than Arenas (FG: 63%-53%, 3P: 64%-42%, FT: 80%-78%). Lastly, he did it all... while playing LESS minutes (46 to 48).

If you wanna base your argument on "overall play", than you can't escape by trying to say that 60 is a helluva lot more impressive than 45... because 80 topples them all.


F*ck. Then I'm right because I'm right, dammit. How you dare to refute my feeble points with stats and logical thinking? Image








:mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:32 pm
Kobe is a ball hog! End of story!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:49 pm
Yes he is... and so is Gilbert Arenas, so whats your point...? :scratch:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest