49ers are considering a move to Santa Clara in 2008...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:06 am
This is one move that I am all for. The proposed location will be right next to Great America and the Santa Clara Convention Center.

This move makes sense because their training facility is right in that area, it's convienent to the light rail, and there are many hotels within walking distance to this area...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:52 am
I love this move. San Fransisco lost the faith. It's time for other Bay Area cities to have a shot at it.

Look at how rabid the Sharks fans are. Even before the Thorton trade, even before the Sharks were contenders, the Shark Tank was packed. San Jose did a GREAT job with them. Santa Clara is right next door to San Ho. Lets hope the more loyal fans in the Bay can regenerate the 49ers' fanbase.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:54 pm
I hate John York as much as anyone, but I have to agree here. The Santa Clara site is a much better location for many reasons. I would love to see them stay in SF, but can argue with this.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:07 pm
I don't think the city matters much. Look at the Nets. They're still known as the "New Jersey" Nets, even though they're gonna play in the Bronx.

The 49ers will always be the "San Fransisco" 49ers.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:39 pm
Still, it's sad to see a team with so much history leaving... even if it's for a close area. It just won't be the same...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:54 pm
I praise everyone who made history in that stadium. Great, historic memories will never be forgotten. Anyone know what they'll do with Candlestick once they move? The move isn't official yet though because SF still wants its bid in the 2016 Summer games. But there has been talk about the Niners staying the San Francisco 49ers even though they are moving 30 miles down south of SF. Whatever happens, happens. Hopefully this will encourage Raider fans to become Niner fans. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:00 am
went to the 49ers-Eagles game earlier this year. "Monster" Park is an absolute dump. It stinks over there and the stadium looks ugly...

why cant we have a stadium like this...

Return to Sports Board