Raiders, The Gods must be CRAZY!

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:44 am
VS Steelers- BIG BEN WILL NOT PLAY DUE TO INJURY (most likely)
@Seattle- Hasselback, injured.. Alexander as well (Not fully recovered)
VS Denver ( This ain't mile high- THIS IS MOTHERFUQING RAIDER NATION)
@KANSAS CITY- No Gaurentees... BUT NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION!
@ Chargers- DRUGCHEAT Returns... looks for revenge on Raiders.

Now i don't want to be optimistic here (But i will cause i support the silver and black, Home of the heartbreak<Both>

But i think the Raiders will very likely be looking at winning there next 3 games. 4-5 (That gives there season the smallest glimmer of hope.... Nothing out of the Question)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:48 am
Yep, those teams will be pretty banged up... they should be thankful they have the Raiders in their schedule to take a break. :mrgreen:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:58 pm
Yeah that Steelers and Seahawks games aren't for sure wins. But Charlie Batch has done well when replacing Big Ben so watch out for him. And they said Shaun most likely will be back in the lineup against the Raiders. But who cares, he hasn't rushed for over 100 yards yet and he has the Madden Curse. Plus I don't like their chances with Seneca Wallace at QB.

But the Broncos should be a loss for the Raiders because of that suffocating defense and the Chargers will be wanting to destroy the Raiders after losing two games they should've won(Ravens and Chiefs).

As for the Chiefs. Depends on Damon Huard's performance. IF Trent Green is back, the Chiefs will win. But with Huard at QB, their's still a chance.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:17 am
xBayAreaWarriorx415 wrote:Yeah that Steelers and Seahawks games aren't for sure wins. But Charlie Batch has done well when replacing Big Ben so watch out for him. And they said Shaun most likely will be back in the lineup against the Raiders. But who cares, he hasn't rushed for over 100 yards yet and he has the Madden Curse. Plus I don't like their chances with Seneca Wallace at QB.

But the Broncos should be a loss for the Raiders because of that suffocating defense and the Chargers will be wanting to destroy the Raiders after losing two games they should've won(Ravens and Chiefs).

As for the Chiefs. Depends on Damon Huard's performance. IF Trent Green is back, the Chiefs will win. But with Huard at QB, their's still a chance.

Xbaywarrior you earn more of my respect every day...

Your clear headed thinking always sees the black and silver lining to every Raider opportunity. PEACE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:30 pm

Guess which guy i am?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:23 pm
Either one would be embarrassing. But at least you're not the guy who's team lost twice by giving up a huge lead in the 4th. I pick Arizona to take the 1st pick in the draft.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:36 am
Arizona is too good on offense for that (the o-line is a different matter) and they play in a weak conference. I have Detroit, the Raiders and Miami (who would have thought it) as the main contenders for that pick).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:06 pm
True but Arizona has never been that winning franchise. They've always been upstaged by the Niners, Seahawks, and the Rams. The Cardinals aren't just the winning franchise. And that proves to be correct with record and the horrible finishes.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:31 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:True but Arizona has never been that winning franchise. They've always been upstaged by the Niners, Seahawks, and the Rams. The Cardinals aren't just the winning franchise. And that proves to be correct with record and the horrible finishes.

Yeah, sure. I was just saying that I don't consider them a contender for the #1 pick, not that they're going to have a winning record or something like that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:59 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:True but Arizona has never been that winning franchise. They've always been upstaged by the Niners, Seahawks, and the Rams. The Cardinals aren't just the winning franchise. And that proves to be correct with record and the horrible finishes.

Yeah, sure. I was just saying that I don't consider them a contender for the #1 pick, not that they're going to have a winning record or something like that.

They could, if they knew how to finish games.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:15 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
TMC wrote:

They could, if they knew how to finish games.

Or run the damn ball... I wonder if Edge is still happy about signing with the Cards this offseason...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:15 pm
So how do the Raiders draft next season.

Kirk Morrison, Michael Huff, Thomas Howard are all players that will get a nasty streak as they grow older. I think they'll be shutdown defenders in 2 years time.

Warren Sapp is ageing, i'd keep him around if this is where he wants to be for the right price.

But i say the Raiders draft either a QB (But i think Walter is panning out well) but they really need to get a Superstar player on the Offensive Line.

I don't know college football too well. But is there any Tackles,Gaurds or Centres in this next draft class worthy of a High pick?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:58 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:So how do the Raiders draft next season.

Kirk Morrison, Michael Huff, Thomas Howard are all players that will get a nasty streak as they grow older. I think they'll be shutdown defenders in 2 years time.

Warren Sapp is ageing, i'd keep him around if this is where he wants to be for the right price.

But i say the Raiders draft either a QB (But i think Walter is panning out well) but they really need to get a Superstar player on the Offensive Line.

I don't know college football too well. But is there any Tackles,Gaurds or Centres in this next draft class worthy of a High pick?

After the Gallery pick, no way. I think O-Linemen shouldn't be picked high regardless of what they say. I thought Ferguson was picked too high because I'm just a believer in O-Linemen not panning out if they are picked in the top 5.

The Raiders drafting a QB is unlikely because I think Al Davis still has faith in Walter. Brady Quinn and Troy Smith are still likely options. But I'd go with Troy if they were to choose the QB because of how the two compare so far.

That defense can be addressed later, the offense needs help. My take:

O-Line - Needs help dearly. FA or late 1st day draft picks/early 2nd day draft picks should be the way to do it.

TE - They're fine here.

QB - Maybe. Depending on how Al Davis feels about Walter, then we'll see. But if they can acquire a FA or a vet QB from a trade like Smith has Dilfer, then Walter should be set. New offensive coordinator may be in order. Maybe, that is.

FB - Crockett is old. But oh well, it's not a real important position.

RB - Jordan/Fargas have done well. It's the O-Line to blame. No need to upgrade here, maybe if they want but no major upgrade needed.

WR - A second option for Walter would be nice. Moss needs more than Curry for another threat.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:55 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:So how do the Raiders draft next season.

Depends on the spot they pick... but probably will try to go for a difference maker... Quinn, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson... That sort of player.

If they're not in the top 3, they'll go for o-line.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:17 am
Any of you guys picking the Raiders over the Seahawks next week?
Next

Return to Sports Board