World Series Picks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Whose Your Pick To Win The World Series?

Detroit Tigers
13%
St. Louis Cardinals
38%
Who Cares? This is gonna be a lackluster World Series.
50%

Total votes : 8

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:22 pm
I really couldn't care less. Just to be honest. But if you pinned me down and made me choose, of course, I'd take the popular pick: Detroit.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:35 pm
My fam's from Detroit so I gotta go with the Tigs.

800 post by the way.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:44 pm
Congrats, on both accounts. :bday:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:49 pm
Congrats on the posts, JP... and I think that's all the contribution I can do to this thread.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:39 pm
I hate baseball... and seen the Athletics left Centre stage RIGHT then i got nothing to contribute to this thread
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:05 pm
Way to go JPat!

Screw baseball

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:41 am
Hey, hey, hey! :banghead:

Now, just because I could care less about the World Seires this year because a couple boring teams are in it doesn't mean I wanted to start a 'hate baseball' thread! Baseball (along with football and basketball) is one of the three real sports in the world. Everything else is just a stupid recreation.

Soccer, ice hockey, field hockey, and water polo are all the same, easy-to-understand (and, therefore, loved by the world) games. It's just one is played on ice, one in the water, one with sticks, and one with feet. Wow. How impressive.

Baseball is the most complex sport that is, yet, still simple enough to understand. That's why cricket isn't a sport. Because cricket is just too damn complicated.

Hating on baseball is not what this thread is about.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:59 pm
I would hardly call "soccer" a non-real sport. Basketball is essentially the same, but with hands and dribbling. Football is only popular in America, so I wouldn't call it a real sport "in the world".
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:16 pm
Like I said, soccer is the simplest game in the world. Thats the only reason it's popular. There are, virtually, no real rules in soccer. There's 'offsides'. That's it. Other than that, you can't touch the ball with your hands and you have boundaries. Wow. Real innovative. That's why it's so popular; because all you really need to play it is a ball. 3rd world countries can understand AND play it. That's why it's so popular.

You can't compare football or basketball to soccer. They are much more organized, they are gentlemen's games, and they take more than a pulse to understand. They are REAL sports.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:19 am
#32 wrote:You can't compare football or basketball to soccer. They are much more organized, they are gentlemen's games, and they take more than a pulse to understand. They are REAL sports.

Since when does any athletic competition need to have a big set of rules to be called a sport?.

Athletics are also a sport, and those don't have many rules... In fact, the only one would be "When you hear the whistle, start running to the other side of the track". Can it get any easier than that?... and nobody can't say it's not a sport.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 am
#32 wrote:Hey, hey, hey! :banghead:

Now, just because I could care less about the World Seires this year because a couple boring teams are in it doesn't mean I wanted to start a 'hate baseball' thread! Baseball (along with football and basketball) is one of the three real sports in the world. Everything else is just a stupid recreation.

They are just America's favourite sports! So what!

#32 wrote:Soccer, ice hockey, field hockey, and water polo are all the same, easy-to-understand (and, therefore, loved by the world) games. It's just one is played on ice, one in the water, one with sticks, and one with feet. Wow. How impressive.

Basketball is really complicated isn't it :roll:

What a dumb statement to make :mrgreen:

Lift your game #32, no dumb arses on here allowed :mrgreen:

#32 wrote:Baseball is the most complex sport that is, yet, still simple enough to understand. That's why cricket isn't a sport. Because cricket is
just too damn complicated.

Cricket too complicated............ hahahahahahahaha :mrgreen:

I'd say boring and played by lazy, beer drinking cunnts!

#32 wrote:Hating on baseball is not what this thread is about.

It is now! :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:05 am
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:Soccer, ice hockey, field hockey, and water polo are all the same, easy-to-understand (and, therefore, loved by the world) games. It's just one is played on ice, one in the water, one with sticks, and one with feet. Wow. How impressive.

In a way, I agree with him here. Basketball is a lot more complicated than other sports... I mean, I'm pretty sure some soccer players have to stop to think which team they are playing for. I'm pretty sure that onle a 30% or so of soccer players would be able to study (and remember succesfully) a book of plays.

But that's not to say soccer ain't a real sport.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:57 am

Looks like they're getting ready for the after party! At least we know who's the giver and who's the taker :mrgreen:

The gayness just keeps coming

:mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:59 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

In a way, I agree with him here. Basketball is a lot more complicated than other sports... I mean, I'm pretty sure some soccer players have to stop to think which team they are playing for. I'm pretty sure that onle a 30% or so of soccer players would be able to study (and remember succesfully) a book of plays.

But that's not to say soccer ain't a real sport.

Basketball can be complicated but it is usually simplified enough so any bufoon can play. It is just of a high standard so not just anyone can make it in basketball

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:07 am
The point was that a set of rules was in play. Soccer is a free-for-all. It's like cage-fighting. It's not a real sport; it's just the simplest, easiest recreation the entire world can find.

Why aren't there any REAL soccer stars? Because EVERYONE can play soccer. It's easy and stupid. Basketball takes skill.

Don't get butthurt, miggy, its just the truth.
Next

Return to Sports Board