Superstar
14%
Franchise
86%

Total votes : 7

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:36 am
migya wrote:I've always liked the Pistons but this season could be a crossroads for them if they don't figure out how to get past the departure of Ben Wallace. Hope they still are the best in the east

Funny thing is that Ben Wallace admitted that he left Detroit because he coulnd't stand Flip Saunders and his coaching.

I've been saying it for a while already. Flip is one of the worst coaches of the game I've seen. A truly terrible coach, almost on Monty's level. And I'm not kidding. If Monty had been coaching KG, he would have a similar resumé as Flip... that is, not much to be proud of.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:17 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I've always liked the Pistons but this season could be a crossroads for them if they don't figure out how to get past the departure of Ben Wallace. Hope they still are the best in the east

Funny thing is that Ben Wallace admitted that he left Detroit because he coulnd't stand Flip Saunders and his coaching.

I've been saying it for a while already. Flip is one of the worst coaches of the game I've seen. A truly terrible coach, almost on Monty's level. And I'm not kidding. If Monty had been coaching KG, he would have a similar resumé as Flip... that is, not much to be proud of.

Don't know why you say that! Flip coached the TWolves to the playoffs for years and then took the Pistons to their best regular season ever! Not the showing of a bad coach

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:22 am
migya wrote:Don't know why you say that! Flip coached the TWolves to the playoffs for years and then took the Pistons to their best regular season ever! Not the showing of a bad coach

I could have coached the T-Wolves to the playoffs all those years. That didn't require any skill. KG did it, not Flip. That team should have won a couple of championships by now if they had had a decent GM and a decent coach. But no, they had two of the worst (still have one in McHale), so they only advanced in the playoffs one time.

And still people believe like Flip did a good job there. Amazing. The best player of the league for 10 years, almost no results, and people still likes his job... Honestly, I can't understand it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:33 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Don't know why you say that! Flip coached the TWolves to the playoffs for years and then took the Pistons to their best regular season ever! Not the showing of a bad coach

I could have coached the T-Wolves to the playoffs all those years. That didn't require any skill. KG did it, not Flip. That team should have won a couple of championships by now if they had had a decent GM and a decent coach. But no, they had two of the worst (still have one in McHale), so they only advanced in the playoffs one time.

And still people believe like Flip did a good job there. Amazing. The best player of the league for 10 years, almost no results, and people still likes his job... Honestly, I can't understand it.

Then why have the TWolves not made it back to the playoffs since Filp left? He is a good coach and remember that besides KG, the TWolves have never had much talent so it shows that he could coach.

Same with the Pistons - Look how much better they were last season and that was compared to having a future hall of fame coach!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:36 am
migya wrote:Then why have the TWolves not made it back to the playoffs since Filp left? He is a good coach and remember that besides KG, the TWolves have never had much talent so it shows that he could coach.

Easy. The team is worse. Sam Cassell was a big player for them, and so was Sprewell. The haven't replaced them well=====> Minny sucks.

migya wrote:Same with the Pistons - Look how much better they were last season and that was compared to having a future hall of fame coach!

The Pistons were way worse last year. They should have won the conference easily with Larry Brown. But they were a disaster in the playoffs, where it really counts.
Previous

Return to Sports Board