Superstar
14%
Franchise
86%

Total votes : 7

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:32 am
Whats everyone think of the new madden game.

I'm loving the lead blocker feature and then cutting up the back with the slashing RB. Seen The Raiders havea bad Oline i signed up all the hall of fame vetrens like Gene Upshaw, Art Shell and Jim Otto they do all the blocking work while my created player Pegeal is rushing for big yardage.

I solved my QB issues by trading for Vince Young and it's really opened up my recieving corps.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:18 am
I'm not really into superstar mode, even tho it's better than last year. I like to build teams, and superstar is more about one player, and not the whole team.

As for the game... the lead blocking is cool the first few times, but it grows old quickly. I loved last year qb cone, tho, but I know a lot of people that hate it. This is year it's done the way it should have been (optional).

As for the game, they need to emphasize more the defense. Running is too easy, and the opposing qb is always good for one or two bombs per game, but only makes a 35% or so of their passes.

The gameplay gets a bit better with some sliders tweaking, but far from perfect yet.

Overall, I think it's a good version. Madden is good (almost) every year, but this one is not much different from last year's.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 pm
I ain't so sold on superstar. I mean yeah, it's pretty cool but it's nothing different then last years version. All they did was add a couple new videos and changed up where your last move in will be at. Other then that it's alright. I don't like the player lock during the game though.

Franchise mode is the same as last year. Maybe there's something different, iono, but I didn't see anything different other than it taking a minute or two just to do all the reassigning and failed player roles during the retired players screen. Other than that, I rule at that mode.

Running is easy like TMC said. Going head up against a defender is so easy to dodge. For xbox, just push the right stick up and you'll juke the defender.

Game isn't as different as last years. Depends what system you have for the it though. They all have different things to do especially if you have xbox 360.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:56 am
I got XBOX 360 and one of my favorite parts about the game is the hall of famer players available... however i would love if they had certain era teams (maybe i just have yet to unlock em)

My 1983 L.A Riaders would beat your 2002 Tampa Bay Bucaneers hands down TMC :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:21 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I ain't so sold on superstar. I mean yeah, it's pretty cool but it's nothing different then last years version. All they did was add a couple new videos and changed up where your last move in will be at. Other then that it's alright. I don't like the player lock during the game though.

But the point of the superstar mode is the player lock. It's supposed to follow the career of one player, not one full team. That's what franchise is for.

Not that I like the mode much, but the player lock is a good feature, IMO. In fact, it shouldn't allow you to play the other side of the game. Just when your player is in the game.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Franchise mode is the same as last year. Maybe there's something different, iono, but I didn't see anything different other than it taking a minute or two just to do all the reassigning and failed player roles during the retired players screen. Other than that, I rule at that mode.

Only new thing I saw are the player roles, but I haven't played nearly enough to know if they really affect the gameplay. And the draft is a bit different, you can do scouting through mini-games and play with the rookies before the draft... although you will still rely on the position projection for drafting.

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:My 1983 L.A Riaders would beat your 2002 Tampa Bay Bucaneers hands down TMC

No way. They're too old for that. They'd die on the field. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:26 am
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I ain't so sold on superstar. I mean yeah, it's pretty cool but it's nothing different then last years version. All they did was add a couple new videos and changed up where your last move in will be at. Other then that it's alright. I don't like the player lock during the game though.

But the point of the superstar mode is the player lock. It's supposed to follow the career of one player, not one full team. That's what franchise is for.

Not that I like the mode much, but the player lock is a good feature, IMO. In fact, it shouldn't allow you to play the other side of the game. Just when your player is in the game.

I thought the ending would be more detailed. Like in NCAA Football 06, you can play Race for the Heisman which is the "MVP" award of all of college football if you didn't know. It's just like the Superstar mode in Madden, but in the end if you win Heisman, they do a little ceremony for you. I mean the video of the Hall of Fame is pretty neat but I was expecting more at the end when you choose to retire.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Franchise mode is the same as last year. Maybe there's something different, iono, but I didn't see anything different other than it taking a minute or two just to do all the reassigning and failed player roles during the retired players screen. Other than that, I rule at that mode.

Only new thing I saw are the player roles, but I haven't played nearly enough to know if they really affect the gameplay. And the draft is a bit different, you can do scouting through mini-games and play with the rookies before the draft... although you will still rely on the position projection for drafting.[/quote]

Yeah, forgot about those. Isn't much of a difference. The thing about the mode is that there isn't any "suprises." What I've done before training camp starts is check for which teams have the least talent, then swap first rounders. Then by the end of the season, they go 2-14 and I end up with the first pick. Did that with the Cowboys and I absolutely love my 1st overall pick.

TMC wrote:
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:My 1983 L.A Riaders would beat your 2002 Tampa Bay Bucaneers hands down TMC

Uh oh, let's see who's forreal. :agrue: :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:55 pm
TMC wrote:

Uh oh, let's see who's forreal. :agrue: :)[/quote]

XbayWarrior maybe you can clarify this for TMC.

How many Superbowls did Tom Flores win?

&

How many losing seasons has John Gruden had? ( i don't know the answer to this bro, But the 2006 Tampa Bay Bucaneers absolutely suck )
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:16 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:XbayWarrior maybe you can clarify this for TMC.

&

How many losing seasons has John Gruden had? ( i don't know the answer to this bro, But the 2006 Tampa Bay Bucaneers absolutely suck )

Ok, ok, you have historical bragging rights... just don't look at your team right now. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:27 pm
TMC wrote:
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:XbayWarrior maybe you can clarify this for TMC.

&

Ok, ok, you have historical bragging rights... just don't look at your team right now. :mrgreen:

It's clear they both suck. But if they met, who do you think would win? No offense pawno, but uh, even with a 6th round draft choice at QB, I'm with Gruden, not Shell.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:29 pm
Man if they met that's one win i could pencil into the calander :)

I hope Tampa Bay make strides this season in improving not being the doormat of the NFC competition cause they won a suprbowl a couple of years ago
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:08 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:I hope Tampa Bay make strides this season in improving not being the doormat of the NFC competition cause they won a suprbowl a couple of years ago

Be honest, you only say so because you want the #1 pick for your Raiders. You're afraid of losing it to us.

Hey, wouldn't it be great?. First we beat you for the SB... and now for the #1 pick. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:37 pm
Man these have been the darkest days for the Raiders. I really hope Al Davis has gas in the tank cause i would be heartbroken if he passed away during a losing season.

You can try and beat us for the 1st pick, that be a exciting race but come December 31st we probably wouldn't need to choke to New York Jets cause they'll beat us anyways :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:26 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Man these have been the darkest days for the Raiders. I really hope Al Davis has gas in the tank cause i would be heartbroken if he passed away during a losing season.

You can try and beat us for the 1st pick, that be a exciting race but come December 31st we probably wouldn't need to choke to New York Jets cause they'll beat us anyways :)

Yeah, we should have the Loser Bowl or something to decide who gets to pick the queen... er, I mean, Quinn guy. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:32 pm
TMC wrote:
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Man these have been the darkest days for the Raiders. I really hope Al Davis has gas in the tank cause i would be heartbroken if he passed away during a losing season.

Yeah, we should have the Loser Bowl or something to decide who gets to pick the queen... er, I mean, Quinn guy. :mrgreen:

This could be another one of those "Bush Bowls," just with Quinn or whoever.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:03 am
I think its good but every year its good. i buy it every year as soon as it comes out
Next

Return to Sports Board