All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:06 am
rocket. yeah
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:00 pm
2 years. five million. skip-tmac-bonzi-howard-yao w/ battier off the bench is a heluva talented lineup
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:04 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:2 years. five million. skip-tmac-bonzi-howard-yao w/ battier off the bench is a heluva talented lineup

I think Battier will start at PF... or maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I've read.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:31 pm
I thought last year, after they signed Skip, that Houston was a sleeper. This only makes them stronger. I think they just locked the 8 seed... and could reach as high as the 5th or 6th, depending on McGrady's health.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:56 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:2 years. five million. skip-tmac-bonzi-howard-yao w/ battier off the bench is a heluva talented lineup

If battier doesn't play PF, he might be the one coming off the bench and Bonzi starting. At 6'8, Battier might be able to play some PF

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:15 pm
migya wrote:

If battier doesn't play PF, he might be the one coming off the bench and Bonzi starting. At 6'8, Battier might be able to play some PF

If Battier comes off the bench, that can bode really well for Houston. He could be like a McDyess. Houston is looking pretty stong...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:16 pm
migya wrote:If battier doesn't play PF, he might be the one coming off the bench and Bonzi starting. At 6'8, Battier might be able to play some PF

Against who? Ike?

Remember: his speciality is perimeter defense. He can't put a body on guys like Duncan and Garnett.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:44 pm
Big B wrote:
migya wrote:

If Battier comes off the bench, that can bode really well for Houston. He could be like a McDyess. Houston is looking pretty stong...

McDyess is likely going to be starting PF now but he was great for the Pistons off the bench soyea, maybe that is the best thing for the Rockets but likely they would have Bonzi off the bench

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:49 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:If battier doesn't play PF, he might be the one coming off the bench and Bonzi starting. At 6'8, Battier might be able to play some PF

Against who? Ike?

Remember: his speciality is perimeter defense. He can't put a body on guys like Duncan and Garnett.

What else are they going to do, play Juwan Howard at PF :oops:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:36 pm
Nice move. He has the option to opt out of his contract after one year though. Yao, Battier, Bonzi, Tmac, Alston. What's up now? Is Tmac the new secret scouter for the Rockets? Last year it was Stromile Swift and he didn't fair too well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:41 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Nice move. He has the option to opt out of his contract after one year though. Yao, Battier, Bonzi, Tmac, Alston. What's up now? Is Tmac the new secret scouter for the Rockets? Last year it was Stromile Swift and he didn't fair too well.

I tend to think Bonzi Wells is a bit more talented than Swift so it should be a little better contribution from him :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:19 pm
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:

Against who? Ike?

Yes...

He wasn't that bad last year. He's still a decent post scorer and rebounds well. It would be a better option than forcing Battier to guard much larger players (like Elton Brand, Dirk Nowitski, and Dwight Howard, to name a few).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:32 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:

Against who? Ike?

Yes...

He wasn't that bad last year. He's still a decent post scorer and rebounds well. It would be a better option than forcing Battier to guard much larger players (like Elton Brand, Dirk Nowitski, and Dwight Howard, to name a few).

Juwan Howard is a has been that was never that good! He is best carrying the drinks for them (he'll likely spill the shiit the cunnt)

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:52 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Nice move. He has the option to opt out of his contract after one year though.

That's a different thing. In essence, it's a one year contract. If he doesn't get injured and misses the season or some other disgrace, he'll have a career year in Houston, and he'll opt out to get his paycheck then.

Also, one think I hate about this signing is that it blocks the minutes for two players I wanted to see... Luther Head and Vassilis Spanoulis.

I still think they're not a contender yet. I don't like Battier at PF. I don't like Rafer at... well, doesn't matter. I don't like Rafer, period. They're a playoff team for sure, maybe a 5th or 6th seed, but I don't think they'll go past the second round.

Although that should feel like a championship to someone like McGrady with his history on the playoffs. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:36 am
I reckon it's a good signing for now and that at least will make the Rockets potentially better. The rest of the roster needs to prove themselves as there is really noone else that matters, Van Gundy included :mrgreen:

Next

Return to Sports Board