NBA 2006-'07 Projected Standings/Awards

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:03 pm
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:As much talent as I reckon Miles has, he is looking more and more like a headcase that will not get his head right ever in his nba career! I wouldn't do that trade, I'd trade dun for someone that has a proper attitude - Attitude is so important, it can make the difference in losing and winning

His attitude only popped up in Portland. Prior to being on the Blazer's roster, Darius was a damn good, enthusiastic player. I honestly think it's the team's post-tempo that's got him down. In Nelly's offense, a tall SF who can run and jump would be a major asset.

That could be the case but I wouldn't take a risk on him. I wanna see what the current group can do in nelson's style as they are built for the run and gun well!

You wouldn't give up Dunleavy and fillers for him? :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:41 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:As much talent as I reckon Miles has, he is looking more and more like a headcase that will not get his head right ever in his nba career! I wouldn't do that trade, I'd trade dun for someone that has a proper attitude - Attitude is so important, it can make the difference in losing and winning

His attitude only popped up in Portland. Prior to being on the Blazer's roster, Darius was a damn good, enthusiastic player. I honestly think it's the team's post-tempo that's got him down. In Nelly's offense, a tall SF who can run and jump would be a major asset.

That could be the case but I wouldn't take a risk on him. I wanna see what the current group can do in nelson's style as they are built for the run and gun well!

It would be a worthwhile trade just for getting rid of Dun's contract.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:30 pm
Exactly. If anything, we trade a bust for a bust. Miles could only flourish under Nelson, so I think it'd be a good deal.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:55 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:

You make it VERY tempting but Miles seems to have a worse attitude than dun so I wouldn't do that trade actually. It is vitally important to have good attitudes on the team

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:15 pm
I don't think Miles' attitude is worse than Baron Davis'. He's just unmotivated; he's not a trouble-maker.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:43 pm
#32 wrote:I don't think Miles' attitude is worse than Baron Davis'. He's just unmotivated; he's not a trouble-maker.

I think he would be! Nelson gets on a player if he has to and I reckon Miles would turn off and not give a shiit if that happened. Dun seems more mature than that

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:18 pm
Dunleavy is more mature than Miles; I'm not disputing that. What I don't agree with is that Miles is a Zach Randolph, Ron Artest type of trouble maker. I think he just has motivation issues (like Magloire, Baron Davis, and Vince Carter in Toronto). If his offense was more uptempo (like on the Clippers), he would probably still be playing awesome ball.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:33 am
Miles would add another fuked up freethrow shooter to an already fuked freethrow shooting team as well!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:46 am
migya wrote:Miles would add another fuked up freethrow shooter to an already fuked freethrow shooting team as well!

Don't forget the abortion of an outside shot he has... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:34 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Miles would add another fuked up freethrow shooter to an already fuked freethrow shooting team as well!

Abortion? You mean he gets biches pregnant then runs up to them when they least expect it and kicks them hard in the guts! :oops: :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:43 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Abortion? You mean he gets biches pregnant then runs up to them when they least expect it and kicks them hard in the guts! :oops: :mrgreen:

Yeah, that could be an acceptable graphical description of his outside shot. Wait till Steve Kerr reads this an uses it in a game. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:22 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, that could be an acceptable graphical description of his outside shot. Wait till Steve Kerr reads this an uses it in a game. :mrgreen:

Maybe a reference to Kobe and slut fuking will be mentioned :oops: :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:00 am

Don Nelson is fixing this problem. If he can demand results from Richardson and Davis, he can surely get them from Darius Miles.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:54 pm
#32 wrote:

Don Nelson is fixing this problem. If he can demand results from Richardson and Davis, he can surely get them from Darius Miles.

Trying to fix a mental based problem (usually is) is up to the individual more than anything else and though Baron and JRich will likely listen and really try to get better, the chances are Miles would ignore it all and just collect the money

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:55 pm
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:

Trying to fix a mental based problem (usually is) is up to the individual more than anything else and though Baron and JRich will likely listen and really try to get better, the chances are Miles would ignore it all and just collect the money

I dunno about that. Miles struggled his first bit under the new contract... but most players do. Look at Richardson and Murphy; they snapped out of it a month or so later.

Darius Miles was playing the best basketball of his life last season, prior to his injury. I think he's getting his swing back... which is why now would be the perfect time to trade for him. His trade value is still low, yet his results are coming back.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board