Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:06 pm
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Sebastian Telfair

Telfair is in Boston, buddy... that's why they got LaFrentz and Roy.

You're right; I was asleep at the wheel on that one.

And you really think Sergio will outrank Williams after this year, in terms of PG's from the draft?

It's hard in one year, being from a different country and all. Also, Sergio doesn't talk english yet. It's hard to adapt and be important for the team under those circunstances. But I'm sure he's going to be better in the long term. He's no Raul Lopez. I can tell that much (I never saw anything special in that guy, and still can't understand why the Jazz wasted a first rounder in him).

Also, as I've said before, Sergio can't defend at an NBA level yet. He'll be the best pg of the draft, but not this season. I'd say we'll have to wait three seasons.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:42 pm
Better than Foye?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:20 pm
#32 wrote:that being said, does anybody else think he'd be worth a trade for (Oregon's hometown boy) Mike Dunleavy and fillers? Could Don Nelson's run and gun stlye of play resurrect the lost career of Darius Miles? It could be beautiful, in my opinion. If Dunleavy plays up to his potential through midseason (and we can dangle another suitable piece of meat at Portland... say, Mickael Pietrus or Andris Biedrins?), they might be dumb enough to take that trade.

As much talent as I reckon Miles has, he is looking more and more like a headcase that will not get his head right ever in his nba career! I wouldn't do that trade, I'd trade dun for someone that has a proper attitude - Attitude is so important, it can make the difference in losing and winning

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 pm
Yeah especially with Baron around we don't want any players to have a run-in w/ Nelson.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:06 pm
John Patrick wrote:Better than Foye?

I'm not going to beleive anything from this crop of rookies until I see it! Sergi is hype and has to show what he has! Foye has been touted as the most complete of the PGs in the draft

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:06 pm
Which is why I was questioning why Serg was considered by TMC the best PG in the draft.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:13 pm
John Patrick wrote:Which is why I was questioning why Serg was considered by TMC the best PG in the draft.

TMC lives in Spain and so he has seen Sergio play alot. He would likely have a good idea of whether he is good or not but playing in the nba is a different story

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:47 am
Yeah college competition and now NBA might have tougher defense to make a PG look worse.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:19 am
John Patrick wrote:Better than Foye?

As a pg, sure. Probably worse at other things. Will be a worse scorer, possibly a worse defender... but much better pg. I think Marcus Williams will be a better pg than Foye, too. Again, I'm talking strictly as a pg.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:48 pm
migya wrote:As much talent as I reckon Miles has, he is looking more and more like a headcase that will not get his head right ever in his nba career! I wouldn't do that trade, I'd trade dun for someone that has a proper attitude - Attitude is so important, it can make the difference in losing and winning

His attitude only popped up in Portland. Prior to being on the Blazer's roster, Darius was a damn good, enthusiastic player. I honestly think it's the team's post-tempo that's got him down. In Nelly's offense, a tall SF who can run and jump would be a major asset.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:58 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:As much talent as I reckon Miles has, he is looking more and more like a headcase that will not get his head right ever in his nba career! I wouldn't do that trade, I'd trade dun for someone that has a proper attitude - Attitude is so important, it can make the difference in losing and winning

His attitude only popped up in Portland. Prior to being on the Blazer's roster, Darius was a damn good, enthusiastic player. I honestly think it's the team's post-tempo that's got him down. In Nelly's offense, a tall SF who can run and jump would be a major asset.

That could be the case but I wouldn't take a risk on him. I wanna see what the current group can do in nelson's style as they are built for the run and gun well!

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:06 pm
Yeah if a guy pops Nellie than it will be hell for the rest of the season or until he's moved.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:00 pm
John Patrick wrote:Yeah if a guy pops Nellie than it will be hell for the rest of the season or until he's moved.

The way Nelson's looking, wouldn't be surprised if he just popped spontaneously :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:01 pm
What do you think of that ricky rubio cat, TMC?
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:23 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:What do you think of that ricky rubio cat, TMC?

I'm not sure yet. It's too soon, he's only 15 years old and, for his age, he's the best player I've seen (in our country)... he single-handedly won an european championship (of his age) getting a quadruple-double and two triple-doubles in the way to the finals, and, in the final, he scored 51 points, grabbed 24 boards, dished 12 assists and had 7 steals. He even led the tourneament in all those stats.

He's been compared to Pistol Pete and even played a bit in our top league (garbage time, but that's pretty impressive for a 14 years old kid), but he's still in formation... He doesn't even have a postion yet. I'd wait a couple more years to have an opinion on him. Right now seems impressive, but it's way too soon to see how he'll fare against top talent.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board