Gore is better than Bush

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:14 pm
I saw some sign of potential in Frank Gore last year as the Niners RB.

And he's been more than what i even expected these first two games into the season. I think this kid is going to make headlines in the nearfuture if not this season.

Hes got some serious upside.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:15 pm
Welcome to what most of us Niners fans have been saying for the past year. :)
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:23 pm
wow, better than bush?

i love frank gore, but bush has a lot more upside.

gore's injuries (two reconstructed knees, surgies on both shoulders) scare me. but he's flat out getting it done right now; he's fun to watch.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:08 pm
DON'T FORGET - BUSH WON THE ELECTION OVER GORE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:25 pm
drfrank wrote:wow, better than bush?

i love frank gore, but bush has a lot more upside.

Agreed. Gore is probably a better recieving RB, but he isn't on Bush's level in terms of rushing.

drfrank wrote:gore's injuries (two reconstructed knees, surgies on both shoulders) scare me. but he's flat out getting it done right now; he's fun to watch.

Yeah, his shoulders take the brunt of it... but as long as he's healthy, he looks like he'll be one of the better RBs in the NFC.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:48 pm
migya wrote:DON'T FORGET - BUSH WON THE ELECTION OVER GORE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

HAHA yes yes
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:06 pm
That just seems crazy to say. Reggie Bush has exceptional talent. Have you seen him play at USC? That kid was fast, shakin and baking his defenders. It was just as bad as watching someone get crossed by Tim Hardaway. Reggie Bush could move the football no matter what way he went even if he didn't gothe directed route. I love Gore and all, but Bush is such a versitile guy. Hopefully he stays that way his whole career and doesn't suck like most Heismann winners have lately. I'm completely satisfied with my boy in Frank, not Al, Frank. :)
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:20 pm
Like I said, Frank Gore is probably a better reciever (and most likely can play the FB-style, powerback better) than Reggie... but you can't compare the two. Reggie Bush is a phenominal finese back... and Frank Gore's a guy that will turn 3 yards into 8 by carrying half the defense on his back. The two are both completely different running backs.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:36 pm
with all due respect #32, i think bush is a better receiver. he had 8 receptions yesterday and he can put put in the slot, somthing gore can't really do. the maybe they had equally good hands (thats a stretch because i've seen reggie bush snag balls out of the air like he was torry holt or something), but what seperates these two guys is speed. reggie has that burst which makes him a rb/wr. gore is just powerful. reggie will never, ever equal gore's strength as a runner.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:37 pm
Both are goog receivers out of the backfield. Reggie can catch from the backfield and slot receiving while Frank Gore seems more productive in the backfield receiving. Reggie makes 3 yards into 15 by burning and outsmarting the defense while like you said, Frank makes 3 into 8 yards with the defense on carried on his back. Both are phenomenal and will turn around a franchise's running game. Barlow is gone now, it's time for Mr. Gore to shine, and he's doing well with the open opportunity.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 am
drfrank wrote:with all due respect #32, i think bush is a better receiver. he had 8 receptions yesterday and he can put put in the slot, somthing gore can't really do. the maybe they had equally good hands (thats a stretch because i've seen reggie bush snag balls out of the air like he was torry holt or something), but what seperates these two guys is speed. reggie has that burst which makes him a rb/wr. gore is just powerful. reggie will never, ever equal gore's strength as a runner.

Yeah, I'm with drfrank. You just can't compare them. Bush is one of a kind (except for the dumbest team on earth... the Texans. Wonder how they feel about their pick now). Bush is a better all-around player. Better receiver, more shifty... Gore seems to run a bit harder, tho, but that's all. He doesn't have the big play potential Bush has.

That's not to say Gore is a bad player, far from that... He's going to be a very good rb for years. Just not on par with Reggie Bush.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:11 am
TMC wrote:
drfrank wrote:with all due respect #32, i think bush is a better receiver. he had 8 receptions yesterday and he can put put in the slot, somthing gore can't really do. the maybe they had equally good hands (thats a stretch because i've seen reggie bush snag balls out of the air like he was torry holt or something), but what seperates these two guys is speed. reggie has that burst which makes him a rb/wr. gore is just powerful. reggie will never, ever equal gore's strength as a runner.

Yeah, I'm with drfrank. You just can't compare them. Bush is one of a kind (except for the dumbest team on earth... the Texans. Wonder how they feel about their pick now). Bush is a better all-around player. Better receiver, more shifty... Gore seems to run a bit harder, tho, but that's all. He doesn't have the big play potential Bush has.

That's not to say Gore is a bad player, far from that... He's going to be a very good rb for years. Just not on par with Reggie Bush.

completely agree. i love the power game of Gore. i do agree bush has that big play potential moreso than frank. Bush has that barry sanders flare in him. i can see frank gore being like a marcus allen type.

i loved gore's upside so much last season that i wasn't even angry when the niners won their game over the texans.

i am however truly pist that the raiders passed up on leinart and now have an injured aaron brooks. :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:59 am
I'm not trying to make a case that Frank Gore is (or will be) on the same level as Reggie Bush; I was just trying to say that comparing one to the other doesn't really work because they're completely different RBs.

It's like comparing Magic Johnson to Muggsy Bogues. Their styles are just completely different. Gore is almost like a tiny, speedier FB... while Bush is everything a RB should be. He excells at every aspect of the position... and Gore brings something new to it that not many others have done before (see Jerome 'The Bus' Bettis).

... And, no, I'm not saying Gore will be the next JB either. I'm just saying he's more similar to Bettis than Bush.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:31 pm
Reggie Bush is a much better receiver than Gore. He has better hands and enough speed to line up in the slot, something Gore could never do.

That is not to say Gore is a bad receiver, Bush is just in a check down class out of this world.

With all that in mind though, Gore should be the better back because he can carry the ball 30 times a game. Bush might have a better season or two in the near future, but Gore's games doens't depend on speed which will make him more effective in the long run (i.e #32's example of Bettis).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:40 am
Thunder wrote:With all that in mind though, Gore should be the better back because he can carry the ball 30 times a game. Bush might have a better season or two in the near future, but Gore's games doens't depend on speed which will make him more effective in the long run (i.e #32's example of Bettis).

On the other side, the Saints have a monster called Deuce McAllister to split carries with Bush... That alone will add 3-4 years to his career.

F*ck, everybody on the NFC south is loaded and we're getting old on defense and predictable on offense... I hope that, at the end of the season, the Glazers have the common sense to fire Gruden and give the head coach position to Monte Kiffin.
Next

Return to Sports Board