The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:07 pm
"would someone be so kind as to remove his *****?"

he should talk to my old, old pre-calculus teacher, he/she/it would probably tell him all about the expectations.

what can be expected from gradowski, didn't he go to school in ohio? he probably sucks then.

tmc, honestly bro, i feel for ya. maybe you can adopt the saints as your team. i know i can't help but root for them. they've shut down ron mexico thus far. but i've only seen like 2 plays, just got back from the gym. back to the game!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:24 pm
drfrank wrote:"would someone be so kind as to remove his *****?"

he should talk to my old, old pre-calculus teacher, he/she/it would probably tell him all about the expectations.

what can be expected from gradowski, didn't he go to school in ohio? he probably sucks then.

tmc, honestly bro, i feel for ya. maybe you can adopt the saints as your team. i know i can't help but root for them. they've shut down ron mexico thus far. but i've only seen like 2 plays, just got back from the gym. back to the game!!!

Gradowski was impressive in the preseason. Though he didn't face the first team offenses. Unless they want to go to the 4th quarter choker in Rattay, this will be their only option. This will be a long year TMC. :banghead:

So I went 10-4 this week. Both ATL and NE lost. I was really pulling for the Saints though. I thought the Falcons were going to take this one but I guess ain't no one gonna come in and spoil the homecoming of the Saints in the Superdome. Always great to see something like this happen. If you thought crack kills, watch how well NO's defense pressured Vick and stopped Dunn.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:11 am
drfrank wrote:what can be expected from gradowski, didn't he go to school in ohio? he probably sucks then.

Yeah, it's official, even tho they are a division rival, I'm rooting for the Saints this whole season (except when they face the Bucs, obviously). I've been bashing their defense the whole year, but they are 3-0 after destroying Atlanta at the Dome... and we play there our next game (which means we could be 0-4 after it).

About Gradkowski, you're right, he played for Toledo (Ohio) and was our 6th round pick this year... and still beat Rattay in preseason. That shoul give an idea on how bad Rattay has been, more than about Grads talent. Gruden seems to be high on him... but as he has never developed a qb (Gannon, Brad Johnson, Griese... Simms was the only one that wasn't already a vet), I don't know if that's good or bad. I'm rooting for him, tho. If he plays well enough we wouldn't have to go for a qb on the next draft.

btw, Gruden has said that Simms could even be back this season, at some time during December... On one side, I don't think he should, as we should be well out of the playoffs by then, but I want to see him recovered as soon as possible, so those are great news.

btw (part deux), who's going to accept being the next Madden cover?. The jinx is just too much... not even a frigging rb can't get over it. They should pick someone that can't go any lower... LeCharles Bentley or Simms would be good picks. That way the would show there's no jinx. I mean, their seasons can't be much worse, can they? Also, putting an O-Lineman on the cover would be great... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:09 am
I have updated the records in the first page of the thread (second post). I think they're the right ones, but feel free to tell me if I made a mistake somewhere, or if I left someone out...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:42 pm
good tipping Xbay Warrior.

If we gonna take this competition seriously i got to stop voting on teams like Jacksonville and TAMPA MOTHERFUQ'N BAY and start doing the safe bets.

Oh well next week i will rise to xbay Warriors level and leave my friend TMC eating my shiiit on the bottom rung of the ladder
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:45 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:good tipping Xbay Warrior.

If we gonna take this competition seriously i got to stop voting on teams like Jacksonville and TAMPA MOTHERFUQ'N BAY and start doing the safe bets.

Oh well next week i will rise to xbay Warriors level and leave my friend TMC eating my shiiit on the bottom rung of the ladder

So I guess that means you will be voting against the Raiders from now on, won't you? :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:16 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:good tipping Xbay Warrior.

Good to see that happen OG. Here's my picks for this upcoming week...

Arizona at Atlanta...no way in hell are they going to lose with the pass rush they have against a horrible O-Line. They'll look to rebound this week.

Dallas at Tennessee...with or without T.O, they'll get the job done.

Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets...the Jets have been impressive but the Colts are the better team. I'm seeing a big day from Wayne after the death of his brother.

Miami at Houston...maybe Culpepper will have a fun day like Brunell did last week? No? Well they shouldn't lose to the Texans anyway. First sack of the year for Mario Williams, yes?

Minnesota at Buffalo...Losman will be out of Buffalo in no time. Just watch this game and you'll know what I mean.

New Orleans at Carolina...It's simple people, Carolina Panthers Offense + Steve Smith = Better, more confident, dangerous offense. The Saints have good D but they'll get the true test for passing defense against the recieving tandem the Panthers have in Smith and Johnson.

San Diego at Baltimore...fierce battle but I'm going with the Chargers. McNair has slipped quite a bit when under pressured. And I'm pretty sure Rivers will feel the pressure too against the Ravens D but I'm more sold on SD for this one.

San Francisco at Kansas City...under Croyle, I just don't see them winning another game unless Green is the QB. Don't care who's running the ball, KC just lost another lineman, this team is in trouble.

Detroit at St. Louis...after watching the Packs/Lions game, there's no doubt in my mind who's the winner. What horrible pass coverage on the first GB offensive drive. And what makes anyone think that if they let a 36-37 year old Farve throw 4 TD's on you, there's no telling how many Bulger will put up with Holt and Bruce. Back on the "Fire Millen" chants?

Cleveland at Oakland..yes, the Browns are my pick, why? It's not that I hate the Raiders, it's just that Cleveland put one helluva fight against the Ravens? Whoa, the Ravens? They almost beat the Ravens? What? If the Raiders can score only FG's against the Ravens and the Browns can score TD's...well you know where I'm going with this one.

Jacksonville at Washington...Maurice Drew will become such a big late round steal. Love his days in UCLA. Anyway, as much as the Redskins finally got their O clicking, don't forget, it was against the Texans. And we all know how bad the Texan's pass D is. And the way the Jags man handled the Steelers and came close to beating the Colts, no way are they going to lose. They might have Saunders but Jacksonville has a solid D-Line and DB's. And with Del Rio around they ain't gonna lose to the 'Skins.

New England at Cincinnati...I have a slight feeling the Pats will rebound after the loss to the Broncos but if you saw, they couldn't stop Plummer and his outside targets and couldn't stop Tatum Bell. Look to see T.J., Chad, Palmer, and Rudi to have solid days.

Seattle at Chicago...Alexander gone leaves Morris for the ground work. That's not good news even though Morris has the potential to put up over 100+ yards. But against this Bears defense? No. Hasselbeck will have to trust the passing game too much and Lovie Smith loves interceptions.

Green Bay at Philadelphia...losing to the Packers would be such an embarrassment. To even think they'll lose to the defensiveless Packers is crazy. Stallworth should be back and the Eagles' true tests come later on this season.
Last edited by xbay on Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:37 pm
^ nice picks. i pretty much agree on all of them.

i'm going with COWGIRLS over titans and FALCAN'Ts over cardinals.

tmc, i'm aware of how bad tim rattay is but i didn't know he was 6th round out of ohio, bad.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:38 pm
drfrank wrote:^ nice picks. i pretty much agree on all of them.

tmc, i'm aware of how bad tim rattay is but i didn't know he was 6th round out of ohio, bad.

I rather go with Rattay than Gradowski. Much more experienced and can excel if he has talent around him. He has just that in Tampa. Unless Gradowski can pull off a Kyle Orton, then this team is done for the year. They'll win maybe, depending on who they're playing.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:59 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
drfrank wrote:^ nice picks. i pretty much agree on all of them.

I rather go with Rattay than Gradowski. Much more experienced and can excel if he has talent around him. He has just that in Tampa. Unless Gradowski can pull off a Kyle Orton, then this team is done for the year. They'll win maybe, depending on who they're playing.

We're already done for the year. And Rattay was our fourth stringer last year. Even Luke McCown was above him in the depth chart. I don't know what happens, as we haven't seen him play much, but Gruden just doesn't seem to like the guy. He has given him no chance so far. I'm still wondering why we traded for him.

Anyways, I'm ok with Gradkowski starting. It's not like we're going anywhere, and Rattay won't be here next season, so, at least, we get to see what kind of player the rookie is.

drfrank, should I count you in for the pick'em?... Same picks as xBayAreaWarriorx? (btw, I think we should be able to change picks till saturday, just in case there are injuries or something along the week).

My picks:

Arizona at Atlanta.- Leinart's first start, behind that O-Line and at Atlanta, who will have to win this one after the poor outing at New Orleans?. Doesn't look good for the Cards.

Dallas at Tennessee.- Tennesse sucks. Badly.

Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets.- The Jets are better than anyone thought at the beginning of the season... but not enough to beat the Colts.

Miami at Houston.- Houston has the worst defense of the NFL... 'Nuff said.

Minnesota at Buffalo.- Battle of defenses... and I think Losman will make more mistakes than Brad Johnson.

New Orleans at Carolina.- New Orleans has won in Carolina the last two seasons (pretty easily, in fact). The also seem to be playing better than expected. Exactly the opposite than Carolina... even we could have won against them if not for Kasay's career game.

San Diego at Baltimore.- It would be different if this were a playoff game... in the regular season Shottenheimer doesn't suck as much. Baltimore's offense seemed just marginally better than last year against the Browns.

San Francisco at Kansas City.- This is a game that will be decided just by where it's played. It would be different if the game weren't at Arrowhead.

Detroit at St. Louis.- Detroit is worse than I though it would be (on defense)... and St. Louis is better than I though it would be (overall)... so it's another easy pick.

Cleveland at Oakland.- Another of those games whose outcome changes pending on where it's played. The Browns are tough... in Cleveland and without injuries. Also, Oakland will win against someone this year, won't they?

Jacksonville at Washington.- Jacksonville is one of the best teams of the league. They just need to score the frigging field goals. I think they would have won at Indy if not for the kicker.

New England at Cincinnati.- Cincy is pretty banged up on D, but still makes enough plays... and the offense is scary.

Seattle at Chicago.- Chicago's D may be enough to get them to the Superbowl. I like Mo Morris, but this is not the best place to shine. The Seahawks better go against Charles Tillman all day, 'cos he's the weakest link of the Bear's defense.

Green Bay at Philadelphia.- The loss against the Giants was a fluke. It won't happen again... at least, not against the Packers.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:52 am
Arizona @ @LANTA- Vick can rush and there's no one in Arizona's Front 7 formation that stands out to me that can stop him from getting 1st downs. Throw in the real DUNleaving opponents behind and no doubt ATL gonna score every possession on the rush

Dallas @ TENNESSEE- Kerry Collins beat the Cowboys last season, there's no doubt he can do it again ( even though the recieving corp ain't as impressive ) If Tennessee loses everybody wins cause it means Vince You ng arrives on the mainstage in week 5.

INDY @ New York Jets- I want to pick the Jets but until Payton falls off a motorcycle with no helmet and until the Jets pick up someone like Polamalu for there secondary, they just not gonna beat a team like Indy ( Had to give the Steelers a shoutout seen it looks like a bye week )

Miami @ HOUSTON- Worse Defense TMC? Even though it's pretty bad. Miami ain't to crash hot. a guy like Mario Williams won't want to live in Reggies shadow forever. i'm guessing breakout game coming.

Minesota @ BUFFALO- My favorite movie is Dances with the Wolves, how can i not barrack for the TATANKAS ( Even though they're almost extinct )
Best special team in the league and the Bills should be able to take care of business at home.

NAWLEANES @ Carolina- McAllistar and Bush is a two headed monster of a running game and throw in that monster arm of Brees... i'm guessing road upset.

San Diego @ BALTIMORE- Hmm these next 2 picks are not based on stats or records but rather for my love of Oakland Raiders. i must believe in my team and i must get my chottenheimer and Herm Edwards voodoo doll and stick needles into these 2 evil forces. Baltimore doesn't have the best QB and Philip Rivers has played allright... But Ray Lewis and company will be the one team to shut down LT. ( and keep Oakland in the hunt )

49ERS @ Kansas City- Did you hear about Tony G slipping on that bananna peel? Well i didn't have a Tony G voodoo doll but i knew some big gorilla security gaurd at arrowhead and payed him to be on my payroll ( Is Trent Green still out ?)

Detroit @ STLOUIS- Is that Nelly selling bandaid hotdogs??? Change the channel fool... i think there's a repeat of Sex in the City! ( Thanks StLouis for opening week defeat of the mighty Broncos :-)

Cleveland @ OAKLAND- This ain't the DAWGPOUND BITCH. Welcome to the BLACKHOLE FUQQERS. Aaron Brooks watches him lose his own job from the sideline as Andrew Walter makes a few connections to Randy Moss

JACKSONVILLE @ Washington- It's not good walking into DC and expecting to play in that hostile enviroments. But this is Washington and not Indy... they gonna have a nice stretch soon of homegames. (meaning wins.

NEW ENGLAND @ Cincinnati- Bellechick doesn't like losing to the Broncos at home!!! good session at training this week and Tom Brady can thread the needle through this defense. I think Chad Johnson will have an array of dances for his Touchdown celebrations. But this will also be Carson Palmers first real tough Defense playing against. Hopefully the Patriots i love to hate turn up.

Seattle @ CHICAGO- Madden Curse, Madden Curse! ( They need more Defensive players on EA SPORTS Cover, The day they put Warren Sapp or Michael Strathan on the cover is the day QB's retire from Pro football fearing for there lives from megastar DEFENSIVE juggernauts making there working conditions harder )

Greenbay @ PHILADELPHIA- It's now or never for the Packers. they need to win. as bad as a season Brett Favre will have i don't think he will retire.

BRONCOS vs STEELERS (BYE GAME) Am i missing any for this match of bye week round. I think John Cena will come out with a ladder and help Steelers crawl back into contention. Whilst i think the Broncos will have Jake the Snake Roberts enter leftstage and show them how it feels being on the bottom of the AFC WEST as Oakland is going to overtake them and the Chiefs soon to battle it out for AFCWEST powerhouse with Chargers

And like i've said before i will be most happy with Oakland recording there 1st win of the season before Tampa Bay. Anything for them to reminisence on just how far they've fallen from winning superbowl and losing wildcard game to Redskins last season on brilliant Redskins Defense and special teams.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:29 am
does terrell owens' suicide attempt hinder dallas' chance in winning this week? hopefully they are not distracted.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:32 pm
drfrank wrote:does terrell owens' suicide attempt hinder dallas' chance in winning this week? hopefully they are not distracted.

Against Tennesse?, you gotta be kidding.

Remember... the Titans. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:42 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:And like i've said before i will be most happy with Oakland recording there 1st win of the season before Tampa Bay. Anything for them to reminisence on just how far they've fallen from winning superbowl and losing wildcard game to Redskins last season on brilliant Redskins Defense and special teams.

::lol:

Vindictive f*cker... like it's our fault the Raiders are wandering aimlessly through the NFL. :mrgreen:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:56 pm
you want to battle with movie titles?

remember the titans....

i got one for ya.

any given sunday. any team can beat any team. they're all professionals. minus terrence kiel the drug pusher.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board