The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:09 am
Yeah, I am a bit disappointed he was fired... I wanted the broncos to suffer more with him coaching.

Paraphrasing an ESPN Article I read:
* Apparently, there are several patriot sources that have said that he was incredibly dilusional. He would tell people he "made tom brady who he was" (every though brady was a 2x superbowl winner before McDaniels arrived).
* Also, I guess Charlie Weis is considered in the NFL the biggest "arrogant prick" in the business for the last several years. However, when McDanials was in the spotlight, coaches gave the new title to McDaniels. Even one went so far to call Weis bashful when comparing him to McDaniels.

So, us as fans saw who this guy was from the beginning. I am glad coaches did too. I don't blame Todd Haley yelling at this dude, he probably deserved it.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:06 pm
Well, this should make everyone who wanted us (49ers) to lose last game to Cards feel at least a little better:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/stor ... pn_5995754

Luck staying in Stanford.

He will miss 55 million $ that he was bound to have this year, cause next year there will be a rookie cap. This thing with Harbaugh and Luck is getting crazier every day.
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 pm
yeah the luck thing is baffling... It makes no sense anyway you look at it...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:03 pm
lol, Teebow applauds Luck's decision... Feeling threatened with your team having the no. 2 pick, are we Tim?

All Star
Poster Credit: 18
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:51 pm
Regardless if Andrew Luck wants to get his degree or cherish the college life, take the money, take the new challenge, makes no sense none.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:37 am
I agree with Lucks decision (ok,ok, i'm bias.... go Cardinal!)

IN OTHER NEWS, The Broncos want to interview John Fox for their head coach position... apparently, they still want to lose.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:53 pm
Seahags and ain'ts game is actually pretty close. Looks like I should have taken the seahags with that 10 point spread...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:06 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:I agree with Lucks decision (ok,ok, i'm bias.... go Cardinal!)

IN OTHER NEWS, The Broncos want to interview John Fox for their head coach position... apparently, they still want to lose.

John Fox is a quality coach Mr.C

He coached in the toughest division & one of the Panthers main guys was injured all year (Jeff Otah, Offensive Tackle)

I don't imagine his presence would of led to a lot more wins, but had Otah been out there, I'm sure they would of finished with a better record.

Panthers are in rebuild mode... But Fox is a respected HC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:55 am
I wouldn't get fox as a head coach. certainly as an assistant, but not as a coach. This is a league that coaches need to show what they have done lately. Fox led Carolina to the worst record in Football this year.

I give Fox respect because he is an Aztec (SDSU), but I always thought that he made some stupid decisions that prevented his team from winning it all. (Sort of like Jim Caldwell of the Colts yesterday, calling that final timeout when the Jets were going to run out the clock and attempt a 49 yard field goal. Instead, they had an easy 32 yarder).
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:56 pm
Never thought that i would be rooting for the packers, but anything to prevent the settlers from getting their 7th SB.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:30 am
JREED wrote:Never thought that i would be rooting for the packers, but anything to prevent the settlers from getting their 7th SB.

I'm probably gonna do the same, though, I kind of wish that this Superbowl never happened. ](*,) ::lol:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:00 am
must hurt rooting for Aaron Rodgers. i mean Mike Nolan was informed by Mike McCarthy that this guy is the real deal.
Yet you guys chose to go and get alex smith instead.

But anyone from the bay area should cheer hard for this kid. Think about how long ago it was when he had the world on his shoulder when favre left town & he wsaas expected to carry the state pf winsconsin on his shoulders.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:03 am
plus im a huge woodson fan from his days in oakland. is there any former niners players or coaches featuring on the upcoming superbowl?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 pm
PAWNO wrote:plus im a huge woodson fan from his days in oakland. is there any former niners players or coaches featuring on the upcoming superbowl?

You just named one - McCarthy, who passed on Rodgers just as much as Nolan did. Yeah it is a little bit of a sore subject since I a huge Cal fan and was certain that Aaron would be the best QB in that draft. At least we've never thrown away a pick like the JaMarcus pick... Alex is still in the league after all.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm
Jeff fisher got the axe today, odd timing since so many candidates are settled in already. It would be one thing if they were a big market team that could reach out and get a big name like Bill Cowher or Chucky. My guess is that they'll be left with scraps - at least 5 years of sucking coming your way Nashville.

Kind of crazy that the elite running backs of this generation (beginning with LT now on to CJ) will probably never win a SB... says something about the style of football that wins these days.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board