The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 pm
PAWNO wrote:
JREED23 wrote:It's funny how so many fans dislike the broncos even more over the past couple of seasons when they are trying to acquire all of these "character" guys, hey assh@le(s) you're trying to field a competitive football team not a f*cking girl scout troop! I'm right there to - McDaniels came in and dismantled a roster that could have been a contender for years and he went about it in a scumbag, arrogant, all-mighty way. Like this douche bag knows something that the rest of the league doesn't. Nothing that they have done in the past 2 years has made any sense - not to mention having one of the worst/retarded drafts in history - how many times did they trade down, only to trade all those picks to move back up a couple of places to get a player that NOBODY WANTED!?!?

Your 110% correct Beast. I think I might hate the Broncos more than the Raiders at this point and I hope they go 0-16.

For the record, HALLOWEEN at Wembley Stadium, I will be cheering for the Niners to beat the Broncos.

Granted that i want Darryl Dawkins to bust apart Vernon Davis ACL & Granted i want Patrick Willis to lay out a Headknock to Tim Tebow so great that McDaniels performs CPR on him... I will be cheering for a Niners victory that day :)

Comon man, you never root for injury - especially if you ever played football you know that no matter how much you hate a guy you never want to see someone get hurt. It's not the NBA where you sit out 10 games for a sore figure - when guys get hurt in the NFL it's serious.

Like I've said before I don't really hate the Raiders as much as I once did - Actually I hate several teams more than the Raiders - I don't even know if they are in my top 10 any more. teams I hate more:

1. NFC West (cept 9ers of course)
4. Pats
5. Steelers
6. Cowboys
7. Packers
8. Broncos
9. Raiders - so just barely in there at no. 9

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:40 pm
JREED23 wrote:The Broncos star pass rusher, Elvis Dumervil, sustained a torn pectoral muscle and will likely miss the entire season. Rough for the Broncos who just gave this guys a massive contract for over $43 mil guaranteed over 5 years. Good news for you Raider fans and AFC West QBs!

Heard on the radio, Dumervil had 17 sacks last season, accounting for 43% of teams total, wheels coming off over in Denver, good news for the rest of the league.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:56 am
JREED23 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
JREED23 wrote:It's funny how so many fans dislike the broncos even more over the past couple of seasons when they are trying to acquire all of these "character" guys, hey assh@le(s) you're trying to field a competitive football team not a f*cking girl scout troop! I'm right there to - McDaniels came in and dismantled a roster that could have been a contender for years and he went about it in a scumbag, arrogant, all-mighty way. Like this douche bag knows something that the rest of the league doesn't. Nothing that they have done in the past 2 years has made any sense - not to mention having one of the worst/retarded drafts in history - how many times did they trade down, only to trade all those picks to move back up a couple of places to get a player that NOBODY WANTED!?!?

Your 110% correct Beast. I think I might hate the Broncos more than the Raiders at this point and I hope they go 0-16.

For the record, HALLOWEEN at Wembley Stadium, I will be cheering for the Niners to beat the Broncos.

Granted that i want Darryl Dawkins to bust apart Vernon Davis ACL & Granted i want Patrick Willis to lay out a Headknock to Tim Tebow so great that McDaniels performs CPR on him... I will be cheering for a Niners victory that day :)

Comon man, you never root for injury - especially if you ever played football you know that no matter how much you hate a guy you never want to see someone get hurt. It's not the NBA where you sit out 10 games for a sore figure - when guys get hurt in the NFL it's serious.

Like I've said before I don't really hate the Raiders as much as I once did - Actually I hate several teams more than the Raiders - I don't even know if they are in my top 10 any more. teams I hate more:

1. NFC West (cept 9ers of course)
4. Pats
5. Steelers
6. Cowboys
7. Packers
8. Broncos
9. Raiders - so just barely in there at no. 9

Well, I am a raider fan, but i have the niners as the second team i root for (its a big gap though, but being from the bay, i like both teams). Probably the Colts are my de-facto good team i root for, because Manning is my favorite player.

As for teams i hate the most, my list really resembles yours.

1. Broncos (division)
2. Patriots
3. Chargers (division)
4. KC (division)
5. Steelers
6.Cowboys.
7. Redskins
8. Jets
9. Packers.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:34 am
I'm a 49ers fan, though I don't hate Raiders. And I'll agree with Mr. C on the Colts, I like them also, though, not because of Peyton.

1. Cowboys
2. Rams
3. Cardinals (they might be 2nd)
4. Packers
5. Seahawks
6. Steelers
7. Giants

Something like that would be my list of most unlikeable teams.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:08 pm
Bengals are on a lot of peoples "most unlikable" though I love them.

Pacman + T.O. + Bryant + Whoever else on defense + Andre Smith's Titties = success
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:11 pm
@JREED23 - Usually i wouldn't cheer for injuries man, as you do want to see the best players out on the field doing there thang... But come on bro, How can a Raider fan honestly enjoy a Niners v Broncos match considering the rivalries they have between the 2. HMMM... OK No injuries for the NINERS, But if Patrick Willis sends a BRONCO off on a Medical Cart, then you heard it here first... I will buy some NINERS Apparell :-P

WOW Can't believe i'm making a "NEGATIVE" list... This feels like something the Englishman would of made.

1.Broncos/Chargers (DIVISION)
3. Patriots - Thanks Ref
4. Steelers - Thanks Ref
5. Seahawks (old AFC WEST Division Rival)
6. Cowboys
7. Niners

I guess while i'm at it, i'll list the teams i got time for ....

BROWNS - I like any football team that has a BULLDOG as there embelem, the Rugby Club i play for in Brisbane is the WEST BULLDOGS... Plus Cleveland has less luck then Oakland when it comes to football games going there way.. You gotta respect there fans braving the cold & cheering on in the DAWGPOUND! I've never been one to jump on a bandwagon, But this is my team 2 in the NFL & i will follow these guys til the day i die. (OTHER NOTABLE BULLDOGS are John Stockton : Gonzaga University, George Clooney LEATHERHEADS )

I also like the Philadelphia Eagles, Last 10 year gap (when T.O departed) they've always had solid ball clubs & play in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL at the moment!!!
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:01 am
Haynsworth passed his conditioning test. Its a miracle!
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:11 am
Philly was crazy to get rid of Mcnabb within their division. Its gonna cost them one win at least. And
you hold on to Vick? Kolb might be the right guy, but a trade within your own division? Heres a Lions
fan most hated list.

1. packers, bears, vikes
2. cowboys
3. broncos
4. raiders
5. seahawks
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:17 am
The 49ers are getting screwed by having a "home" game in London. The NFL is doing just fine in
this country without putting a wrench into some teams season to try to broaden its exposure. NFL
europe got shut down so it doesnt seem to have the international appeal as the other sports.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:09 am
I hate it when the NFL does this "London" game... They should be doing this with a Preseason game and not giving an advantage/disadvantage to each team involved.
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:01 pm
mullin17 wrote:The 49ers are getting screwed by having a "home" game in London. The NFL is doing just fine in
this country without putting a wrench into some teams season to try to broaden its exposure. NFL
europe got shut down so it doesnt seem to have the international appeal as the other sports.

Being from Europe, I can say that "American" football as it is called here is getting quite popular. You see, you think that NFL Europe failure means that people here don't like the game, and that is wrong. I guess you don't know that you have leagues in Europe, and almost every country have teams. The difference is that now they have their players playing, and a few Americans, not the other way around. It just doesn't have even close media attention as NFL Europe did. Though, the interest in the game in Europe started still not so long ago, and it is expanding rapidly, maybe in the future media part will change as well.

Still, a lot of people prefer soccer...but, they'll understand what is better with time. :)

Anyway, after all of what I said, I agree that game in London shouldn't be played, at least during the regular season. At least they're not hosting a PO game. ::lol:
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:12 pm
Should be that all 32 teams have to play over in London once a year (16 games) and alternate every season between home/away games. So Team A looses a home game the first year then next year it counts as an away game and the season ticket holders should not have to pay for the game. This is the only way i see the London games being fair. The London games are already a financial success and it will help generate more international appeal.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:55 pm
Yeah, there should be some balance on this.... maybe the NFL can impliment a 17th game during the season, and every team has 1 game at a neutral site. But i dont see this being introduce in the new Collective Bargaining Agreement. I know the league wants 18 games.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 pm
The NFL is thinking more money, more exposure as mentioned above, but its all about that money, at the cost of tarnishing the traditional schedule that does not mess up the home field advantage among many things. Then you have to factor the fatigue of the traveling, adjusting and then coming back home. Its a nice gesture to expand and give a chance for Europeans to watch NFL live but if that was my team that had to do that I wouldn't be too pleased, with only 16 games in the season everyone matters and every advantage matters. Sacrifice by NFL teams, but a gain for European fans and the NFL, as Guybrush mentioned NFL is getting bigger over in Europe already.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:15 pm
Don't want any more regular season games added ... saying bye to EVERY single record, ever. Outside of Super Bowl wins.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board