The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:41 pm
LOL ask PAWNO

I'm pretty sure there's a thread in off topic called "Ask Beasts"

& judging by my life and the need to sort **** out, i should be the one asking questions :P
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:40 am
Yahoo Sports wrote:Detroit Lions rookie DT Ndamukong Suh(notes) says he won’t stage a holdout into training camp, but his selection of an agent suggests that just what’s in store.

Only one of agent Eugene Parker’s last 18 first-round picks has reported to training camp on time.

"I’m not a guy that likes to be a part of drama," Suh told the Omaha World-Herald. "I definitely don’t want to hold out."

Looks like I spoke too soon we I said...
JREED23 wrote:yeah looks like he learned his lesson, what a douche...

Referring to Eugene Parker's decision to encouraging his client, Crabtree, to hold out last season.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:30 am
Eugene Parker also has Dez Bryant who was 1st to sign... but yeah, Suh is taking longer than anticipated and as oh now both sides are not close
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:20 pm
Reivus holds out another day in NY. Haynseworth is still fat in DC. Reivus needs to get
paid.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:11 pm
mullin17 wrote:Reivus holds out another day in NY. Haynseworth is still fat in DC. Reivus needs to get
paid.

Arguably the best DB in the league only compared to Asumugha, better pay the the man and soon, as far as Haynseworth am sure the redskins are regret signing him to big money.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:26 pm
Revis seems to be fortunate in the style of Defense he plays...

Asomugha i think could have those style of stats if the raidrs played a little of zone, but seen Asomugha plays in a philosphy which is man to man 24/7/365... Quarterbacks just don't throw to the man he is covering.

I still think in the conversation when Asomugha and Revis are discussed as who's better, then the name Charles Woodson is the lead argument everytime. Not only is he a great playmaker and a threat to return for a TD, But that dude can tackle with the best of them.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 pm
Darrelle Revis plays man to man against the other teams #1 the entire game. The advantage he has over Nnamdi is he covers both sides of the field.. Nnamdi stays on one side. Nnamdi also doesn't have Darrelle's ball skills.

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Nnamdi
3. Woodson
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Darrelle Revis plays man to man against the other teams #1 the entire game. The advantage he has over Nnamdi is he covers both sides of the field.. Nnamdi stays on one side. Nnamdi also doesn't have Darrelle's ball skills.

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Nnamdi
3. Woodson

Hmm i don't know about your ball skills comment beastmode.

2 different systems the guys come from, when your the JETS and a team that can lead and win ball games, of course opposing Quarterbacks will tend to throw the ball.
But when your the raiders of the last few years and opponents are so far ahead on the scoreboard that they basically run 3 downs (to milk the clock) it doesn't give a lot of opportunity to show Asomugha to show his ball skills.

I still think Charles Woodson is no.1 ... Kind of like comparing Quarterbacks, Me & you can argue about Dres Brees & Matt Schuab being who's better (the guy with more yards or the guy with more TD's)
But at the end of the day Woodson = Payton Manning/Tom Brady (def not a flavour of the month, but a top 3 talent for the last 10 years or so)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:36 pm
Just curious what all of you think about the Brett Favre txt message situation/scandal. First he allegedly sends a text message saying that he wont be coming back then today I guess he said he never sent it. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt - Favre maybe a dumbass sometimes and incredibly indecisive but I've never taken him for a liar. I also can't see Mr. Emotional-Press Conference making any kind of announcement via SMS. To further any belief that the text message was from Favre, the Minneapolis Star Tribune (who broke the text message story in the first place) reported that the Vikings are offering Favre up to $20 mill next season ($7 million more than what he is due to make).

I know all the speculation about Favre this time of year gets pretty old but this is actually a pretty interesting side story.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 pm
Yeah, the brett farve drama has gotten really old (like brett). But, with that said, i still enjoy watching brett farve, even with his age and ego and the drama that entails. Brett is a legend that is a once in a lifetime player who just isnt getting hurt and is playing football at a quality level for almost 20 years. That's amazing. The Manning Brothers have nice streaks too, but it will be at least 7 years after Farve's retirement until older manning has a shot of beating Farves ironman record, and maybe that much time to break his records. All assuming Manning doesnt get hurt at all.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:05 am
The Broncos star pass rusher, Elvis Dumervil, sustained a torn pectoral muscle and will likely miss the entire season. Rough for the Broncos who just gave this guys a massive contract for over $43 mil guaranteed over 5 years. Good news for you Raider fans and AFC West QBs!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 am
The only team i see consistently getting beat with injuries so far this year are the broncos. I had nothing against Dummervil as he was a good, classy player, but i dislike the organization. Hopefully McDaniels continues to be arrogent and it leads him to another poor season.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:25 am
Broncos officialy have zero stars on either side of the ball. Great job McDaniels, trade away the core of a team and get left with Tim Tebow. Good for you f*ckface.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:38 pm
It's funny how so many fans dislike the broncos even more over the past couple of seasons when they are trying to acquire all of these "character" guys, hey assh@le(s) you're trying to field a competitive football team not a f*cking girl scout troop! I'm right there to - McDaniels came in and dismantled a roster that could have been a contender for years and he went about it in a scumbag, arrogant, all-mighty way. Like this douche bag knows something that the rest of the league doesn't. Nothing that they have done in the past 2 years has made any sense - not to mention having one of the worst/retarded drafts in history - how many times did they trade down, only to trade all those picks to move back up a couple of places to get a player that NOBODY WANTED!?!?

Your 110% correct Beast. I think I might hate the Broncos more than the Raiders at this point and I hope they go 0-16.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:01 pm
JREED23 wrote:It's funny how so many fans dislike the broncos even more over the past couple of seasons when they are trying to acquire all of these "character" guys, hey assh@le(s) you're trying to field a competitive football team not a f*cking girl scout troop! I'm right there to - McDaniels came in and dismantled a roster that could have been a contender for years and he went about it in a scumbag, arrogant, all-mighty way. Like this douche bag knows something that the rest of the league doesn't. Nothing that they have done in the past 2 years has made any sense - not to mention having one of the worst/retarded drafts in history - how many times did they trade down, only to trade all those picks to move back up a couple of places to get a player that NOBODY WANTED!?!?

Your 110% correct Beast. I think I might hate the Broncos more than the Raiders at this point and I hope they go 0-16.

For the record, HALLOWEEN at Wembley Stadium, I will be cheering for the Niners to beat the Broncos.

Granted that i want Darryl Dawkins to bust apart Vernon Davis ACL & Granted i want Patrick Willis to lay out a Headknock to Tim Tebow so great that McDaniels performs CPR on him... I will be cheering for a Niners victory that day :)
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board