The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 am
T.O did nothing negative in Buffalo.

T.O did nothing negative in Dallas.

He's a weird dude, some would argue stupid, but he isn't killin ppl. He isn't at clubs where ppl get shot. He isn't pullin out guns. He isn't doin drugs. He deserves another shot and I think it could actually HELP Bradford's development ... Noone wants Chansi Stuckey as their # 1
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:30 am
to say that he did nothing negative in Dallas maybe a little naive, although no instances come to mind I do recall former players mentioning something to the effect and there is no arguing that he was a big distraction at times. Regardless TO seems like he has been humbled by his exile to Buffalo and his inability to find work. I believe he could be a more than productive WR for at least a couple more seasons - the guy is still in great shape and had good numbers last season considering that the Bills' offense was horrible. I just don't want to see him on a NFC West roster and be good, if he destroys the locker room - great! But I doubt that will happen.

i'd take him on the 9ers roster as we need a solid no. 2 and I believe his 2nd-to-none work ethic would set a good example for our young WR staff.

Does anyone actually believe that he isn't a 1st ballot HOFer and one of the top WRs to ever play the game?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:12 am
I've only ever remembered T.O ruining good teams lockerroom. I don't remember how it ended in San Francisco. But i do remembe T.O blaming McNabb at the probowl following the eagles Superbowl Loss. I remember him crying on tv and pronouncing his Dallas QB Romo My No Homo. BUT BUFFALO- he left that organization on good terms- Or did he?

If i was a owner of St Louis about to sign QB Bradford to 50 mil Guaranteed. I'd need some assurances from T.O that he's here to help Bradford develop and not get up to his usual selfish tricks.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:43 pm
PAWNO wrote:I've only ever remembered T.O ruining good teams lockerroom. I don't remember how it ended in San Francisco. But i do remembe T.O blaming McNabb at the probowl following the eagles Superbowl Loss. I remember him crying on tv and pronouncing his Dallas QB Romo My No Homo. BUT BUFFALO- he left that organization on good terms- Or did he?

If i was a owner of St Louis about to sign QB Bradford to 50 mil Guaranteed. I'd need some assurances from T.O that he's here to help Bradford develop and not get up to his usual selfish tricks.

Yeah but at the same time you'd want at least one viable WR for Bradford to throw to and T.O. can still be good for 900+ yards. What good is a good young QB when he has nobody to throw to? i think T.O. will keep his mouth shut and just be happy to be with a team by training camp.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:53 pm
JREED23 wrote:
PAWNO wrote:I've only ever remembered T.O ruining good teams lockerroom. I don't remember how it ended in San Francisco. But i do remembe T.O blaming McNabb at the probowl following the eagles Superbowl Loss. I remember him crying on tv and pronouncing his Dallas QB Romo My No Homo. BUT BUFFALO- he left that organization on good terms- Or did he?

Yeah but at the same time you'd want at least one viable WR for Bradford to throw to and T.O. can still be good for 900+ yards. What good is a good young QB when he has nobody to throw to? i think T.O. will keep his mouth shut and just be happy to be with a team by training camp.

One of the reporters at ESPN is saying St Louis is out of the race.

Something along the lines of they dont wanna pay a premium for his services, especially when a move to Cincinatti is becoming more and more likely every day.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:07 pm
i was just about to post that, well good news for NFC West fans (or is it?). I can't believe that the Bengals are down with this considering they already have the biggest mouths and most overrated WR in the game in Johnson (I refuse to call him ocho cinco) - like they need anymore bad PR...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:58 am
Training Camps kick off this week....

HOLY ****, But i saw Tim Kwakami write a positive BAY AREA football column today... That dude's usually such a negative A-HOLE!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:40 pm
JREED23 wrote:i was just about to post that, well good news for NFC West fans (or is it?). I can't believe that the Bengals are down with this considering they already have the biggest mouths and most overrated WR in the game in Johnson (I refuse to call him ocho cinco) - like they need anymore bad PR...

Ocho is hilarious. Seriously. If he annoys you that much, you have issues. He does it all in fun. Everyone loves him ... but you. He has his own condoms FFS. "Ocho Cinco Condoms: Catch Everything your Johnson Shoots" ... how could you not like this dude? He's GREAT PR.

Antonio Bryant you could make a case for as a "distraction" --though I think this whole distraction stuff is basically another way of saying the MEDIA needs something to talk about, so they'll ask questions about said player until it DOES become a distraction--
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:13 pm
I find ochocinco pretty amusing. sometimes he detracts too much from the team concept but he is amusing.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:55 pm
Beast Mode wrote:
JREED23 wrote:i was just about to post that, well good news for NFC West fans (or is it?). I can't believe that the Bengals are down with this considering they already have the biggest mouths and most overrated WR in the game in Johnson (I refuse to call him ocho cinco) - like they need anymore bad PR...

Ocho is hilarious. Seriously. If he annoys you that much, you have issues. He does it all in fun. Everyone loves him ... but you. He has his own condoms FFS. "Ocho Cinco Condoms: Catch Everything your Johnson Shoots" ... how could you not like this dude? He's GREAT PR.

Antonio Bryant you could make a case for as a "distraction" --though I think this whole distraction stuff is basically another way of saying the MEDIA needs something to talk about, so they'll ask questions about said player until it DOES become a distraction--
Well what I posted could have easily been interpreted as me not liking Johnson, but I actually do find him amusing - I wish they would have focused more on him on hard knocks last season. What I said before wasn't even an opinion really; fact: he has a big mouth and with all the pub he gets people forget that he is a WR that's on the decline. Your right about him being good PR, I was actually referring to the numerous arrests and stuff they've had throughout recent years and T.O. hasn't been known for his quality PR contributions.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:48 pm
So I guess Albert Haynesworth didn't pass a conditioning test for the 2nd straight practice. What is wrong with this guy? He is such an epic douche.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:18 pm
JREED23 wrote:So I guess Albert Haynesworth didn't pass a conditioning test for the 2nd straight practice. What is wrong with this guy? He is such an epic douche.

shannahan is sending a message. albert missed the time by ONE SECOND. any other player would've gotten a re-do or some **** ... but Al deserves this for running his mouth.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:47 pm
TO signs in cincy. Already missed his first plane to practice. 1 year deal for 2 million.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:00 pm
mullin17 wrote:TO signs in cincy. Already missed his first plane to practice. 1 year deal for 2 million.

He was there yesterday and today though. I think he will behave himself... for now.

Oh and welcome to the board mullin17

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:16 pm
mullin17 wrote:TO signs in cincy. Already missed his first plane to practice. 1 year deal for 2 million.

welcome to the board mullin17...if you have any questions ask PAWNO
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board