The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:00 pm
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Surprise Surprise... Herm Edwards is fired. I think its a joke that it took this long. Now that most of the coaching vacancies for not only HC but coordinator positions have been filled. Maybe the raiders can nab him for DC? (this man can dream can he)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917


Finally? Gee, took long enough. Looks like Mike Shanahan is going to take over as coach.

Reeves? I'm not sure what the Niners are doing anymore. We've had what? 7 interviews already?


Shouldnt Dan Reeves just stay out in the pasture? How long has he been out of coaching? I dont know about that hiring, its not like the Niners have an offensive genius running the show and can afford to bring in a guy that everybody just reckognizes. For the sake of all Niners fans, I hope they just had to interview a guy from the AARP list to save face.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5889
» Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:13 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Shouldnt Dan Reeves just stay out in the pasture? How long has he been out of coaching? I.


2 WORDS- TOM-WALSH

3 WORDS- BREAD AND BREAKFAST!!!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:09 am
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Surprise Surprise... Herm Edwards is fired. I think its a joke that it took this long. Now that most of the coaching vacancies for not only HC but coordinator positions have been filled. Maybe the raiders can nab him for DC? (this man can dream can he)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917


Finally? Gee, took long enough. Looks like Mike Shanahan is going to take over as coach.

Reeves? I'm not sure what the Niners are doing anymore. We've had what? 7 interviews already?


Shouldnt Dan Reeves just stay out in the pasture? How long has he been out of coaching? I dont know about that hiring, its not like the Niners have an offensive genius running the show and can afford to bring in a guy that everybody just reckognizes. For the sake of all Niners fans, I hope they just had to interview a guy from the AARP list to save face.


Well, he wasn't hired. He's just being interviewed. And for the sake of us all, I hope that's as far as it gets. I don't want him here.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:05 am
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Surprise Surprise... Herm Edwards is fired. I think its a joke that it took this long. Now that most of the coaching vacancies for not only HC but coordinator positions have been filled. Maybe the raiders can nab him for DC? (this man can dream can he)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917


Finally? Gee, took long enough. Looks like Mike Shanahan is going to take over as coach.


Really?. I haven't read anything about it... but wouldn't be surprised. That way, Shanahan would have a chance to beat the Donkeys and Raiders twice per year. :mrgreen:

Still, it makes no sense to fire him this late. Herm is a lousy coach, but he should have been fired right after the season, not now. I wonder what Pioli has mind for his new coach, if it's not Shanahan.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:06 am
shannarat is an upgrade for KC ...herm after spending all that time with dungy.....came out his first year as a loud , jive talker...didn't take long for him to pipe down...just never understood how dungy and herm are so tight?

Moderator
Posts: 5355
» Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:26 pm
Somebody please tell Larry Fitzgerald that he is a Wide Reciever. The dude is nothing but class. I've always digged his mild manner, his respect to his coaches, teammates and media. Everytime i see this guy on the field, on the sidelines, off the field, he seems so chill and calm. WR's are not suppose to be this way!

ANYWAYS, heres whats happen today. has now said he will restructure his contract so the team makes it a priority for the team to re-sign Boldin. I don't see TO ever doing anything like this. People like to have Marvin Harrison as the #1 classy WR, but Fitz IMO takes the reign. Plus he doesn't have any pending gun charges against him.

WANT MORE FITZ???Read this piece by Rick Reilly. Thought this was pretty cool.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3848921
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Somebody please tell Larry Fitzgerald that he is a Wide Reciever. The dude is nothing but class. I've always digged his mild manner, his respect to his coaches, teammates and media. Everytime i see this guy on the field, on the sidelines, off the field, he seems so chill and calm. WR's are not suppose to be this way!

ANYWAYS, heres whats happen today. has now said he will restructure his contract so the team makes it a priority for the team to re-sign Boldin. I don't see TO ever doing anything like this. People like to have Marvin Harrison as the #1 classy WR, but Fitz IMO takes the reign. Plus he doesn't have any pending gun charges against him.

WANT MORE FITZ???Read this piece by Rick Reilly. Thought this was pretty cool.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3848921


agreed. It does not get much better than Fitz both on and off the field. In a time where only the a-holes get attention, it is nice to see a true class act get some run.

I still cant root for them to win though
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:37 pm
Go Cards! :D

:mrgreen:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:32 pm
I really don't think restructuring his contract will solve anything. Boldin wants to leave and stop playing under Fitzgerald's shadow. He wants to be the number one option. If he's a Cardinal next season, I'll be shocked.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:17 am
xbay wrote:I really don't think restructuring his contract will solve anything. Boldin wants to leave and stop playing under Fitzgerald's shadow. He wants to be the number one option. If he's a Cardinal next season, I'll be shocked.


Yep, from what I've read, Boldin just wants to leave. I don't know if it's because of Fitz, or because he doesn't want to stay a Card or what, but I doubt they'll be able to keep him there (unless they put the franchise card on him).
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:09 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:I really don't think restructuring his contract will solve anything. Boldin wants to leave and stop playing under Fitzgerald's shadow. He wants to be the number one option. If he's a Cardinal next season, I'll be shocked.


Yep, from what I've read, Boldin just wants to leave. I don't know if it's because of Fitz, or because he doesn't want to stay a Card or what, but I doubt they'll be able to keep him there (unless they put the franchise card on him).


But he is NOT a free agent so unless they allow him to leave, he is not going anywhere
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm
What an AMAZING play by James Harrison. One of the greatest plays in SB history in my mind. That is why he was the DPOY!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 pm
Great game. What a rally down the field led by Big Ben and the run after the catch by Holmes which ultimately, led to the great catch by him. I was hoping the Steelers would tie it 23-23 and go into overtime, because I had a 3-3 box and I would of won $350.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:33 pm
I love Larry Fitzgerald, best WR in the league no question. He is head and shoulders above every other WR in the NFL.

That aside, fantastic game today and Santonio Holmes' TD catch is going to go down in history with some of the greatest game winners in the NFL...it was just amazing.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:35 pm
Spectacular 4th qtr of football. You are so right Capt, that catch will go down as one of the best of all time.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest