The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:58 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Wow, bad no call to end the game.

I can't say I blame McNabb completely. He didn't play great, but the defense gave up 32 points, that's bad.

Yeah, I would of called it. It's tough, though, at that point of the game.

But when you play the Cards, expect them to score. Especially since they're at home. Everything is going to fall on McNabb and Reid, but they didn't lose the game. Westbrook couldn't produce.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:00 pm
xbay wrote:

I can't say I blame McNabb completely. He didn't play great, but the defense gave up 32 points, that's bad.

But when you play the Cards, expect them to score. Especially since they're at home. Everything is going to fall on McNabb and Reid, but they didn't lose the game. Westbrook couldn't produce.

Agreed about Westbrook, they stuck with him much longer than they usually do and he didn't do anything for them. And really 32 points...come on, that is not giving your offense a chance to win the game.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:06 pm
yeah i dont wanna hear eagles fans anywhere complain about that pass interference call (err no call). Remember in the first half, at the kickoff, which was rulled out of bounds, which it wasnt and recovered by Arizona, but it was ruled not reviewable. So usually this miss calls have a way of balancing out from one another. I thought the officiating was pretty good, not perfect, but overall not the factor of the game
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:07 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
xbay wrote:

Agreed about Westbrook, they stuck with him much longer than they usually do and he didn't do anything for them. And really 32 points...come on, that is not giving your offense a chance to win the game.

Yeah, Westbrook just has not been able to do anything at all this postseason. If he actually showed up, they probably may have won. But he has been playing hurt for the past like 5 weeks or so. I mean, I know the Cards passing attack is tough to stop, but for Asante and Dawkins side to get beat three times for TDs is bad.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:04 pm
Like I said Cards - Steelers....

you guys should have place your bets... lol :wink: :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:21 am
:shock: The f*cking Cards are in the SB?. How did that happen??? You can't be sure of anything anymore nowadays...

And, what's more important, is anybody able to stop Larry Fitzgerald at this point?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:34 am
TMC wrote::shock: The f*cking Cards are in the SB?. How did that happen??? You can't be sure of anything anymore nowadays...

And, what's more important, is anybody able to stop Larry Fitzgerald at this point?

Yeah, who would of thought? I doubted them and they answered back without even running their mouths back. Good for them.

And Larry? I don't think so. And I hope they don't. Gotta keep the Steelers at 5 SB wins with the Niners and Cowgirls!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:53 am
Cards gotta get their first SB win. Longest running franchise in the NFL.
It's about time. I'm just sad they are no longer in St. Louis. eff Arizona.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:23 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Now that Dungy has retired, it is time for the Colts to give Ron Meeks the head coaching job... he is a brilliant mind, and is pretty influencial like Dungy, and has been with that club for 6 seasons. That way, most of the staff, will probably stay in place (especially tom moore), and this team can once again have a shot of the title.

They would be foolish to go for someone outside the organization. Its not like Manning will be around forever. Do it Indy.

Edit... Immediately following this posting, i just realized that Dungy has chosen Jim Caldwell as his successor. I really think this is not to smart. Caldwell was gonna stay in the staff anyways (probably), Meeks is getting Head Coach interviews. PLus, they dont need an offensive head coach, as Manning is a genius and serves as a OC on his own, along with Moore, who is too old to go anywhere... I think Indy chose the wrong guy... they should of gone Defensive

Appears that Meeks is not being retained and is shopping himself at the Senior Bowl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Now that Dungy has retired, it is time for the Colts to give Ron Meeks the head coaching job... he is a brilliant mind, and is pretty influencial like Dungy, and has been with that club for 6 seasons. That way, most of the staff, will probably stay in place (especially tom moore), and this team can once again have a shot of the title.

They would be foolish to go for someone outside the organization. Its not like Manning will be around forever. Do it Indy.

Edit... Immediately following this posting, i just realized that Dungy has chosen Jim Caldwell as his successor. I really think this is not to smart. Caldwell was gonna stay in the staff anyways (probably), Meeks is getting Head Coach interviews. PLus, they dont need an offensive head coach, as Manning is a genius and serves as a OC on his own, along with Moore, who is too old to go anywhere... I think Indy chose the wrong guy... they should of gone Defensive

Appears that Meeks is not being retained and is shopping himself at the Senior Bowl

DO IT OAKLAND!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:27 pm
A few notes to consider:

1.- Rex Ryan has agreed to term with the Ravens. And I don't know what to think of this. I mean, other DC of the Ravens have been named HC before, and the results have been mixed. I like Marvin Lewis a lot, but Nolan has been a total failure.

Also, word out of NY is that they've hired him over Spags because he runs a 3-4.

2.- The Packers have made a good signing with Dom Capers as their DC. Great, underrated coordinator. It's offense what's a real problem for him, but if he can only focus on the defensive side, he's a big improvement for Green Bay.

3.- Now, to discuss a little... if Kurt Warner wins another SB ring with the Cards, and considering his almost MVP-like season, should he be considered for the HOF? (Well, considered it's a must... but would he make it?).
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:42 pm
TMC wrote:A few notes to consider:

1.- Rex Ryan has agreed to term with the Ravens. And I don't know what to think of this. I mean, other DC of the Ravens have been named HC before, and the results have been mixed. I like Marvin Lewis a lot, but Nolan has been a total failure.

Also, word out of NY is that they've hired him over Spags because he runs a 3-4.

2.- The Packers have made a good signing with Dom Capers as their DC. Great, underrated coordinator. It's offense what's a real problem for him, but if he can only focus on the defensive side, he's a big improvement for Green Bay.

3.- Now, to discuss a little... if Kurt Warner wins another SB ring with the Cards, and considering his almost MVP-like season, should he be considered for the HOF? (Well, considered it's a must... but would he make it?).

TMC, I have to put him in there if he wins the Superbowl again. He has made 2 irrelevant franchises relevant. That alone should get him serious consideration. Kurt came out of nowhere once for the Rams, then again for the Cards. I think if he loses, he should be considered for the Hall, but if he wins.....he should be a lock. 2 superbowls and 2 league MVPs....should have been 3 this year. He is in!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:48 pm

I like Lewis, too. It's just the front office gives him trouble makers and character issue players.

TMC wrote:3.- Now, to discuss a little... if Kurt Warner wins another SB ring with the Cards, and considering his almost MVP-like season, should he be considered for the HOF? (Well, considered it's a must... but would he make it?).

4 Pro Bowls, 2 MVPs, 1 SB MVP, 1 SB ring. He was a no body from the Arena League and helped lead "The Greatest Show on Turf" with Bruce and Faulk. I believe he has an impressive enough resume to go.

Here's another question... are the Steelers one of the best, if not the best ran franchise in all of professional sports?

I mean, look at it... 5 SB wins, 7 SB appearances, 7-time AFC Champs, 19-time Division Champs, 25 playoff appearances, 21 HoFs, the "Steel Curtain" defense, the Rooney family has been owners since the franchise starter, and ever since Chuck Noll... they had only Bill Cowher and Mike Tomlin to succeed as coach.
Last edited by xbay on Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:09 pm

he doesnt need to do anything more to secure a HOF xbay. He won 2 MVPs (one in SB), lead a team to 3 superbowls, and has had some phenomenal seasons (stats wise). just cuz his career started late, got bounced around, backed up, when its all said and done, he is in already. That's HOF material right there in this league which gives ultimate cred. to the QB position
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:23 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

he doesnt need to do anything more to secure a HOF xbay. He won 2 MVPs (one in SB), lead a team to 3 superbowls, and has had some phenomenal seasons (stats wise). just cuz his career started late, got bounced around, backed up, when its all said and done, he is in already. That's HOF material right there in this league which gives ultimate cred. to the QB position

You mean, TMC. :wink: Surprised it wasn't me reporting the news this time around, eh?
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board