The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:22 pm
I'd take Jerry over Walter only because RB's don't last that long in the NFL. I mean, yeah, I absolutely love Payton, he's my favorite player ever, on the offensive side to say the least; Reggie White being the other. Anyway, their body starts to take a toll on theirselves and they won't be such a factor as before. Plus RB is one of the easiest positions to get injured at. That's why if you ever see me do an NFL fantasy league, I'll never draft a RB first. I'll wait and take the QB. But if Jerry Rice wasn't so great I'd take Walter over Rice in a heartbeat.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:10 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'd take Jerry over Walter only because RB's don't last that long in the NFL.

Yeah. That's true, although we were talking only about personal preferences. If it were long term, I'd agree. A RB career has 5-6 years less than a receiver.

As for my faves, it's pretty clear now: Walter Payton (offense) & Derrick Brooks (defense).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:14 am
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'd take Jerry over Walter only because RB's don't last that long in the NFL.

Yeah. That's true, although we were talking only about personal preferences. If it were long term, I'd agree. A RB career has 5-6 years less than a receiver.

As for my faves, it's pretty clear now: Walter Payton (offense) & Derrick Brooks (defense).

Brooks? Why's that?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:35 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Brooks? Why's that?

Once again, personal preference. Derrick Brooks was the most important player of Tampa in its superbowl season, and is the most important player in Bucs history... I'm not saying he's the best ever, just my personal favorite.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:51 pm
Titans @ Redskins - Titans won 25-22. They lovin' the Vinsanity over in Tennessee.

Bengals @ Bucs - Bucs won 14-13. It's the Bengals defense. The offense is fine. All hail Bruce Gradowski. Bruce Almighty as TMC would say. 2 TD's, 1 INT for 185 yards.

Seahawks @ Rams - Seahawks won 30-28. Close game. Came down to a 50 yd FG. If the Seahawks got called for a false start, the Rams would've won because of the 10 second draw off rule and their was only 4 seconds left.

Eagles @ Saints - Saints won 27-24. The Saints are forreal. Trust me, Brees wasn't sacked once.

Bills @ Lions - Lions won 20-17. At least they aren't winless anymore.

Texans @ Cowboys - Cowboys won 34-6. I thought Bledsoe would have a better week. Now T.O. can shut up because he had 3 TD's to go with his 34 yards

Panthers @ Ravens - Panthers won 23-21. McNair left the game and Boller came in. He stepped up when doing the no huddle. And let me tell you, some of his TD's he threw were pretty fun to watch because two of them bounced off someone before his receiver caught it. Ed Reed blew a coverage assignment in the end which led to Smith with the long TD reception.

Giants @ Falcons - Giants won 27-14. Vick was contained. 98 yards on the last 5 drives for the Falcons resulted this loss. They couldn't move throught the air. Vick is a horrible passer, great runner. Only one of those abilities showed up Sunday.

Chargers @ 49ers - Chargers won 48-19. LT had a big day ripping off for 4 TD's. Rivers had a great day throwing the ball. Smith performed the way he was expected. This is what I expected.

Chiefs @ Steelers - Steelers won 45-7. Big Ben bounced back with 2 TD's and the defense played real well. All they have to do is go 8-2 to ensure a playoff spot. Won't be easy.

Dolphins @ Jets - Jets won 20-17. Offensive struggle early on and it led to Mare having to nail a GW field goal. He missed and the Jets won.

Raiders @ Broncos - Broncos won 13-3. The Broncos offense is struggling but the defense is playing excellent.

Bears @ Cardinals - Leinart compares this game like any other college game. Interesting because last time I checked, the Bears offense and defense is no where near the talent the college game has.
Last edited by xbay on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:53 pm
ALL HAIL BRUCE ALMIGHTY

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:18 pm
7-5 on the week with one more game to go. Bad week with plenty of suprises and great games.
Last edited by xbay on Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:28 pm
I had the day off work today and watched Raiders vs Broncos.

Raiders played real good but there was 3 key moments which led to the Raiders downfall again!

1.Champ Bailey intercept. ( Raiders were in the red zone )
2. Langston Walker injury ( Chad Slaughter/Langston replacement had 3 false starts )
3. Larry Jordan fumble ( It made for great footage when ESPN returned from there commercial break :mrgreen: )
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:39 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:I had the day off work today and watched Raiders vs Broncos.

Raiders played real good but there was 3 key moments which led to the Raiders downfall again!

1.Champ Bailey intercept. ( Raiders were in the red zone )
2. Langston Walker injury ( Chad Slaughter/Langston replacement had 3 false starts )
3. Larry Jordan fumble ( It made for great footage when ESPN returned from there commercial break :mrgreen: )

They had some type of chance because the Broncos offense was struggling. Just came down to the defense and the Broncos defense is one of the best. But I agree all those plays proved costly.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:43 pm
It really is sad watching Al Davis from that box gawking at his team lose.

I know how much you hate him xbaywarrior... but Al Davis is at his best when his team is winning! We need the Davis Charisma flowing back through the nfl
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:46 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:It really is sad watching Al Davis from that box gawking at his team lose.

I know how much you hate him xbaywarrior... but Al Davis is at his best when his team is winning! We need the Davis Charisma flowing back through the nfl

Yeah I noticed. He does his best to bring in players that can help bring this franchise back but Moss is hurting the team with his stupid comments, Porter does not like Shell, Sapp doesn't seem to acknowledge his role as leader. He's trying, I hate the guy, but then I can't help but feel for him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:26 am
Yeah Moss words are hurting the team..

BUT ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THEN WORDS. If he can continue to get his 100 yrds recieving a game and throw in a touchdown once a week. his definately worth keeping around.

But Xbaywarrior thinks he won't be here next season. i beg to differ.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:43 am
Pretty decent week for me. 8-4 is not bad for a week with so many weird games. And probably 9-4 after the Bears game...

I think the Raiders have the basis of a very decent defense, but they need to completely rebuild the offense. Trade Moss, Porter, Jordan... anyone for picks. And start drafting talent to go with the defense.

Adrian Peterson would be a very good starting point.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:23 pm
TMC wrote:Pretty decent week for me. 8-4 is not bad for a week with so many weird games. And probably 9-4 after the Bears game...

I think the Raiders have the basis of a very decent defense, but they need to completely rebuild the offense. Trade Moss, Porter, Jordan... anyone for picks. And start drafting talent to go with the defense.

Adrian Peterson would be a very good starting point.

Yeah but remember he sustained that broken collarbone. I agree, the offense needs help but I'm thinking the Raiders will go to rebuilding the rush defense because they're ranked 28th against the run. If they can't get someone in FA, they'll go to the draft because Sapp is old and Burgess is their only pass rusher.

And about that Cincy/TB game. I saw the highlights and what made me take notice more than Gradowski's play was that horrible roughing the passer penalty on Cincy that most likely set the GW drive for the Bucs. I mean, how was that roughing the passer? It seemed as if Bruce was ducking to shake off the Bengals DE, not going down on purpose. And that wasn't even a big hit. I think that sequence helped the Bucs win this one. Don't know, that was just a horrible call. And as Marvin Lewis added, "I guess we have to cuddle him down."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:11 pm
You catch the Monday Night Game TMC? That was intense. Neil Rackers choked again and the Cardinals blew a 20-0 lead. 21 of the 24 points came off the Bears defense. Wow, what a game.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board