The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:24 pm
TMC wrote:
Tarantism wrote:TMC, where you at? Ready to get my Birds back on the winning track this Sunday? 8)

Eh... if that means we're gonna be one step closer toward Rah's firing, I'm all for it. I'm sick and tired of this "everything's gonna be alright or else I'll keep firing guys and pretending it's not my fault".

If you were looking for a little friendly fight, this is not the year to find it. :wink:

Man. I can't even smack talk that kind of depression. Oh well, my brother is a Bucs fan so maybe I can get some better smack out of him since we are watching the game together Sunday.

Franchise Player
» Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:02 pm
ABSOLUTELY LOVE SEEING THE STEELERS LOSE! It's fun everytime. I tell u what for a 3rd string that Dixon looked the goods. It's a shame Such a memorable debut was spoiled by a int. But overall great td to Holmes. Great run to the redzone. But this Steelers team is suspect. There season will really be on the line next week when the raiders pay them a visit. I think they'll choke and implode. Oh by the way. I'm boldly predicting raiders will win any of there away games if it snows <@browns @denver @pittsburgh>

Starting Lineup
» Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:07 am
Tarantism wrote:
TMC wrote:
Tarantism wrote:TMC, where you at? Ready to get my Birds back on the winning track this Sunday? 8)

Eh... if that means we're gonna be one step closer toward Rah's firing, I'm all for it. I'm sick and tired of this "everything's gonna be alright or else I'll keep firing guys and pretending it's not my fault".

If you were looking for a little friendly fight, this is not the year to find it. :wink:

Man. I can't even smack talk that kind of depression. Oh well, my brother is a Bucs fan so maybe I can get some better smack out of him since we are watching the game together Sunday.

Well, TMC, your team brought the smack for most of the game even if you didn't. Admittedly, it took four major injuries and our worst offensive effort of the year for the game to be close, and we still won in the end, but at least it was exciting.

My brother got so mad on the last touchdown pass by Redman that he got up and slammed his hand against the wall. Last I heard he seems to think it is fractured haha. You can call that adding injury to insult I guess.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:39 am
Tarantism wrote:Well, TMC, your team brought the smack for most of the game even if you didn't. Admittedly, it took four major injuries and our worst offensive effort of the year for the game to be close, and we still won in the end, but at least it was exciting.

My brother got so mad on the last touchdown pass by Redman that he got up and slammed his hand against the wall. Last I heard he seems to think it is fractured haha. You can call that adding injury to insult I guess.

Yeah, the D looked much better than expected, particularly stopping the Falcons running game. And we got lucky with Ryan's injury, as those two teams are much closer when Redman is on the field instead of Ryan.

Still, our offense, except for a few big plays, pretty much sucks. And Rah looked like a clueless coach once again, with the fake punt, a timeout at the worst possible time near the goal line and a few more botches.

Lots of positives, lots of negatives as well. Can't wait to see him fired.

As for the Falcons, I wasn't really impressed. Just hope Ryan's injury is not serious, because they're gonna be out of playoff contention soon if he can't play. We're really bad and almost beat them at home. That can't happen to a playoff team.

Role Player
» Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Saints and Pats already a good game. Hope the Saints pour it on.

All Star
» Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:52 pm
SFWarriors wrote:Saints and Pats already a good game. Hope the Saints pour it on.

Word, that 75 yard touchdown was the second happiest I've ever been watching the Patriots (first was watching them lose the Superbowl). I've never seen such a bad blown coverage.

All Star
» Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 pm
Pats suck...ha ha!

Role Player
» Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
SFWarriors wrote:Saints and Pats already a good game. Hope the Saints pour it on.

Word, that 75 yard touchdown was the second happiest I've ever been watching the Patriots (first was watching them lose the Superbowl). I've never seen such a bad blown coverage.

I dont know, that 4th down call vs the colts was a pretty sweet moment too. Regardless this game is just plain AWESOME. Saints offense running up the score and the defense laying down the smack on the Pats haha.

Franchise Player
» Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm
If you asked me at the beginning of last week who I thought was more likely to lose their first game, the logical choice would of the been the Saints. But I had this gut feeling the Texans would give the Colts a harder time than the Patriots would give the Saints. And look what happened...

Saints 'Brees" to victory while the Colts needed Peyton Manning's 3 big TDs to come from behind.

I'm really unsure who can beat this Saints team. I wonder... who you guys got if the 2009 Saints play the 2007 Patriots?

Hall of Famer
» Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:15 am
xbay wrote:I'm really unsure who can beat this Saints team. I wonder... who you guys got if the 2009 Saints play the 2007 Patriots?

Saints. The O is not even close. Although that Pats D was better than the current Saints one, so, overall, it would be a close one. But this Saints are just amazing on offense. Sorry, but the only team comparable was the Rams of Warner and Faulk, and I still think the Saints D is better.

Franchise Player
» Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm
Haven't done this in a while, so a couple notes...

1) Vick's return to Atlanta was mixed, but the boos drained out any cheers. He came back and did what he used to for them... ran and passed for a TD. Do you guys think he's messing with Donovan McNabb's rhythm?

2) Is it possible that we're going to see two undefeated teams heading into the postseason?

3) What's wrong with the Patriots and finishing games?

4) What's wrong with the Steelers; losers of 4 straight?

5) Where were these Redskins at the beginning of the season? Put the thanks to the offensive ball movement on Sherman Lewis. Is Zorn's job safe, still?

6) If you were the Super Bowl were today with the Saints and Colts going against each other, who you got?

Hall of Famer
» Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:12 am
xbay wrote:1) Vick's return to Atlanta was mixed, but the boos drained out any cheers. He came back and did what he used to for them... ran and passed for a TD. Do you guys think he's messing with Donovan McNabb's rhythm?

Nah, he's just another weapon for Philly. And not a big one. They're using him more with Jackson and Westbrook out, but that's about it.

I'm pretty sure he won't be back next year, tho. McNabb is the man in Philly (and he deserves it), and Vick is just trying to get his legs back. But he'll have to show it somewhere else next season.

xbay wrote:2) Is it possible that we're going to see two undefeated teams heading into the postseason?

Entirely possible. Haven't checked the Colts schedule, but the Saints only have one tough game remaining (against Dallas, but at home). The other three, at three NFC South matches (at Atlanta, at Carolina and vs the Bucs), and they should definitely win them all.

Don't know about the Colts schedule, but I remember it wasn't that hard, so it's pretty likely will have two undefeated teams heading into the playoffs.

xbay wrote:3) What's wrong with the Patriots and finishing games?

They're not that good anymore. I think they're missing Rodney Harrison a lot more than they thought they'd do. Haven't been the same in D since he retired.

Oh, and Miami is a good team, let's give them that.

xbay wrote:4) What's wrong with the Steelers; losers of 4 straight?

I posted about it in the Raiders thread. Not only this one, but they also lost at KC. The Ravens one, I can take it... but those two Ls are pretty bad.

And, on paper, they should have been even better this year, with new weapons on Mendenhall and Mike Wallace... but their O-line hasn't improved as expected and their D is not as good as it once was. In part, it's due to Polamalu's injuries... but I refuse to believe he's the only reason for their record.

xbay wrote:5) Where were these Redskins at the beginning of the season? Put the thanks to the offensive ball movement on Sherman Lewis. Is Zorn's job safe, still?

I'd still bet for Zorn's firing after the season. The Redskins D is pretty good, their O is still a joke. These last game was a bit misleading, because Nawlins' was without 4 starters on D, and I've got the feeling they coasted a bit.

xbay wrote:6) If you were the Super Bowl were today with the Saints and Colts going against each other, who you got?

Saints. The Colts did a great job against the Titans, but it's not even close with New Orleans.

Although the Saints have to get everybody back and healthy on D, because their secondary is so banged up that they'd have trouble stopping Manning if the game were tomorrow.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:22 am
We almost beat New Orleans on the road. In fact, we were the first team to come close. The Panthers played them though in New Orleans as well.

Both the Colts and Saints have looked beatable recently.

All Star
» Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:26 am
Tarantism wrote:We almost beat New Orleans on the road. In fact, we were the first team to come close. The Panthers played them though in New Orleans as well.

Both the Colts and Saints have looked beatable recently.

Both the Colts and Saints are living a charmed life at the moment. A missed chipshot FG, teams falling apart with late leads against both teams. The Dolphins should have beat both of the undefeated teams, but everything has gone right for both the Colts and Saints at the end of the game. Part of that is making great adjustments and part of that is luck runnint out of your ass!

All Star
» Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:42 am
Meacham!! :shock: :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdmfE5YIE80[/youtube]